Sharkl11
    Sharkl11's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's Lebron James. One of few rare players that can take over a game. With the current hot streak they are on, the Cavs should be -2.

williams22
    williams22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    Hawks are a very good team especially at home. You don't think they know who Cleveland has beaten this past week? You don't think they want to be considered an elite team in the East? Hawks win at home, Cavs win tomorrow at home
    The difference in tonight's game (and the rematch tomorrow) will be the coaching and the veteran leadership of the Cavs. The Cavs have many more pieces they can use this year to tailor their gameplan for each team. Expect to see Jamario Moon get a lot of minutes tonight guarding both Joe Johnson and Marvin Williams. His length and athleticism will cause lots of problems for them.

Also, Cleveland's interior defense as of late has been nothing short of amazing. I don't see Atlanta's undersized frontcourt doing much damage tonight. Cavs take this one by 5-7.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

I just don't see the Cavs beating ATL on back to back nights. I might just stay away... I really like the Spurs U 198

williams22

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    I just don't see the Cavs beating ATL on back to back nights. I might just stay away... I really like the Spurs U 198
    I think the Cavs winning 3 straight on the road against tough opponents was a harder task than beating Atlanta back to back. In fact, the more I look at the matchups in this game the more I think Cleveland will win by double-digits.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by williams22 View Post
    The difference in tonight's game (and the rematch tomorrow) will be the coaching and the veteran leadership of the Cavs. I don't see Atlanta's undersized frontcourt doing much damage tonight. Cavs take this one by 5-7.
    Coaching? This same coach who put Ben Wallace in at crunch time in the Conference finals allowing Rashard Lewis to come off a screen and knock down a wide open game winner? And the height listed for Clevelands guards is humorous, Anthony Parker as 6'6 Delonte as 6'3 Gibson as 6'2 Parker=6'4 at best. Delonte=6'1 at best Gibson 6'0. Its just like the Mavs say Jason Terry is 6'3 and Barea is 6'0. Woodson for the Hawks is in talks for coach of the year, that bum Brown wouldnt even have a winning record if he didnt have Burger King. This game is gonna be just like the Dallas game, ATL knows what they gotta do. This ain't LA where they relied on the refs and the calls they usually get to win the game.

nick2060
    nick2060's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1096

I'm on the hawks tonight, good luck to everybody, especially if your on the same side i am

williams22

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT;283****
    Coaching? This same coach who put Ben Wallace in at crunch time in the Conference finals allowing Rashard Lewis to come off a screen and knock down a wide open game winner? And the height listed for Clevelands guards is humorous, Anthony Parker as 6'6 Delonte as 6'3 Gibson as 6'2 Parker=6'4 at best. Delonte=6'1 at best Gibson 6'0. Its just like the Mavs say Jason Terry is 6'3 and Barea is 6'0. Woodson for the Hawks is in talks for coach of the year, that bum Brown wouldnt even have a winning record if he didnt have Burger King. This game is gonna be just like the Dallas game, ATL knows what they gotta do. This ain't LA where they relied on the refs and the calls they usually get to win the game.
    I'm generally the first to criticize Mike Brown, but if there's something he's good at it's gameplanning for important games. His in-game decisions are iffy at best, but he puts together a gameplan for both ends of the floor as well as anyone now.

Considering I've shot around with the Cavs team before I can tell you they their listed heights are pretty damn accurate. Boobie is really more like 6'1" (my height) but Delonte is easily 6'3" and Parker is definitelty the full 6'6". Also, don't forget about Moon's length off the bench. By the way, you probably won't even see Boobie play tonight unless the Cavs get a large lead as Mike Brown has now moved him to the end of the rotation.

While Woodson is certainly good at getting a great effort out of his guys, his gameplanning is rather poor, as evidenced by the Cavs (easy) sweep of the Hawks in the playoffs last year. This year's Cleveland team is much more dangerous than last year's and Lebron has developed into more of a playmaker than a scorer, which is scary for opposing teams.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Williams, GL tonight buddy. We will see when the game is over.

iceaxe56
    iceaxe56's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 469

you forget vegas --moves the line just to attract money--no way of really telling how the money being bet on atlanta affects the line

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

Yah, Vegas tried to trap people by enticing people into betting the Hawks. Cleveland was the play. Hawks was a trap... Cash that ticket babby !

williams22

Quote Originally Posted by williams22 View Post
    I think the Cavs winning 3 straight on the road against tough opponents was a harder task than beating Atlanta back to back. In fact, the more I look at the matchups in this game the more I think Cleveland will win by double-digits.
    Just as I said. Anyone who doesn't think this Cleveland team is MUCH improved from last year is crazy. Ridiculously good defense combined with a more balanced offensive attack than last year makes Cleveland the hottest team in the NBA right now.

anthonyc023
    anthonyc023's Avatar Become A Pro!

the lock of the night was clearly the wizards game KD baby

First 12