Brooklyn8 16 23 0.410 15.0 11-15 5-4 8-13 8-10 3-7 L 7
    Indiana 15 25 0.375 16.5 9-11 2-4 8-10 7-15 5-5 L 2
    Charlotte 15 25 0.375 16.5 11-11 3-4 8-13 7-12 5-5 L 1
    Detroit 14 25 0.359 17.0 8-12 3-3 5-15 9-10 8-2 L 1
    Orlando 15 27 0.357 17.5 10-18 4-6 5-12 10-15 4-6 W 2
    Boston 13 24 0.351 17.0 9-16 4-4 9-12 4-12 3-7 L 1
    Philadelphia 7 31 0.184 23.5 6-16 1-7 2-16 5-15 3-7 L 2
    New York 5 35 0.125 26.5 4-20 2-4 3-17 2-18 0-10 L 15

All I keep hearing whenever anybody has to make a prediction is that the Bulls are the team to beat. Not sure what the odds are but even if they are indeed the Vegas favorite, why is it that the Bulls are considered the safest bet to represent the East? First of all, there's no guarantee that Rose stays healthy but even if he does, I don't consider Chicago the best team.

Atlanta? They could pull it off I suppose but I think they ultimately come up short in a 7 game series against a formidable opponent. They run an efficient ball movement system and Jeff Teague is very good at penetration but I think their shots get contested much better in a playoff series than what you see during the regular season. Guys like Korver won't be getting wide open looks and will be having to defend top of the line 2s and 3s.

The Raptors? Nah, I don't see it. Solid team. Lowry plays his ass off and is pound for pound one of the strongest guards in the league who can get to the rim with the best of them. This team lacks any real rim protection though. They still haven't discovered that nice medium on offense. They can go on bursts with the best of them but there's way too much hot and cold with them.

The Cavs are a mess. They'll be a tough out because they've got James and Irving is capable of great things but this team isn't going anywhere.

That leaves the Washington Wizards. Yes, the Wizards are my choice to represent the East. They have a balanced starting 5 and a solid unit led by Andre Miller who at age 38 has been playing like a 38 year old for years now but keeps everything going for this team during those crucial second rotation minutes. Wall and Beal just keep getting better. They can beat you in transition or in the halfcourt. Wall's jumpshot is really starting to come around. He's becoming an all around player and he's got that edge to him that great players have. The addition of Pierce was huge for this team and Nene is a bull to deal with down low. Look out for this Seraphin kid. He's really starting to turn into a player and he provides athleticism that they need in the frontcourt - particularly defensively.

That's just my synopsis. The thing that makes the East great is that we've got these teams that have all grown into contenders at the same time after years of struggling.

Would love to get some thoughts from you guys.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

kinda gotta look at Detroit post-Josh Smith

that's a playoff team now.

should be interesting

Wizards are good, and they do not match your avatar. (better if not)

i think Rose is a playoff fade for the Bulls, but Gasol looks great.
    If Kobe were fun to play with, he would still be in LA

Hawks, Raptors, Wizards.. Pistons?

should be interesting

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Washington is feasible.

I still think Chicago will get together.

Cleveland won't.

Atlanta is for real. They're like a poor mans Spurs with how well they move the ball now.

burmaldo
    burmaldo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3642

Would put my faith in a thibs led bulls team although they look uninspired right now defensively. Going thru the motions. SVG one of the best coaches in the league but can't see them going anywhere with a bj3 led team. He's hot right now sure, but no way he can keep it up especially against playoff defenses. They should have a real interesting offseason I feel like. Another year under the belt for Drummond and they could get interesting with a couple pieces added and maybe a couple subtracted.wiz look all around solid. Would take them over the hawks for sure

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Pistons are not a threat to do anything in the east. They got hot and they're better now than before but they won't even win 1 series if they get there

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Can Miami win a series?

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Cavs.

just need Blatt fired. then they show what they're made of.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

Only relevant teams in the east are Cleveland, Toronto, Washington, Atlanta, Chicago. I still think Cavs figure it out and probably go to the finals. Once they can get a full 10-15 game stretch with all the pieces together they should gel.

Bulls are good but still offensively challenged. Noah doesn't look the same coming off the surgery, and Rose has been up and down. Imo Raptors are a better version of the Bulls.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

This Cavs team is a lot different than the Miami group that went to the Finals in year one.

Miami is a much better organization with Riley behind them. Cleveland has a losing culture.

Also, Wade had a title so he had a championship pedigree. Besides Lebron, who do the Cavs have?

The Heat were strong defensively, Cleveland is not.

That Miami team took some time to gel but you always felt they were close and would eventually be that team.

This Cleveland bunch is getting embarrassed by double digits on a nightly basis. They're not even close.

Love isn't going to start playing defense when the playoffs start.

Lebron is off HGH now too!

t-wizzle

The Cavs have an excuse for when they lose.

"Oh Varejao was out, he's the unsung hero for this team." Lol gimme a break. Nice hustle, gritty player but they can manage without him. Their fate was never going to hinge on him.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    This Cavs team is a lot different than the Miami group that went to the Finals in year one.

Miami is a much better organization with Riley behind them. Cleveland has a losing culture.

Also, Wade had a title so he had a championship pedigree. Besides Lebron, who do the Cavs have?

That Miami team took some time to gel but you always felt they were close and would eventually be that team.

This Cleveland bunch is getting embarrassed by double digits on a nightly basis. They're not even close.

Defense is the key issue here. It's not getting better, nor will it ever. Love and Irving have never played a lick of D in their life. LeBron should've known better.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

The Bulls look like they have 2010 Gasol which makes them more of a threat than I initially thought them to be. They have to figure their defense out but I suspect it will come. My guess would be a Bulls - Wizards ECF.

I'm still not giving up on Miami though. If Wade can fukking stay healthy nobody wants to see them in a 7 game series.

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Let's talk about finding you a job

Seto

How does everyone feel about this now?

Starting to get square and think the Bulls and Cavs probably are the teams to beat in the end. It'll be interesting to see how the seedings end up ranking, I guess Atlanta is pretty much locked into #1 and Milwaukee into #6 but other than that it's hard to say where everyone will finish for sure. Depending on who finishes #3 that might actually be an interesting matchup. Raptors and Wizards are still unproven in a playoff scenario to me.

t-wizzle

I still like Washington. Chicago and the Cavs (because of Lebron) are the teams with any real pedigree though.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    I still like Washington. Chicago and the Cavs (because of Lebron) are the teams with any real pedigree though.
    I'm still not sold on John Wall. He pretty much played awful all playoffs last year iirc, the bigs and Beal carried them in that Bulls series and against the Pacers he couldn't hit a shot to save his life.

It's all gonna be matchups anyway so it's too early to say. Washington give Chicago problems because they have one of the few frontlines that can bully Chicago's. Doubt they would beat Cleveland as of now.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post

Miami had 2 of the best 3 players in the world on 1 team at the time. When ppl said they were failure after first 20 games in first year together, that's the only thing I had to say. 2 of top 3 players in the world on 1 team. Name one instance in nba history where that ever happened. never. kobe and shaq in 2002 arguably.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Washington is good. I think they can win the east if they make a move at the deadline. They really need someone legit off the bench. Ray Allen would be a perfect fit for this team and I think with him they can win the east for sure.

Wall is a legit superstar, top 3 PG in the nba. Beal is an above average player that doesn't really know how to create his own shot or create plays for others. Can't be averaging those assist numbers as a 2 guard in the nba and be considered a star. no chance.

nene is a beast. come playoff time he will be ready. butler webster miller and seraphen are all real solid off the bench, especially seraphen, he can start in this league.

only thing about washington is if wall struggles they will go through scoring droughts. no one can really stop wall -- he is on another level than he was last year.

miami is a dangerous team with wade and bosh healthy. deng is starting to find his way and whiteside is a top 4 center in the eastern conference. guy came out of nowhere. watch him play. he is dominant.

if lebron wade and bosh had whiteside during that 4 year period i guarantee they would have won 4 straight instead of 2/4. 100%.

miami has no bench but i think they can do some damage.

cleveland is a mystery. they can win the east off sheer talent. i think lebron will let these guys know what playoff ball is like and what needs to be done. i think they can do some damage, and will easily knock off a team like atl or toronto in a 7 game series.

the bulls are a threat for sure. jimmy butler is the best defender in the eastern conference right now outside of james. they have another good defender in snell and with that starting 5 they have and a solid bench they can go pretty far.

detroit can win a playoff series maybe depending on who they play, but they won't do any damage. most likely 1st round exit.

let's see where ray allen goes.

i really think that will be a huge factor in deciding the east if he stays in the east. he is still better than kyle korver. don't care if he's 37 38 years old. he is a straight knock down shooter and can still drive too when needed.

JoJo5473
    JoJo5473's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3046

Washington is not even close to winning the east. They are 20-8 at home and only 13-13 on the road, they have an average scoring margin of 7.6 at home (they win by an average of 7.6 points at home) and -3.3 on the road (they lose by an average of 3.3 points on the road), they are a great home team but just an avearge road team, not great, not good, but just average, like Milwaukee average. They will go as far as they have home court advantage, and the moment they don't have it, they are done.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Washington is good. I think they can win the east if they make a move at the deadline. They really need someone legit off the bench. Ray Allen would be a perfect fit for this team and I think with him they can win the east for sure.

Wall is a legit superstar, top 3 PG in the nba. Beal is an above average player that doesn't really know how to create his own shot or create plays for others. Can't be averaging those assist numbers as a 2 guard in the nba and be considered a star. no chance.

nene is a beast. come playoff time he will be ready. butler webster miller and seraphen are all real solid off the bench, especially seraphen, he can start in this league.

only thing about washington is if wall struggles they will go through scoring droughts. no one can really stop wall -- he is on another level than he was last year.

miami is a dangerous team with wade and bosh healthy. deng is starting to find his way and whiteside is a top 4 center in the eastern conference. guy came out of nowhere. watch him play. he is dominant.

if lebron wade and bosh had whiteside during that 4 year period i guarantee they would have won 4 straight instead of 2/4. 100%.

miami has no bench but i think they can do some damage.

cleveland is a mystery. they can win the east off sheer talent. i think lebron will let these guys know what playoff ball is like and what needs to be done. i think they can do some damage, and will easily knock off a team like atl or toronto in a 7 game series.

the bulls are a threat for sure. jimmy butler is the best defender in the eastern conference right now outside of james. they have another good defender in snell and with that starting 5 they have and a solid bench they can go pretty far.

detroit can win a playoff series maybe depending on who they play, but they won't do any damage. most likely 1st round exit.

let's see where ray allen goes.

i really think that will be a huge factor in deciding the east if he stays in the east. he is still better than kyle korver. don't care if he's 37 38 years old. he is a straight knock down shooter and can still drive too when needed.
    So if the hawks get Ray...they become unstoppable?

t-wizzle

The Wizards played possum on me.

Seto

Bulls over Wizards in 5 or 6 games in the ECF.

Didn't think Washington would beat Toronto after what I saw from them most of the year. I would be surprised to see them lose to the Hawks or Nets now so I think they'll go 1 better than last year. They aren't going to the Finals though. Just need the fukking Bulls to beat the Cavs.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Bulls over Wizards in 5 or 6 games in the ECF.

Didn't think Washington would beat Toronto after what I saw from them most of the year. I would be surprised to see them lose to the Hawks or Nets now so I think they'll go 1 better than last year. They aren't going to the Finals though. Just need the fukking Bulls to beat the Cavs.

No they probably won't go to the Finals but I'd like to see them in the ECF.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    No they probably won't go to the Finals but I'd like to see them in the ECF.
    Don't see how they don't make it. Atlanta is a joke. I still think the Nets can beat them. I hope they do cause I don't wanna be in that position where I'm tempted to take Wizards series huge in the conference semifinals like last year. Bad memories

larryp0405
    larryp0405's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 996

wizards are a problem, they will meet cleveland in the confrence finals ...atl is a joke

iceman02
    iceman02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2965

Quote Originally Posted by JoJo5473 View Post
    Washington is not even close to winning the east. They are 20-8 at home and only 13-13 on the road, they have an average scoring margin of 7.6 at home (they win by an average of 7.6 points at home) and -3.3 on the road (they lose by an average of 3.3 points on the road), they are a great home team but just an avearge road team, not great, not good, but just average, like Milwaukee average. They will go as far as they have home court advantage, and the moment they don't have it, they are done.
    Wizards have a better road record in the playoffs then home last 2 years.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

it really just depends whose hot and healthy.

pros know the real money in playoffs is made in the early rounds

not speculating on series that can go either way.

JameisBrady
    JameisBrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1490

Quote Originally Posted by larryp0405 View Post
    wizards are a problem, they will meet cleveland in the confrence finals ...atl is a joke
    that's what im thinking. seto is either a bulls fan or an idiot to have the bulls beating the cavs.

olamide
    olamide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2571

I still don't know why some people think Bulls can come out of the East.
    This isn't Rose the MVP and this team isn't consistent enough. They aren't beating the Cavs and i doubt they beat the Wizard.
    Bulls shouldn't be in a championship discussion, their Offense game is mediocre and defense not like before. A healthy Cavs team can beat this bulls team 4-1.
    Lebron is just too good to lose to this kinda team imo and you have Irving. Bulls hope against Cavs is hardwork. No one on their team touches the talent of the Cavs trio.
    Noah has been average this year, Rose is just a normal PG now, Gasol ok, Butler is having fantastic year and playing for his contract.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by JameisBrady View Post
    that's what im thinking. seto is either a bulls fan or an idiot to have the bulls beating the cavs.
    I'm not a Bulls fan so I guess that means I'm an idiot. Glad that's sorted out

JameisBrady
    JameisBrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1490

cool bro. I'll be back to bump this thread when the Bulls don't win the East (again) and you look like another sucker bet chaser.

celtics3388
    Update your status
    celtics3388's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2814

How does the Love injury impact people's thoughts in here, if at all? I have been slowly building a Cavs-to-win-the-East futures position since mid-season, and I think that still holds up. I think the Cavs still have enough to get out of the East with the remaining role guys (never thought I'd be considering Love a role guy but here we are) surrounding their 1 and 1a. I think Love's loss will be felt in the finals. If a matchup with GSW was close with Love healthy, GSW has to be considered a medium sized favorite in that matchup with Love out.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by celtics3388 View Post
    How does the Love injury impact people's thoughts in here, if at all? I have been slowly building a Cavs-to-win-the-East futures position since mid-season, and I think that still holds up. I think the Cavs still have enough to get out of the East with the remaining role guys (never thought I'd be considering Love a role guy but here we are) surrounding their 1 and 1a. I think Love's loss will be felt in the finals. If a matchup with GSW was close with Love healthy, GSW has to be considered a medium sized favorite in that matchup with Love out.
    I'm not a Kevin Love fan at all but it hurts their depth and rotations imo. Tristan Thompson should be an off the bench energy guy, not a starter. Obviously hurts their floor spacing too.

garygroundwork
    garygroundwork's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12445

Quote Originally Posted by celtics3388 View Post
    u must be pissed..Cavs were a shoe in at full strength. Love injury evens it right up.