Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

does anybody still think Lebron James gives 110% effort every game?

Watching Lebron yesterday it was clear to me he was disinterested and just going thru the motions. Chalking up quick 3's from almost mid court and then laughing and joking with Miami Heat players when his team is getting its doors blown off.

I get that its christmas and he friends with the Heat players but he is supposed to be a professional athlete. He played w/ no heart and no desire to win yesterday.

JJ Gold if you watched this lack luster gutless performance do you still think NBA try hard every game?

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Had the under yesterday so glad Clev mailed it in late.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He did not seem to care

He has never been a killer

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Had the under yesterday so glad Clev mailed it in late.
    had Cavs second half thinking okay maybe Cavs are just trying to conserve energy in the 1st half and they will turn it on late and atleast make it a close game...

i didnt think there was anyway the Cavs wanted to be embarrased on national tv on Christmas day but i guess if u make the kinda money those guys make then losing aint so bad

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

the guy tried in 2 games his whole career. that game 6 in boston and that game against the pistons years gao

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Why stop at 110%? He should be giving 110,000,000,000,000%.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

No. None of the top guys do. NBA season is long, they need to be rested for when it matters.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Watching Lebron yesterday it was clear to me he was disinterested and just going thru the motions. Chalking up quick 3's from almost mid court and then laughing and joking with Miami Heat players when his team is getting its doors blown off.

I get that its christmas and he friends with the Heat players but he is supposed to be a professional athlete. He played w/ no heart and no desire to win yesterday.

JJ Gold if you watched this lack luster gutless performance do you still think NBA try hard every game?
    Anyone who has ever played full court basketball for 48 minutes should understand that as far as the NBA is concerned...nobody aside from Iverson in his heyday.... plays 100 percent every night. That doesn't make them lazy, it makes them human. They have to take nights off...coast every once in a while...pace themselves...sucks for the bettors but its the way it is...and its what makes the NBA very difficult to bet on....with that being said...it was ALL to be expected.

As far as Vegas goes, Cleveland was not supposed to win yesterday..When Miami lost that trap game to Philly..the writing was on the wall....do remember that this was the same Lebron James who accidentally set a pick on Dellavedova during the game against Miami in Brazil, allowing Cole to come off the screen...LOL......James is not mentally sound when he plays Miami...and it is going to take some time for him to get used to it...When he returned to Cleveland a few years ago he was angry and wanted to prove a point...but this time around its different...He is friends with almost everyone on that team aside from Bosh...James wanted no part of winning that game LOL...

Riley wanted that game more than anyone else in that building..So did Wade..and its better for the league and Lebron if Miami wins...When Miami returns to Cleveland in February...Lebron will return the favor and blow them out....
    Last edited by Menses; 12-27-14 at 10:16 AM.
    Points Awarded:

upscope gave Menses 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13170

Kind of a silly question. When does LBJ EVER give 110%??? Maybe a few playoff games here and there, BUT everybody knows he doesn't give a shit.

GIVEMETHEMONEY
    GIVEMETHEMONEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4903

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    Kind of a silly question. When does LBJ EVER give 110%??? Maybe a few playoff games here and there, BUT everybody knows he doesn't give a shit.
    Le suck I don' t know my real social welfare daddy, doesn't give shit about anything except himself and his point totals.
    He is Kobe Bryant's baby brother.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13170

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    Anyone who has ever played full court basketball for 48 minutes should understand that as far as the NBA is concerned...nobody aside from Iverson in his heyday.... plays 100 percent every night. That doesn't make them lazy, it makes them human. They have to take nights off...coast every once in a while...pace themselves...sucks for the bettors but its the way it is...and its what makes the NBA very difficult to bet on....with that being said...it was ALL to be expected.

As car as Vegas goes, Cleveland was not supposed to win yesterday..When Miami lost that trap game to Philly..the writing was on the wall....do remember that this was the same Lebron James who accidentally set a pick on Dellavedova during the game against Miami in Brazil, allowing Cole to come off the screen...LOL......James is not mentally sound when he plays Miami...and it is going to take some time for him to get used to it...When he returned to Cleveland a few years ago he was angry and wanted to prove a point...but this time around its different...He is friends with almost everyone on that team aside from Bosh...James wanted no part of winning that game LOL...

Riley wanted that game more than anyone else in that building..So did Wade..and its better for the league and Lebron if Miami wins...When Miami returns to Cleveland in February...Lebron will return the favor and blow them out....
    I don't recall Larry Bird playing half ass????

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by GIVEMETHEMONEY View Post
    Le suck I don' t know my real social welfare daddy, doesn't give shit about anything except himself and his point totals.
    Why do you have to keep saying that man?

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post

As car as Vegas goes, Cleveland was not supposed to win yesterday..When Miami lost that trap game to Philly..the writing was on the wall....do remember that this was the same Lebron James who accidentally set a pick on Dellavedova during the game against Miami in Brazil, allowing Cole to come off the screen...LOL......James is not mentally sound when he plays Miami...and it is going to take some time for him to get used to it...When he returned to Cleveland a few years ago he was angry and wanted to prove a point...but this time around its different...He is friends with almost everyone on that team aside from Bosh...James wanted no part of winning that game LOL...

agree with everything especially the last part.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    No. None of the top guys do. NBA season is long, they need to be rested for when it matters.
    someone needs to tell that to Westbrook then... the guy is ballin like every game is his last... nobody playing harder

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Good point. He might be the only one. At least the only one playing 40+ minutes a night. Westbrook won the genetic lottery. He would've made a helluva safety. Or center fielder. Just one of those guys that no matter what sport he chose to play, he would've likely been great.

DigBick86
    Update your status
    DigBick86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6432

who ever thinks that should get cheked

cane
    cane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3110

Quote Originally Posted by GIVEMETHEMONEY View Post
    You're a fvcking moron

cane

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    someone needs to tell that to Westbrook then... the guy is ballin like every game is his last... nobody playing harder
    If RW keeps playing like he has, he probably wins the MVP, especially keeping the Thunder afloat while Durant has missed so many games

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    Westbrook is the man

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    this is spot on... LeBron used to be the guy who sold out in December, when he was with Cleveland the first time. He was dead in the playoffs. No one has the capability to be at the peak of their game, giving 110% every night... That 110% quickly turns into 90% and 80%... you may be giving 110% but its only translating into 80% efficiency whne you are dead and beat. Law of diminished returns...

Only guy who came close to be able to give 110% every single game and being at the top every game was Jordan, that's why he is the best ever...

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    this is spot on... LeBron used to be the guy who sold out in December, when he was with Cleveland the first time. He was dead in the playoffs. No one has the capability to be at the peak of their game, giving 110% every night... That 110% quickly turns into 90% and 80%... you may be giving 110% but its only translating into 80% efficiency whne you are dead and beat. Law of diminished returns...

Only guy who came close to be able to give 110% every single game and being at the top every game was Jordan, that's why he is the best ever...
    Russell Westbrook goes hard every night.

Charles Barkely used to go HAM every night.

Same thing with Yao Ming.

STAX

Russell Westbrook goes hard every night.

Charles Barkely used to go HAM every night.

Same thing with Yao Ming.
    RW goes hard, but he is young, LeBron went hard at Westbrooks age... similar playoff success too at respective points in each player's career. Prolly the reason Westbrook is always injured too.

cane

You could throw Larry Bird in there as well, no one played the game harder than he did, he lost several years off his career because of the abuse he put his body through, he played the last couple of years with a back so bad he could hardly walk straight at times

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by cane View Post
    You could throw Larry Bird in there as well, no one played the game harder than he did, he lost several years off his career because of the abuse he put his body through, he played the last couple of years with a back so bad he could hardly walk straight at times
    Yeah agreed 100%, he and Jordan the prime examples to me. Bird the guy who played the hardest all the time, Jordan was the most competative all the time... both guys gave 110% most often imo, didnt matter if it was game 7 or a scrimmage...

labones00
    Bo knows your sister
    labones00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3717

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He did not seem to care

He has never been a killer
    Exactly, that's why he will never be as good as MJ or Kobe (as much as it pains me to say that)

Lebron doesn't want it enough, he's more interested in dumb shenanigans such as the "decision"

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by labones00 View Post
    Exactly, that's why he will never be as good as MJ or Kobe (as much as it pains me to say that)

Lebron doesn't want it enough, he's more interested in dumb shenanigans such as the "decision"
    false, that was lebron 5 years ago. hes different now. hes already ahead of kobe on the alltime best list... has a shot at MJ but prolly finish somewhere between 2 and 4 on the alltime list

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

His 110% at 30 (his b day is right around the next few days im pretty sure) is Muuuuch dif than his "He cant win big game will never win a ring" 110% at 27 with two other all stars. He physically cannot do what he used to it is plain and simple.

labones00
    Bo knows your sister
    labones00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3717

false, that was lebron 5 years ago. hes different now. hes already ahead of kobe on the alltime best list... has a shot at MJ but prolly finish somewhere between 2 and 4 on the alltime list
    The all time best list is a joke if that's the case. I can't stand Kobe but he has shown me a lot more than Lebron, at least at this point in his career

STAX

The all time best list is a joke if that's the case. I can't stand Kobe but he has shown me a lot more than Lebron, at least at this point in his career
    I actually like Kobe, I think he is borderline top 10 player of all time, which is generous, but LeBron is better.

cane

You've gotta be joking right? Lebron is a so much better all around player it's not even close. Kobe is a great player, but Lebron is the much better passer, rebounder, and defender and there not even comparable in those three areas. I don't know if Lebron will ever be considered better than MJ, but he's better than Kobe

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

in the title you have "still"

welcome to 2009