Frrrrrrunkis!
    TankHankerous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

Steph Curry is more of a Spreewell

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

He hasn't even made the conference finals yet and he will be 27 when the playoffs start. Jordan started late too but he better get a move on.

His health issues haven't made him miss a lot of games outside of 1 season but they're still scary and I don't know how anyone can be so sure of his longevity.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

Good to great small guards lose it quicker then any other position.

AI, Isiah Thomas, Steve Francis, John Lucas, Deron Williams..............

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 350

Just wondering where Curry stands now with guys

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nothing like mj but he's great at what he does watching him at Davidson I didn't think he could become the amazing offensive talent that he is today.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge187 View Post
    Good to great small guards lose it quicker then any other position.

AI, Isiah Thomas, Steve Francis, John Lucas, Deron Williams..............

None of them could shoot a lick compared to Curry

Zero comparison

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Just wondering where Curry stands now with guys
    Curry playing at his current level is the best 6'3 and under player of all time. He is literally the best player he can possibly be. To dominate like he does with only average athleticism is amazing to watch.

That said, I'd still take Kobe, MJ, and Lebron in their primes over Curry.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Mj

Lebron

Larry Bird

Magic

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Let's see how they do in the playoffs this year. Hopefully they will actually play healthy teams.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

lets stop it with mj comparisons

but there could be a point made where hes a generational player
    u see magic to jordan to kobe to lebron and now i guess u might have curry next in line
    this dude is just ridiculous ...................

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

There is only one Michael Jordan.

With that said, Curry is a hall of famer and the best shooter I've ever seen. He also has the perfect team around him.

The Warriors are good. I'm talking all-time good.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Good call son Curry better than Jordan on offense for sure.

mikewlgm
    mikewlgm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

Its amazing how NBA people worship MJ.....amazing player maybe the best of all time...but honestly the NBAs obsession with him has held the league back for years. There is more talk of who is the next MJ then attn paid to the good players in the league now.....been that way since freaking Vince Carter came into the league.

The NFL doesn't have that problem. Luck, Newton etc can be great QBs without the obsession of comparing them to Montana or Elway etc

Average NBA fan conversation

Fan 1 "Wow LeBron is a great player"

Fan 2 "He's not f**king Jordan never will be.....he's a bitch....Jordan was the GOAT"

Fan 1 "How bout that Steph Curry"

Fan 2 "Hes not Jordan! Jordan won 6 rings all by himself! F**k Curry he's a bitch"

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by mikewlgm View Post

Fan 2 "He's not f**king Jordan never will be.....he's a bitch....Jordan was the GOAT"

Fan 2 "Hes not Jordan! Jordan won 6 rings all by himself! F**k Curry he's a bitch"

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Obviously a great shooter and has some highlights but the kid is unreal if you know the game well.....Just has that sixth sense to set up defenders and plays the angles better than anyone I've ever seen

Court vision and IQ unbelievable

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I wonder if this team has a shot to win 70 games?

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Its amazing how NBA people worship MJ.....amazing player maybe the best of all time...but honestly the NBAs obsession with him has held the league back for years. There is more talk of who is the next MJ then attn paid to the good players in the league now.....been that way since freaking Vince Carter came into the league.

The NFL doesn't have that problem. Luck, Newton etc can be great QBs without the obsession of comparing them to Montana or Elway etc

It has held the NBA back? lol,lol,ohhhhhhhhh,lol.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Curry will go down as one of the greats for sure if he stays healthy

I think no one was more impressive than what Bryant did in his prime after Shaq left and he carried the worst lakers teams in history (much worse than they are today) to a 7th and 8th seed!!!! Bryant, Smush Parker (Bryant claimed they signed Parker even though he couldn't play in the NBA because his asking price was cheap and they were trying to rebuild), Odom, Luke Walton (awful), Chris Mihm (awful), Kwame Brown?????

Due to the immense lack of talent, Bryant frequently saw double and triple teams every game and still managed to score 35 every night. People say he took a lot of shots, but trust me, if Curry got double teamed literally every single night, he would not even be able to get off 20 shots, let alone score 30.

With Jordan, we're talking about guys that were much worse defenders as well. Jordan was far ahead of his time in a sense in terms of athleticism, endurance, ball handling. He is more of your modern day player. Would he dominate in today's league? Of course. But there would be A LOT more defenders that'd be able to make it hard for him.

Joe Dumars was the best 1 on 1 defender on Jordan during his years. That's pretty sad. Dumars was a good defender but not elite like a Kawai Leonard Tony Allen Bryant in his prime, Artest in his prime, Wade in prime, Bron, what Wiggins will become defensively. Like a guy like Jimmy Butler would do a way better job on Jordan than Joe Dumars.

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

are you really saying that during Jordan's era guys played worse defense and that he would have a tougher time with today's defense? are you insane? do you remember what he went through?

anything else you say forever lacks credibility, shut the fuk up

I dont even post on here anymore, but after seeing that I couldnt NOT respond
    Last edited by Spedizzo; 11-21-15 at 07:05 AM.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

Bad Boys one of the best defenses ever. Jordan played them I do believe.

Lock Smith NBA
    Lock Smith NBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1341

Laughing

hustlehard617
    hustlehard617's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10698

Jordan would average 50 in this new NBA you can't really even play D anymore star players live at the free throw line

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    are you really saying that during Jordan's era guys played worse defense and that he would have a tougher time with today's defense? are you insane? do you remember what he went through?

anything else you say forever lacks credibility, shut the fuk up

I dont even post on here anymore, but after seeing that I couldnt NOT respond
    I've watched every era of basketball from the 60s on. There's a difference between individual defense and team defense. Jordan had to go through the Bad Boys and Celtics which was very rough. FROM A TEAM PERSPECTIVE. The individual matchups he had were a joke. You're gonna compare Joe Dumars (who was considered a premier wing defender in the league) to Kawai Leonard? Silence fool. I grew up a pistons fan and I know Dumars' game like the back of my hand. He would get shredded by any elite wing player today.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by hustlehard617 View Post
    Jordan would average 50 in this new NBA you can't really even play D anymore star players live at the free throw line
    I already said Jordan would dominate in today's game still. That has nothing to do with my point. The wing defenders today are way better than they were in the 80s and 90s and it's not close. Team defense is a completely different discussion and the team defenses of the 80s and 90s were way better? Why? Because you could get away with a lot. Tell Robert Parish or Bill Lambier to play in today's league and see what they would do. They'd have to adapt, or they'd be fouled out in the first half. Right or wrong?

Goat Milk

Even Westbrook would absolutely destroy Joe Dumars. Dumars can't play d for shit without hand checking.

Can't even imagine what a D Wade in his prime would do to Joe Dumars on both ends of the floor.

FreeFall
    FreeFall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2391

he's already better

mikewlgm

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    It has held the NBA back? lol,lol,ohhhhhhhhh,lol.

Yea take a look at the viewing numbers in the last 10 years....Nba is way behind the NFL,College football. Last years finals were the highest viewed finals since 1998....what does that tell you?

1998 NBA drew a 18.9 rating

2014 13.9 rating and that was the highest rating they had since Jordan retired.......

So yea the leagues popularity has dropped significantly

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Yea take a look at the viewing numbers in the last 10 years....Nba is way behind the NFL,College football. Last years finals were the highest viewed finals since 1998....what does that tell you?

1998 NBA drew a 18.9 rating

2014 13.9 rating and that was the highest rating they had since Jordan retired.......

So yea the leagues popularity has dropped significantly
    Ratings for most things have gone down due to many more choices.

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Even Westbrook would absolutely destroy Joe Dumars. Dumars can't play d for shit without hand checking.

Can't even imagine what a D Wade in his prime would do to Joe Dumars on both ends of the floor.
    West brook would not. Hand checking was part of the defense. Today, teams live at the free throw line. It's up to the refs and big markets to essentially determine who wins the big games in close ones

Dwayne Wade in his prime? Is that Dwayne Wade when he had Shaq or Dwayne Wade when he had Lebron and Bosh? Guy is only 33 now and doesn't play on days he has headaches (or like the last 2-3 years) because the NBA is a diva league

hustlehard617
    hustlehard617's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10698

What I'm saying is back than you were the best allowed to play D you could hand check hard foul so it was much easier to play D now you get to close to an offensive player it's a foul. Defenders may be more athletic but they are so much lazier.

mikewlgm

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    Ratings for most things have gone down due to many more choices.
    Not the NFL and College football.

relax_urself
    relax_urself's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2445

MJ is MJ, Curry is Curry. Cannot compare no one better than the other - no matter what numbers they produced or how many rings or achievements they have attained. Two different eras, two different positions, two different teams, two different mentalities etc. Curry is a great penetrating player. He may be the best and most entertaining player to watch as of late. What the kid can do is incredible - but he is not MJ. Just as MJ was no Curry with his shooting.
    Lets just respect them for what they have done or are doing. MJ is MJ and Curry is Curry.

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Obviously a great shooter and has some highlights but the kid is unreal if you know the game well.....Just has that sixth sense to set up defenders and plays the angles better than anyone I've ever seen

Court vision and IQ unbelievable
    This. Best court vision I've seen since Magic. Another level above John Wall, Rondo, Rubio...

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by TiredPro View Post
    But he doesn't gamble.........

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 350

Quote Originally Posted by TankHankerous View Post
    Steph Curry is more of a Spreewell
    Looking back at this thread. Curry has gotten so good in such a shot period of time.

First 123 Last