jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Traveling?

Well is it? If you answered yes then you dont know sh!t about basketball.

JAnthony
    JAnthony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Clearly not a travel. He didn't even pack his suitcase.

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

Well, what are the rules for traveling in nba? To me, as I broke down the video, he took at most 4 steps and maybe just 3...in nba that is quite acceptable...would likely have been called in college though, especially since it "appeared" he took about 5 steps after he picked up the dribble.

syn^
    syn^'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

You are allowed 1 step to gather and 2 steps to finish. If you pause the video at :15 you can see him gather the ball and make his first step on his right foot. He then proceeds to take 3 steps after... that would be a travel but it happened so fast I don't blame the refs for not calling it on the fly. Even in slow-mo it's hard to tell

RollinDo

Quote Originally Posted by syn^ View Post
    You are allowed 1 step to gather and 2 steps to finish. If you pause the video at :15 you can see him gather the ball and make his first step on his right foot. He then proceeds to take 3 steps after... that would be a travel but it happened so fast I don't blame the refs for not calling it on the fly. Even in slow-mo it's hard to tell
    So it wasn't that bad after all...I can't find the video, but I remember like 10 years ago somebody took like 7 steps on a break-away dunk...it was the worst I had seen.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13074

There is no travelling in the NBA, or palming, or double dribble. But, if you hand the ball to a ref after the other team scores you get called for a foul. LOL.

RollinDo

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    There is no travelling in the NBA, or palming, or double dribble. But, if you hand the ball to a ref after the other team scores you get called for a foul. LOL.
    Funny stuff...don't they upgrade that to a flagrant foul if they toss it instead of hand it off?

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Was just joking, Brewer traveled to the moon and back, no call because at home and down 20, Id suspect this would be called if Durant or Westbrook did this at that time.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13074

Quote Originally Posted by RollinDo View Post
    Funny stuff...don't they upgrade that to a flagrant foul if they toss it instead of hand it off?
    I saw C. Anthony get called for it last year. They scored a hoop, he was standing under the basket, gently picked up the ball and literally handed to the ref who was behind the basket and got called for a foul. Some relatively new, or now enforced foul. WTF, that is silly. He didn't even know what was going on. Me either. LOL.