Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Is tomorrow an exception to the "coach fired" angle?

Over the last 2 or 3 years in the NBA the angle of playing a team after their coach got canned has never failed me. Off hand I remember:

Lakers over Warriors in 2012/13 after they fired Brown. (won by 24 as probably 7-8 point faves or so)
    Bucks over Suns in 2012/13 after they fired Skiles. (won by 9 as 5.5 point faves or so)
    Suns over Kings in 2012/13 after they fired Gentry. (won by 10 as 3 point dogs or so)
    Pistons over Spurs in 2013/14 after they fired Cheeks. (won by 9 as 5 point dogs after leading by more than 20 in the 2nd half)

I also believe the Knicks beat the Blazers by like 40 in 2011/12 after firing d'Antoni, but I'm not sure if I bet that one. So of the 5 I can remember, it's 5-0 ATS and 5-0 SU. Also mostly blowout wins that beat the spread by at least 10 points if not a lot more. The only one that was close was the Milwaukee one.

I don't know the last time this angle didn't work. I might be missing a recent one for all I know. But usually it works and it's not even a sweat.

But with all that said, can we really trust the Kings to cover here? They'll probably be 9 point dogs or so. They've looked like dogshit without Cousins and the Thunder are seriously rolling and are probably the 2nd most "public-friendly" team in terms of covering big spreads over the last few years after the Spurs. Not sure how to factor in that the game is on ESPN.

A-wess
    A-wess's Avatar Become A Pro!

Interesting. You forgot Avery Johnson with the brooklyn nets. If i remember correctly they won the game when PJ Carlesimo took over.

Seto

Does seem like I did. I have no particular memory of that game so I must not have bet on it.

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?id=400278147

Gotta imagine spread was under 16 points so that makes the angle 6-0 SU and 6-0 ATS over the last 6, unless someone can remember another one.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

That's an angle? Huh. Did not know that.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

I've always played this angle in the past. I just remember when the Knicks fired D'Antoni and the next game blew out their opponent.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I like the Kings here. A lot.

Just hoping the hook comes back.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13170

Jerry Maguire " Show Me The Money" LOL. BOL No coin, I am on OKC.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Thunder win easily.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    That's an angle? Huh. Did not know that.
    One of the best angles in most sports in my experience, and NBA is probably the one where it works the best at least lately.

However I feel really uneasy about this game. Just have a blowout feeling. There's really no reason for it to be close.

DUBnation
    DUBnation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6413

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    However I feel really uneasy about this game. Just have a blowout feeling. There's really no reason for it to be close.
    Agreed. I've watched most of their games this season and just don't see how they can contain Westbrook/Durant. I really want to back the coach firing angle as I'd imagine all their roll players will step up, but I'm gonna be staying away from this one.

I do like the over though

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I think it's likely OKC doesn't cover tonight and beats the Warriors Thursday.

With that said, there is no way I'm putting money on Rudy 3 for 18 Gay and the Queens.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

Heres another angle, take it for what its worth. Kings will be retiring Peja Stojakovic's jersey at halftime.

Fans and players should have plenty to play for tonight (new coach, peja jersey retirement, and national tv).

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13389

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Heres another angle, take it for what its worth. Kings will be retiring Peja Stojakovic's jersey at halftime.

Fans and players should have plenty to play for tonight (new coach, peja jersey retirement, and national tv).
    Thats a lot of angles and the Thunder are just climbing the west... enough for me to stay away

Seto

You just can't fade the thunder and spurs against bad teams when they're streaking. Happy I laid off here. Probably the first time in a few years this hasn't worked, just shows no matter how much an angle works you can't be robotic either.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

The Kings just can't get good lucks on a consistent basis in the halfcourt without Cousins. It's a damn shame that he got sick.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13389

Westbrook for MVP

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    The Kings just can't get good lucks on a consistent basis in the halfcourt without Cousins. It's a damn shame that he got sick.
    I hope they won't give up seeing they now can't make the playoffs anymore basically unless someone has a major injury and try and at least finish above .500. They should be able to do that with cousins back soon.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    Westbrook for MVP
    Dude is just tearing it up. His haters are all in hiding