Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14425

Bronto-Sorry-Ass Report from Toronto

Okay, I'm here in Toronto today and yeah, Ford may or may not play with a flu it's true, but I'm not so sure it really matters because I was talking to my buddy who works at the Museum (the place where they keep all the dinosaurs).

He lives next door to the Air Canada Centre (centre is spelled re in Canada like the British spell it) and he says we're gonna see a different team tonight and Sammy's gonna shuffle everything up and on the radio Bosh is saying healthy stuff about staying nimble and confident.

His word's good enough for me so it adds up to yet another potential bonehead play for me on the Raptors. But I'm not a prehistoric bonehead, I'm a modern bonehead so I'm going to be teasing the paleolithic pointspread as much as I can just so I don't end up bronto-sorry-assed.

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

best of luck CB, but after seeing 3 convincing wins for the nets, and a close one for toronto's only win...can't pull the trigger to lay the points w/ toronto tonight

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14425

The City of Toronto didn't celebrate the Raptors win last night on the streets much. Maybe a little in and around the Air Canada Centre, but that's about it.

I was at a friend's music gig instead of watching the game. The bar didn't have a television. When I hit the streets after the show there was no buzz at all. No way to tell whether or not the Raptors had won or lost.

I found out later on-line that they'd won. Series is at 3-2, but I am no longer sold on the idea that Raptors can take won of the games in NJ to hold serve again in a game 7.

My guess is there's not many who feel Toronto will win in NJ in game six, so I'm wondering if there might be any value in playing the Raptors in that matchup to cover with as many points as one can get.

tevari

watched the game at a bar here in northern nj, entertaining....raptors took a 20 point lead in the first quarter, nets chipped away, got within 2 and then got in foul trouble midway through the 4th. nachbar 0-8 from 3 including the potential game winner and also had 2 loose ball fouls that put the raptors on the line witha bout 3 minutes left.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

Quote Originally Posted by tevari View Post
    watched the game at a bar here in northern nj, entertaining....raptors took a 20 point lead in the first quarter, nets chipped away, got within 2 and then got in foul trouble midway through the 4th. nachbar 0-8 from 3 including the potential game winner and also had 2 loose ball fouls that put the raptors on the line witha bout 3 minutes left.
    what bar man?

i'm in north jersey

tevari

dont go there often but i was at farside in hoboken last night, what county are you in?

Hulu
    Hulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard View Post
    The City of Toronto didn't celebrate the Raptors win last night on the streets much. Maybe a little in and around the Air Canada Centre, but that's about it.
    That's because for most people in Canada, basketball doesn't even register on the radar screen. Its hockey, hockey, hockey. And Toronto is a horrible sports town, quite possibly the worst in N America. Other than the Leafs who are sold out every night thanks to massive corporate support, Torontonians only show up for basketball, baseball and football when their team is at the doorstep of a championship. Otherwise, there just isn't much interest.