Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kobe vs. JORDAN... (lol)

MICHAEL JORDAN 15 Seasons

Rookie of the Year
    5 League MVPs (Regular Season)
    6 Finals MVPs

30.1 Pts 5.3 Assists 6.2 Rebounds (GAME)

Kobe Briant 19 Seasons

1 League MVP (Regular Season)
    2 Finals MVPs
    MOST Missed FG Attempts All-Time (NBA)

25.4 Pts 5.0 Assists 5.0 Rebounds (GAME)

Attached Images  

Ballin24
    Ballin24's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 864

LOL at 59% fg

Are you high the man shot 51%

Catch77
    Catch77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1804

wow this really puts MJs greatness in perspective.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Figured he would be coming out of hiding tonight

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

LOL....Agreed Ratzz, I think it has something to do with the era in which one grows up watching basketball. There are a lot of fans who started watching the game after Jordan retired and thus feel Kobe is the better of the two out of sheer ignorance...The media generally does the rest. Its like if I asked you who was the better Bond...? Were you born before 1970 or after? LOL

The media has been blowing smoke up Kobe's ass for the last 15 years and only recently have decided to tell the public the truth regarding one of the more overrated athletes in sports history. This is because it was the media who along with Stern and the NBA wanted and needed desperately for Kobe to replace Jordan...once Jordan was gone...they superimposed his image on top of Jordan's body...unfortunately it comes out looking like bad CGI...LOL...

Do folks realize Jordan retired twice?

Do they realize Jordan went to college for 3 years?

Do they realize there is a reason why Kobe has only won ONE MVP?

Why are Kobe fans content to watch Kobe move past another players career numbers when that player is not even number 1? I have never seen a group of people who are fans of a player be content to be number 3...LOL.....Jordan is Coke....Kobe is Diet Pepsi....the two really shouldn't be confused for one another.....LOL

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less
    HardCore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

I'm 25 and the best players i've ever seen are kobe/lbj and i love mj but lets be real he wouldn't have gotten 6 rings in the 00s. Kobes 5 are more impressive than his 6. No spurs/mavs/bos/det just think about how much better the 00s were than the 90s.

Kobe
    duncan
    shaq
    iverson
    lbj
    melo
    WADE
    garnett
    nash
    mcgrady
    howard
    kidd
    pierce
    dirk

Thats not even including the great teams like det/nyj/phx who will be overlooked as time goes bye.

Khum
    Khum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 509

Quote Originally Posted by HardCore View Post
    No spurs/mavs/bos/det just think about how much better the 00s were than the 90s.
    And how would you know that?
    Just because you know more good players from this era than from that one? That's just because you didn't see those from MJ's period.

I'd love to see in the now a point guard as good as John Stockton was ...

Khum
    Khum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 509

But, more simple than anything, find some MJ's games on video and compare to what you know from Kobe's games.
    It wold be more than enough

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Yeah plenty of great 90's teams Utah, Seattle, Knicks, Indy, Houston , Phoenix to name a handful. And MJ had to takedown Detroit's bad boys team, and Magics Lakers to win his 1st no small feat!

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

And Hardcore I will put Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, Hakeem, Ewing, Barkley, Stockton, Malone,The Glove, R Miller, Robinson, Kemp, Drexler, Majerle just going off top of my head any day vs the list you made.

scholesy
    [Too Long]
    scholesy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1685

Not close, took Kobe 5000+ more minutes to score as many points as His Airness.
    Stop the comparisons, there's only one Jordan, safe to say we will not see another player like Jordan ever again.

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by HardCore View Post
    I'm 25 and the best players i've ever seen are kobe/lbj and i love mj but lets be real he wouldn't have gotten 6 rings in the 00s. Kobes 5 are more impressive than his 6. No spurs/mavs/bos/det just think about how much better the 00s were than the 90s.

Kobe
    duncan
    shaq
    iverson
    lbj
    melo
    WADE
    garnett
    nash
    mcgrady
    howard
    kidd
    pierce
    dirk

Thats not even including the great teams like det/nyj/phx who will be overlooked as time goes bye.
    The Lakers won 3 consecutive championships against Pacers, Sixers and the Nets by a combined series score of...12 games to 3 including a series sweep against the Nets and a near Sweep against the Sixers.... LOL...What was so impressive about that accomplishment? When their competition was so obviously mediocre compared to them?

Kobe Beat the Orlando Magic in the 2009 nba finals, a team who was nearly swept while shooting one of the most abysmal field goal percentages in NBA Finals history ....You are insinuating then that Orlando Magic were a far better match up for Kobe and the Lakers than the Jazz and Phoenix were for the 93 and 97/98 bulls? LOL

You are insinuating then that the 2001 Iverson led Philly Sixers were a more difficult match up for the Lakers than the 96 Seattle Supersonics were for the Bulls? LOL ..This is madness.....I respectfully ask that you please refrain from making such asinine statements about the NBA now and in the future. It is simply not warranted or welcomed on this forum.
    Last edited by Menses; 12-15-14 at 05:59 PM.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Kobe is an all time great but anyone that thinks Kobe or Lebron compare to Jordan is probably young and never saw MJ play.

MJ would never lose in the finals. He wouldn't let it happen. He was that great.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

MJ may need to come out of retirement and show the Hornets how to play some ball

Menses

chipshipley
    chipshipley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1028

there is no discussion mj is the best ever it makes me cringe when someone thinks otherwise

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24927

Quote Originally Posted by Ballin24 View Post
    LOL at 59% fg

Are you high the man shot 51%
    This.

There is an enormous difference between shooting 51% and shooting 59% for the year.

If you're gonna build a case for one versus the other, I think you owe to the integrity of the discussion to relate facts, not fiction.