DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

My ESPN score center ap is showing NCAA bball game VCU -5 @ Old Dominion tomorrow. Neither Bovada nor my local will show NCAA lines until day of or close to midnight.

Is this line correct? I'm not aware of any injuries on the rams.

If so, I gotta say it's a slam dunk. 4-5unit play. This should no doubt be a double digit spread. I would cap this at minimum VCU-12. Yes it's their first true road game, but ODU looks as unimpressive this year as they do every year. traveon graham lit up ODU the last two years and won't stop now. VCU got slapped in the mouth earlier this week and will likely respond strongly on defense and turnovers.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

rivalry game Dommer also playing @ Monarchs is like a high school gym atmosphere packed house SRO

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Yeah that's fine.. VCU has owned them recently and that atmosphere is nothing new. They are a top 15 team and old dominion just isn't a good program. I can see VCU winning by some kind of margin 15-25 to be honest.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

gee Dom you didn't have to yell like that kinda hurt my feelings a little

VCU is the play obviously were just waiting for verification

Dom you are fairly new here buut some users on this site have multiple accounts maybe like 1 or 2 extra

to consistently maintain any more than that you would have to be either psychotic

or like rain man deleted scenes the posting yeras

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

a little school like odu beating lsu and richmond is considered "unimpressive"

on vcu as well, but its not because odu has been "unimpressive" ... dont bet with your gut, dom

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

You are right, so let me put my gut feelings aside...

VCU forces more turnovers, including 5 more steals per game than ODU.

VCU has 23 more offensive rebounds than ODU in the same amount of games. With that said, there is no major height advantage either way, so I'll give rebounding advantage to VCU.

I would say VCU has played better comp & neutral games (Tennessee, Villanova, Oregon) than ODU (Richmond who VCU beat 3x last year, LSU). Old Dominion's only real test was @ Illinois State and they lost by 20, also a team VCU beat by 38 last season.

I think Graham has scored 36pts the last two games versus ODU, 21 & 13 pt victories.

I think the line should be around 12, I've watched & researched, just can't see any other play here.

So my play here is VCU-5.

BOL

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    a little school like odu beating lsu and richmond is considered "unimpressive"

on vcu as well, but its not because odu has been "unimpressive" ... dont bet with your gut, dom
    agreed. ODU is improved from last year and VCU isnt as good as last year. Rivalry game on the road for VCU, who knows. I like VCU initially, but understand the low line. If it was -12, I'd be all over ODU