PickoMoff
    No Risk No Reward!
    PickoMoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 919

POR +2 vs DEN?? Am I missing something? Help me out here

Why is Portland the underdog here? Are they that bad on the road or is Denver that good at home? Portland is the superior team IMO. Is someone out for POR? Did DEN get back a big piece? Some insight would be good! Thanks!

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13158

See aireent777 post.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

5th game in 7 days
    Portland 0-2 on the road
    Sea level to high altitude for the second half of a B2B after a tough game last night

I can see Portland starting well, but it's asking a lot for them to sustain a high energy level for the full game in this situation against a team that likes to run.
    Last edited by suicidekings; 11-12-14 at 12:01 PM.

Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Because they played yesterday dummy

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

5th gm in 7.nights more of a red flag for me to stay away from Port than b2b. That and they had to overcome a huge deficit last night and probably exerted a little more energy on both ends grinding that one out. Nugs seem pretty bad this year and not clicking with new coach. Don't think I will be afraid of backing teams in b2b going into Denver this season especially a younger squad like Port. The Sac Queens did it recently after what had to be a big emotional win for them over Dippers. With the sum of all factors tho 5th in 7 and last night's grinder I would stay away from Port tonight.

mtofell
    mtofell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4680

Portland is young, early in the season, DEN is terrible. I was just listening to NBA radio on XM and they were talking about Bryan Shaw probably getting fired soon. DEN is a dumpster fire.... totally under achieving. I'm on POR for sure. I came in to make pretty much this exact post. I think the line is the reverse of what it should be.

PickoMoff
    No Risk No Reward!

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    See aireent777 post.
    Just read it thanks.

PickoMoff
    No Risk No Reward!

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    5th game in 7 days
    Portland 0-2 on the road
    Sea level to high altitude for the second half of a B2B after a tough game last night

I can see Portland starting well, but it's asking a lot for them to sustain a high energy level for the full game in this situation against a team that likes to run.
    Will have to do some more research on this "High altitude" angle and see. Doesn't seem like much to me especially seeing how BAD Denver is this season. If the team were at least close I would have considered it more.

PickoMoff
    No Risk No Reward!

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    5th gm in 7.nights more of a red flag for me to stay away from Port than b2b. That and they had to overcome a huge deficit last night and probably exerted a little more energy on both ends grinding that one out. Nugs seem pretty bad this year and not clicking with new coach. Don't think I will be afraid of backing teams in b2b going into Denver this season especially a younger squad like Port. The Sac Queens did it recently after what had to be a big emotional win for them over Dippers. With the sum of all factors tho 5th in 7 and last night's grinder I would stay away from Port tonight.
    Fading Denver is the exact reason I love Portland. Denver is bottom 23-30 in the league IMO based on how they've been playing and Portland is top 10. So giving Portland +3 is something I can't pass up banking on an "b2b" and "high altitude" angle. And seeing that most of the money is coming in on Denver, I can say it ain't a "trap game".

BOL!
    Last edited by PickoMoff; 11-12-14 at 12:26 PM.

PickoMoff
    No Risk No Reward!

Quote Originally Posted by mtofell View Post
    Portland is young, early in the season, DEN is terrible. I was just listening to NBA radio on XM and they were talking about Bryan Shaw probably getting fired soon. DEN is a dumpster fire.... totally under achieving. I'm on POR for sure. I came in to make pretty much this exact post. I think the line is the reverse of what it should be.

This is the same way I feel buddy! I pounding Portland!

BOL!

PickoMoff
    No Risk No Reward!

Thank you for the input guys! Appreciate it!

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

the "high altitude" angle is something that has been around forever.... basically it says fade teams coming into Denver/Utah, having to play on the 2nd leg of a b2b. The lower they were the night before (in terms of altitude) the bigger the impact given their bodies don't have a chance to acclimatize to the adjustment in elevation whereas the home team (Nugs/Jazz) have been chilling in said conditions. The older the player the greater the supposed impact.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13158

Quote Originally Posted by PickoMoff View Post
    Just read it thanks.
    In case you weren't with us last year, air.... is about the best on here for NBA. Never saw him do MLB or NFL, but he knows his shit in the NBA, even though it is early. Don't have to tail, but just watch him as the season goes, nobody sharper than him. BOL.

blstrick5
    blstrick5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1096

I love Portland but Denver is the play here.

Covy
    Covy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1430

Portland in a pleaser tonight. If this team starts fast unlike last night, it's a long night for the Nuggets

spankmythighs
    spankmythighs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 154

Love the OVER here. Denver has 0 defense giving up 108 per game while still managing to score a 100 a gm.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PickoMoff View Post
    Will have to do some more research on this "High altitude" angle and see. Doesn't seem like much to me especially seeing how BAD Denver is this season. If the team were at least close I would have considered it more.
    You can look back over records from many seasons and you'll find that over-worked teams going to altitude on a B2B do not tend to play very well. Salt Lake city has a similar benefit of altitude as Denver. There's also countless research done on the effects of altitude training on athletes that's relevant here.

Doesn't mean Denver will win tonight, and being a recognized trend has led to adjustments made in the line for the effect. But like you say, it's a good reason to tread lightly on Portland moreso than to have faith in the Nuggets.

PickoMoff
    No Risk No Reward!

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadSniper View Post
    the "high altitude" angle is something that has been around forever.... basically it says fade teams coming into Denver/Utah, having to play on the 2nd leg of a b2b. The lower they were the night before (in terms of altitude) the bigger the impact given their bodies don't have a chance to acclimatize to the adjustment in elevation whereas the home team (Nugs/Jazz) have been chilling in said conditions. The older the player the greater the supposed impact.
    Noted.

PickoMoff
    No Risk No Reward!

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    In case you weren't with us last year, air.... is about the best on here for NBA. Never saw him do MLB or NFL, but he knows his shit in the NBA, even though it is early. Don't have to tail, but just watch him as the season goes, nobody sharper than him. BOL.
    Thanks, I will!

PickoMoff
    No Risk No Reward!

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    You can look back over records from many seasons and you'll find that over-worked teams going to altitude on a B2B do not tend to play very well. Salt Lake city has a similar benefit of altitude as Denver. There's also countless research done on the effects of altitude training on athletes that's relevant here.

Doesn't mean Denver will win tonight, and being a recognized trend has led to adjustments made in the line for the effect. But like you say, it's a good reason to tread lightly on Portland moreso than to have faith in the Nuggets.
    Noted! Thanks!

lore22
    lore22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

Hope you stuck to your guns!

PickoMoff
    No Risk No Reward!

Quote Originally Posted by lore22 View Post
    Hope you stuck to your guns!
    Yea, I did! Thanks!