1. #1
    Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-07-10
    Posts: 8,966

    the Spurs are washed up..

    i know that Duncan and Ginobili are out..
    but they are only out because they are old and washed up

    but the rest of the team is smoked as well. Going to the Finals
    twice in a row was the kicker. Pop had never in his history been to
    the Finals in consecutive years.

    Spurs are done. Rockets and Warriors this year in the West.
    memphis is good, but i don't think that they can stay with GSW or HOU

    it's only the 1st Half.. and anything can change.
    Spurs could very well come back, and win.. but they are still smoked.

    No way they get back to the West Conference Finals

    However, hats off to them anyhow, great tea, excellent run last year
    and year before.

    it is amazing that Houston is 5-0 and still able to hold a double-digit lead..
    i would imagine that they are dour for a terrible game... or Half

  2. #2
    BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-30-09
    Posts: 19,157
    Betpoints: 349

    Lol

    Houston won't get to the Confernce Finals.

    Warriors? Maybe, I like what they're doing.

  3. #3
    Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-20-11
    Posts: 3,476
    Betpoints: 13766

    What people fail to see is Spurs had a easy trip to the finals last year and I believe their previous appearance as well. Last year they managed to not play the Clippers (playoff experience) or the Warriors (playoff experience and almost lost to them the previous year) or the Rockets, and ended up playing a Blazers team (no playoff exp.) who only prepped for the first round opponent and a Thunder team with no Ibaka... Like yea the West is stacked but it depends on who you play. And it looks like this year they might get luck again as they don't have to worry about the Thunder chasing them for top seed yet they won't want to play them in the early rounds. And we will all be back here late in the season with a 50+ win spurs saying how did Pop do it, the Spurs are going to the Finals again etc..
    Last edited by Git Lo; 11-06-14 at 08:33 PM.

  4. #4
    upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-26-11
    Posts: 2,838
    Betpoints: 198

    Duncan washed UP??

    In three games so far this season he has two double/doubles & missed the 3rd double/double by 1 rebound. Just had a 6 block game as well....

    Please do everybody here a favor & go play in traffic with your boyfriend.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Pauulzcappin, Emancipator, and Robert Schroeder

  5. #5
    Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-07-10
    Posts: 8,966

    Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    Duncan washed UP??

    In three games so far this season he has two double/doubles & missed the 3rd double/double by 1 rebound. Just had a 6 block game as well....

    Please do everybody here a favor & go play in traffic with your boyfriend.
    if a player can't play 3 games in a row... then he's washed up.
    if he cannot consistently perform well,
    UNABLE to play well,, and UNABLE TO PLAY yields the same result,
    and means that he is washed up.

    Teams require continuity to excel.

    the Spurs may have changed.. but you have not.
    You have ever been a moron.. and you remain a moron.
    a moron you will ever be...

    of this all are certain

  6. #6
    upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-26-11
    Posts: 2,838
    Betpoints: 198

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    if a player can't play 3 games in a row... then he's washed up.
    if he cannot consistently perform well,
    UNABLE to play well,, and UNABLE TO PLAY yields the same result,
    and means that he is washed up.

    Teams require continuity to excel.

    the Spurs may have changed.. but you have not.
    You have ever been a moron.. and you remain a moron.
    a moron you will ever be...

    of this all are certain
    Do u have any idea how dumb this post is?? You're right, the Spurs lack "continuity"
    First of all not being able to play 3 games in a row does not define washed UP.
    Duncan is not out of the game because he can't play 3 games in a row. He's out of the game because for yrs Pop rotates resting his key players in the reg season in attempt to keep them as fresh as possible come post season. The Spurs play for the playoffs & championships they don't play for meaningless reg season games a week and a half in.

    Geeze, truly amazing how much time you waste here on a subject you know next to nothing about.
    Points Awarded:

    Robert Schroeder gave upscope 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  7. #7
    Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-07-10
    Posts: 8,966

    the Spurs will not return move beyond the 1st Round of the playoffs. They are washed up. Period.

  8. #8
    laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-21-06
    Posts: 4,553
    Betpoints: 178

    Same thing people said last year

  9. #9
    goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-17-10
    Posts: 6,803
    Betpoints: 60

    i bet we can pull up a thread just like this last year. They know exactly what they are doing. This game doesnt mean shi.t to them like the rockets. Cant judge this team on this game and also the fact that its a tnt game doesnt help either. these games are shady as fu.ck

  10. #10
    Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-16-11
    Posts: 12,906
    Betpoints: 2560

    Quote Originally Posted by laclippers504 View Post
    Same thing people said the last 5 years
    fixed

  11. #11
    Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-15-13
    Posts: 2,755
    Betpoints: 5815

    Well history has shown us they generally do not fare well the following year..They have never won in back to back years...and back to back trips usually result in fatigue..See Miami......I think the way things are shaping up...the younger and much improved teams like the Griz, Rockets, Blazers and Golden State simply have their legs right now...which means the Spurs, OKC, who due to fatigue and injuries will have to play catchup...which means a harder road to the finals...in all likelyhood...if you are the Spurs, Mavs, Suns...you have to play Golden State, Memphis and Houston in the earlier rounds..and maybe the Clippers in the second....thats tough draw....Eastern Conference has an edge here....

  12. #12
    Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-23-10
    Posts: 20,302
    Betpoints: 568

    Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    Well history has shown us they generally do not fare well the following year..They have never won in back to back years...and back to back trips usually result in fatigue..See Miami......I think the way things are shaping up...the younger and much improved teams like the Griz, Rockets, Blazers and Golden State simply have their legs right now...which means the Spurs, OKC, who due to fatigue and injuries will have to play catchup...which means a harder road to the finals...in all likelyhood...if you are the Spurs, Mavs, Suns...you have to play Golden State, Memphis and Houston in the earlier rounds..and maybe the Clippers in the second....thats tough draw....Eastern Conference has an edge here....
    did you ask mods to delete your picks thread? i was looking forward to know what you are on

  13. #13
    labones00
    Bo knows your sister
    labones00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-20-12
    Posts: 1,555
    Betpoints: 1484

    This is what people were saying week 3 about the Patriots....give it time brother. Long season

  14. #14
    Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-07-10
    Posts: 8,966

    Spurs are a 5-to-8 seed this year..

    IF they make it.. they look terrible, party over in San Anotinio

    it was a great run

  15. #15
    Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-07-10
    Posts: 8,966

    Quote Originally Posted by labones00 View Post
    This is what people were saying week 3 about the Patriots....give it time brother. Long season
    Pats are playing in the worst division year in year out. They are gifted 5 wins a year on that schedule.
    Spurs are not in a similar situation

  16. #16
    Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-07-10
    Posts: 8,966

    it's gonna be 2-4 for the Spurs... this team has nothing left

  17. #17
    Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-23-10
    Posts: 20,302
    Betpoints: 568

    Once again this dumbfukk shows how much he knows about basketball, but I don't blame him...

    In the last 16 years Ratzz has been watching the Spurs and Lakers dominate basketball, it's pretty obvious that as much as he hates Kobe and the Spurs, they repeatedly pounded his ass very very deep and made him miserable throughout the years.






    By the way, Spurs shot 10% from 3 and beat up a top 5 team in the West as an underdog AWAY from home

    They will make a deep run, whether you want it or not
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: riffraff24

  18. #18
    NBA Maniac
    NBA Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-11-12
    Posts: 5,296
    Betpoints: 92

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    it's gonna be 2-4 for the Spurs... this team has nothing left

  19. #19
    RonPaul2008
    RonPaul2008's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-08-07
    Posts: 6,564
    Betpoints: 6999

    I thank the spurs for coming back and cashing all those spurs tickets

  20. #20
    Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-09-09
    Posts: 30,184

    Spurs running on cruise control, barely even trying. Still the best team in the NBA, easily.

  21. #21
    GIVEMETHEMONEY
    GIVEMETHEMONEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-13-12
    Posts: 8,428
    Betpoints: 4853

    Quote Originally Posted by NBA Maniac View Post
    Wrong. The Spurs won you a$$wipse!! lmfao with this guy here!

  22. #22
    Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-15-13
    Posts: 2,755
    Betpoints: 5815

    This game says more about the Clippers than it does...about the Spurs. This is a team that was down double digits through out certain portions of the game...and should have lost. There is something amiss in Clipper land...and I am not sure if there is a solution..as it appears once Paul is neutralized...the team simply cannot function as they normally would if Paul is allowed to do what he does best...

  23. #23
    riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-20-11
    Posts: 7,234
    Betpoints: 54

    Glad Ratzz/Menses changed his writing style this season. Was getting a lil tired of the bolds and colors. Upgraded to dat dot dot..

    Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    This game says more about the Clippers than it does...about the Spurs. This is a team that was down double digits through out certain portions of the game...and should have lost. There is something amiss in Clipper land...and I am not sure if there is a solution..as it appears once Paul is neutralized...the team simply cannot function as they normally would if Paul is allowed to do what he does best...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    i know that Duncan and Ginobili are out..
    but they are only out because they are old and washed up

    but the rest of the team is smoked as well. Going to the Finals
    twice in a row was the kicker. Pop had never in his history been to
    the Finals in consecutive years.

    Spurs are done. Rockets and Warriors this year in the West.
    memphis is good, but i don't think that they can stay with GSW or HOU

    it's only the 1st Half.. and anything can change.
    Spurs could very well come back, and win.. but they are still smoked.

    No way they get back to the West Conference Finals

    However, hats off to them anyhow, great tea, excellent run last year
    and year before.

    it is amazing that Houston is 5-0 and still able to hold a double-digit lead..
    i would imagine that they are dour for a terrible game... or Half

  24. #24
    bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-31-12
    Posts: 4,091
    Betpoints: 314

    They looked really good last night considering theyre washed up.

  25. #25
    Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-07-10
    Posts: 8,966

    this team is washed up.

    Last place. If playoffs started today. Spurs o-u-t.

    without No.1 seeding last year.. no dice.

    the big guns need to much rest. Old men. seriously old. Ginobili bald. Duncan dentures.

    but nice guys, don't get me wrong.

  26. #26
    Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-16-11
    Posts: 12,906
    Betpoints: 2560

    They went 3-1 on this road trip and somewhat proved they still had it by beating 2 contenders in back-to-back games.

    They may not be a top 2 seed or whatever but they'll still be there, don't have any doubts about that.

  27. #27
    Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-07-10
    Posts: 8,966

    Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    They went 3-1 on this road trip and somewhat proved they still had it by beating 2 contenders in back-to-back games.

    They may not be a top 2 seed or whatever but they'll still be there, don't have any doubts about that.
    nah. they are not going to be anywhere. they're done.

    the 2014-15 Spurs will either:

    a) miss the playoffs altogether

    or

    b) be ousted in in the 1st Round by a Top 3 seed.


    Spurs = yesterday's papers

  28. #28
    Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-07-10
    Posts: 8,966

    second game in a row, where they blew big late leads in 2OT, and caved in the 3OT

    this was a nightmare for Pop,
    does not like to use Duncan for 40+ Minutes.. and IF he does.. must get the 'W'

    came out with two 'L'

    i think the Spurs will fade more and more as the season goes along..
    i know Parker and Leonard out, but that does not happen to a POP-Team
    especially two games in a row... Spurs are cooked. 3rd Finals in a row are an impossibility

    new blood in charge. Washed up or not...

    Spurs will always be an historically great, great team. What a run.
    Hats off to all of 'em,

  29. #29
    Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-16-11
    Posts: 12,906
    Betpoints: 2560

    They'll still be there.

    They might be an early exit though, I will agree about that. It depends on the matchup.

  30. #30
    bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-31-12
    Posts: 4,091
    Betpoints: 314

    Guy bumps this after they lose in triple ot for the 2nd straight game against a western conference playoff team without 2 of their 3 best players(and one of their top bench guys) and the one of the other teams stars going off.

    Green gets off that 3 a split second earlier in the first ot...this thread stays buried

  31. #31
    Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-07-10
    Posts: 8,966

    Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Guy bumps this after they lose in triple ot for the 2nd straight game against a western conference playoff team without 2 of their 3 best players(and one of their top bench guys) and the one of the other teams stars going off.

    Green gets off that 3 a split second earlier in the first ot...this thread stays buried
    facts are facts.

    Spurs out in 1st Round + everybody oldie = washed up

    i think in French it's 'Le washed-up' (but u get my meaning)

  32. #32
    Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-15-13
    Posts: 2,755
    Betpoints: 5815

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    facts are facts.

    Spurs out in 1st Round + everybody oldie = washed up

    i think in French it's 'Le washed-up' (but u get my meaning)
    lol......The Spurs will not be healthy until the end of the season and by the then a proper assessment of them can be made..but I do tend have an early lean toward this season being a bit of a letdown for them considering they have gone to two straight finals...they had little time to recuperate and rest..and even less time to get the ball rolling on this years campaign...the amazing thing however is that they will still win 50 + games despite the injuries and the DNP's...

  33. #33
    Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-07-10
    Posts: 8,966

    Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    lol......The Spurs will not be healthy until the end of the season and by the then a proper assessment of them can be made..but I do tend have an early lean toward this season being a bit of a letdown for them considering they have gone to two straight finals...they had little time to recuperate and rest..and even less time to get the ball rolling on this years campaign...the amazing thing however is that they will still win 50 + games despite the injuries and the DNP's...
    yep. agreed... but no way they beat Golden State, Memphis, Portland.. etc
    in the 1st Round..

    they are just too oldie.. if games go OT, they fade.. and we are Dec.
    can you imagine in April.. ?! playing on the road?

    no way.. out in 5-6 games max
    i ahem them at around 50 Games.. not 55,
    they will progressively fade as the year goes on, imo

  34. #34
    dalogester
    dalogester's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-02-13
    Posts: 1,088
    Betpoints: 416

    maybe. but their bench is beating the mavs on the road after two 3 OT games LOL.

  35. #35
    Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-07-10
    Posts: 8,966

    it seems like it doesn't really matter who is in for the Spurs..

    they can't close out games.. on the road... at home... in regulation.. in OT..

    spurs-R-washed up!

12 Last
Top