HappyKane
    HappyKane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3999

Full game, in-game and 2nd Half opinions for the SA/HOU and DAL/POR TNT games.

spreadsheet for keeping track of 1H & 2H ATS trends:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...aOXBMakE#gid=4

Full game: 2-3
    2nd Half: 4-1
    Live in-game: 0-0
    Made it to Cali safely. Slept well and feel refreshed and ready to tackle today's TNT slate.

Then i got a missed call from my dialysis place. I had labs done yesterday in Vegas; numbers are sub-par again.

Nothing to be too alarmed about. That just means i may have to watch tonight's games from the bed of a hospital as i have to go get a blood transfusion -- low hemoglobin count again.

San Antonio/Houston: last year when the Spurs key players sit out guys like Mills, Joseph and Baynes stepped up and filled in nicely. The underlying problem for the Spurs tonight is that Parker clocked 37 minutes last night, had problems closing out the Hawks, and are now playing a back-to-back -- home and away. Patrick Mills was a wonderful back-up for Parker last season. With Mills still dealing with a rotator cuff injury, this leaves the Spurs very thin at the point-guard position. Cory Joseph plays more like a wing-man and his ball-to-the-floor skill is vastly inferior to Parker's and Mill's.

Last season, i never thought that the combination of Lin and Harden worked. Lin only played well if Harden was playing well, never the other way around. With Lin and Parsons gone the Rockets offense is actually more fluid now. But there haven't been enough games for us to sample. Rockets 3-point shooting have been stellar and we've yet to see them play top-tiered teams besides Miami. I believe the Spurs were quite good at defending the perimeter last season.

Rockets will miss Terrence Jones tonight but i think the Spurs have bigger issues working against them.

Who is more rested really: Spurs or Rockets? This is the Spurs' 3rd game in a week's span; this is the Rockets' 4th game in about the same span. I'll fade the team on a home-away back-to-back with a tired backcourt.

Very good A+ rating for Dwight Howard tonight. Don't think Baynes and Ayres can match him.

Locking in:

Houston Rockets -6.5
    Dallas Mavericks ML +125

Dallas/Portland: i like the Mavericks to win SU tonight. Also expecting a high-scoring game so... 2H Over if 1H goes Under 105.5.

blstrick5
    blstrick5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1096

Dallas 1st half ML for me. This early in the season they seem to play better 1st half and Portland seems to play better 2nd half.

Salmon Steak
    Salmon Steak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

I'm in Cal. Bummer about the health issues. Get well soon. Good luck with your pics.

HappyKane
    HappyKane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3999

Dallas strong in the 1st Half as usual. Can they hold on to this lead?

At the Half:

DAL 50
    POR 46

2nd Half play:

Dallas/Portland Over 104.5 for 2nd Half

Ebumdude
    HTX
    Ebumdude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1843

BOL with your health and picks.

redtagboys
    redtagboys's Avatar Become A Pro!

BOL, go get Chlorophyll

blstrick5
    blstrick5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1096

Quote Originally Posted by blstrick5 View Post
    Dallas 1st half ML for me. This early in the season they seem to play better 1st half and Portland seems to play better 2nd half.