hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2113

Why is Avery Johnson sitting Dirk!!!

Makes no sense to me when you sit no of the best players in the NBA for 7 minutes in the first half when he isn't in foul trouble. I think Avery Johnson's coaching is going to cause them to lose this series. I know match up's, it didn't work in game one why would it work in game two. Stick to you best players you little cricket.

TheProphet
    TheProphet's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't know Dirk has not been playing hot and I have always questioned how he can play in the clutch maybe Johnson was trying to light a fire under inside him it seemed to work he came out and has played well in the second half.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

What does everyone see in Dirk? Just an above average player. I don't get the hype. At all.

TheProphet
    TheProphet's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't quite agree with your comment Dark Horse he is a very good player, but he lacks the greatness factor that I have seen in some other NBA talent. He lacks the clutch play for me to rave about how awesome he is though it is something that always bugs me when teams try to clame a player is great if they don't hit the big shots at the end they are useless.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's good. But not clutch. That's what I meant. I was reacting somewhat against the campaign to make him MVP, which in my book he's not close to. An MVP is someone that makes you sit up straight, someone who is of another order.

Anyway, Nellie is making my point just fine by showing how easy it is to neutralize Dirk.