Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14485

Dino Might

Anyone think Raptors will be able to win a game in New Jersey? I think they can and I'm thinking it might be the first one they play there in the series.

BigGulpsHuh?
    BigGulpsHuh?'s Avatar Become A Pro!

I think it's a possibility obv. but it's certainly not something I would lean towards since there's simply no reason to and to do so would be pure speculation. This post sounds like you have money on the raptors for the series and would like a false sense of security

Checkerboard

You're right on BGH. I have Toronto to win the series. For sure this is wishful thinking . . . getting others' thoughts. There may be some value in a Toronto play as I think NJ will be a popular favourite. Perhaps Toronto will be a good play to cover in the first game in NJ as opposed to winning outright, as I expect NJ to be favoured by around 4.5 . . .

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes, I still think the Raptors win this in 7. They've played pretty poorly the first two games and managed to win a split (I guess you can say the same about NJ though), and could have won both really. If they get three chances in NJ, which they should, they'll find a win I think.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard View Post
    Anyone think Raptors will be able to win a game in New Jersey? I think they can and I'm thinking it might be the first one they play there in the series.
    I sure as hell hope they pull one off in Jersey bro... I'm not liking my future wager on the Rapts to win the East much anymore... They really don't matchup that well against Jersey and the Nets are playing really solid as of late... Wouldn't be surprised to see the Nets take both in Jersey, but I'm hoping for a split! C'mon Raptors!!!

gridironguy
    gridironguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard View Post
    One game, but I don't believe both games. That would put the series at 2-2 and the HC back in their favor. Then they need to hold serve and finish off the Nets in 7 at Toronto.

Checkerboard

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton2MarvinN06 View Post
    I sure as hell hope they pull one off in Jersey bro... I'm not liking my future wager on the Rapts to win the East much anymore... They really don't matchup that well against Jersey and the Nets are playing really solid as of late... Wouldn't be surprised to see the Nets take both in Jersey, but I'm hoping for a split! C'mon Raptors!!!
    P2M, I think Toronto and New Jersey will go seven games and it will come down to the wire in double overtime in game seven and Raptors will prevail on emotion on home court. Something like that wouldn't surprise me, anyhow. I mean, don't bet the bank on it, I've been wrong before. I too feel they don't match up that well against the Nets, but that doesn't mean they'll lose.

Vince Carter is a veteran and he will step up his play in this series for three reasons. 1) playoff ball in general 2) vs Raptors and 3) I think he wants to show Bosh up - when he was last in Toronto there were a number of times when the fans applauded Bosh's play with chants of M-V-P! M-V-P! and Carter was rolling his eyes as if to say 'Oh, please . . .' I feel these last two reasons come in the form of negative energy that will catch up with him and that as such an integral part of the team it will spread from there. Furtherly, I believe the Toronto youngsters have gotten over the shock of the stepped-up playoff pace and will now begin playing up to such pace.

As far as the Conference bet goes, at this point it looks like a series win over Jersey would pit them against Cleveland. If that should transpire, I think the way Cleveland and Toronto
    match up, and the way Drew Gooden is playing, that such a series could also go seven games. If the Raptors were to prevail there, I would very much be looking into hedging the 20-1 series bet we each have on the finals, depending on the condition of the foe (Detroit?) at that point. Keeping in mind that if that Raptors make it that far and it should indeed prove to be against the Pistons, that the Raptors have traditionally played Detroit well in Toronto.

Checkerboard

What's everybody's take on the Raptors tonight? I'm leaning to a Toronto cover and still considering taking them outright.

I don't know maybe I'm wishfully thinking as I have series bet on them, but I have a feeling the younger players who needed have been initiated, had time to adjust and will step up their play tonight.

chigoldcoast27
    chigoldcoast27's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the raptors... they should be able to take one away from the nets in NJ.