bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Instant Value?

I was looking at this updated series price on the Mavs/Warriors matchup, and I find much value with the Mavs in this series despite being down 1-0.

Dallas Mavericks -585
    Golden State Warriors +445

This series was roughly -1700 before this series started. I know the Mavs lost game one in the series and the game 1 winner usually wins the series at roughly a 70% clip. However, the numbers are still very lopsidedly sway the Mavs way.

I hate laying this type of wood at all, but I gotta bet the value in this updated series price.

Ok guys... don't slam me too badly for laying roughly 6 to 1 here.

Thoughts are very much encouraged on this particular one.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't blame you. I'd still make this line about 10-1.

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Can't see Dallas losing the series, although it will be hard fought and may end up going to 7.

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd just love to see Cuban all slumped down in his chair again, which should happen at least once again during this series.

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    I don't blame you. I'd still make this line about 10-1.
    I wouldn't personally say 10-1, but I would say maybe as high as -875 range.

gridironguy
    gridironguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

You guys will be believers in GS when they take a 3-1 lead after sweeping at home in games 3 and 4.

You just don't understand -- Dallas exerted too much energy this regular season. "Best record's" in reg season, typically falter in the playoffs. Look it up if you need more evidence.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

I think the value is with the Spurs -260 to win the series. SA will beat Denver in no more than 6 games.

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Mavs will be a better value if they lose tonight.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    I think the value is with the Spurs -260 to win the series. SA will beat Denver in no more than 6 games.
    I don't know man... I can definitely see Denver winning this series... They have tons of firepower and if they just play a little defense like they did in Game 1, then they can definitely take that series... I really think that either the Warriors or the Nuggets will advance... One of the two I think will pull off the upset... I know they both are only up 1-0, but they both have a lot of confidence... Hell, Dallas hasn't even beatin Golden State this year, 0-4! Who's to think they are gonna win 4 out of 6 against a team that they matchup horrible against... If Dallas does get by Golden State then I think they are a lock for the Finals! Pretty funny how the team they matchup the worst with is the #8 seed!

gridironguy
    gridironguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

FWIW, I agree wholeheartedly Peyton.

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2113

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    I was looking at this updated series price on the Mavs/Warriors matchup, and I find much value with the Mavs in this series despite being down 1-0.

This series was roughly -1700 before this series started. I know the Mavs lost game one in the series and the game 1 winner usually wins the series at roughly a 70% clip. However, the numbers are still very lopsidedly sway the Mavs way.

I hate laying this type of wood at all, but I gotta bet the value in this updated series price.

Ok guys... don't slam me too badly for laying roughly 6 to 1 here.

Thoughts are very much encouraged on this particular one.
    Dan,

What would you think the odds would be tied at 1-1.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hanco21 View Post
    Dan,

What would you think the odds would be tied at 1-1.
    They'll barely change. Probably -650 or so.

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2113

Thanks Razz

sabe
    sabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

My concerns for Dallas are these:
    - Though some says regular season means nothing, but these guys with the best record got sweeped by Golden State (3-0) I believe
    - Avery Johnson, the coach of the Mavs, is taught by Nellie, the coach of the Warriors. I think Nellie might have a trick or two up his sleeve to go against Johnson. At least, I bet Nellie relishes each win over Dallas.
    - Dallas has everything to lose. Golden State went on an amazing streak to get in, and has nothing to lose.
    - Now that series is tied 1-1, the home court is at GS, but I don't see GS winning both at home... probably would go 2-2 after 4.

bigboydan

I was thinking it would be a little bit higher than this actually.

Dallas Mavericks -745
    Golden State Warriors +525