Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Raptors -5½ to even series with Nets

Raptors -5½ to even series with Nets

Game Time: 4/24/2007 7:00:00 PM -
    By: John Ryan

Look for the Raptors to bounce back from their Game 1 defeat and treat their fans in Toronto to a big win tonight over the New Jersey Nets to even up their playoff series.

AiS shows a 75% probability that Toronto will win this game by six or more points. Supporting this graded play is a system that has gone 28-5 against the spread over the past five seasons. Play on any team after failing to cover the spread in five or more consecutive games, a marginal winning team (51% to 60%) playing a winning team.

New Jersey is 7-18 against the spread versus teams who average 48 or less rebounds per game on the season over the last two seasons. Toronto is 21-7 against the spread versus good passing teams, averaging at least 23 assists per game over the last three seasons. New Jersey is not an aggressive type of defensive team getting less than seven steals a game on the season. Note that Toronto does well against this conservative style of defense posting a 24-13 against the spread versus teams who average seven or less steals per game in the second half of the last two seasons.

Toronto is 15-5 against the spread when playing six or fewer games in 14 days this season. Toronto wins big.

Play: Raptors -5½
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 07-21-15 at 12:09 PM. Reason: link does not work

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

rollin' w/ the nets ML again tonight, gents

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I too am gonna roll with the Nets once again tonight tevari.

cwsulzba
    cwsulzba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Nets

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Raptors are a great play. They needed to get that first playoff game out of their system, but they'll win this one by double digits.

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36681

Agree with the Raps pick here. Bosh won't be getting two quick fouls tonite and missing almost all of the 1st half which was the Raps downfall on the weekend. Also after game one played the Raps to win the series at +182.

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    The Raptors are a great play. They needed to get that first playoff game out of their system, but they'll win this one by double digits.
    I dunno Razz, when both Carter and Kidd shoot horribly from the field as they did in game 1, and the Nets still win...it's hard to lay points with TOR...

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14473

With you and Razz on this one Willie Bee.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've got a funny feeling about the over in this one tonight.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

i would have to go with the nets here

buztah
    buztah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Took the points

Nets look better plus they get a 5 1/2 point head start so I had to take em.