solman
    solman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Nba preseason caution

Here, I will make this easy for you. Listen very carefully OK? This is preseason. Bad teams will win, good teams will lose. DO NOT take these games seriously. There is no numbers crunching. If you are looking at numbers from last year, you will have a very bad month ahead. Team rosters are completely different. There is a learning curve involved over the next month or so before the season actually starts. Take some small action yes and have some fun, but by no means take any games serious right now. Teams are still tweaking their starters and resting stars or playing them limited minutes to see who will be the first level subs. Different players are still getting accustomed to their new teams coaching styles and teamates styles. Take my advice or not.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Many still wont be able to get past certain name teams and the big names on those teams. Betting will be as usual.

Martinr
    Martinr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21

Watch the odds and follow the money.
    Under in the Heat game.
    Bulls straight up.
    Where the money has gone in those 2 games.

Martinr
    Martinr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21

There will be some soft lines in these games as the books are nearly as disadvantaged as the punters. Limits are lower, but my book will still take bets to lose 1500 on the spread and 750 on the M/L and Total.
    I agree that trying to handicap the games on stats and form from last season is low EV but there will be other angles for anyone looking for action.
    Live betting for instance. A high scoring first quarter opens up opportunities for Total bettors. Especially if you have an idea of who will sit during the game.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Yup I got hosed that last 2 days on preseason nba. I'm done with preaseason. Will just continue with cfb only until regular season starts.

BCC585
    BCC585's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1206

Preseason should only be used to watch how rookies handle themselves in a "NBA environment"