sportsguy4
    sportsguy4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 664

Learning When to pull the trigger?

I've posted a few NBA picks in here the last week, and I'm relatively new to sports betting, but I've been following sports religiously since i was a young kid, now a senior in college.

Since I'm new all the bets I've been making are really small, and it just seems like I always talk myself out of putting a nice chunk of change on a game even when I feel confident in a pick. Im just wondering how did all you cappers get to the point of risking alot of money on a points spread or under/over?

My early leans tonight are
    Cha -4.5
    Tor +7

And im considering throwing down my biggest bet so far on the Kings + 7 at Portland.

Thanks for any advice I might get?

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

Im currently trying to figure out the NY @ CHL game myself. CHL owns home court and owns NY lately. But NY has been playing well and can score. Defending the perimeter is a lot different than defending the paint and NY shoots 3's like mad so, I'm leaning NY or NO PLAY - and this after CHL made me some nice cash last week by beating DEN outright at home.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Bet one game a day that you are comfortable with losing. If you dont you will grow angry, and frustrated with betting. This is for entertainment, if you become a wise gambler then maybe you can make some good money. Other than that just have fun.

I started off betting $22 on games, then I it grew to $55. Now my minimum is $100, and max $550. You have to find what you are comfortable with, and figure out if you are any good at gambling.