tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Wiggins is like Kim Kardashian

timbaland99
    timbaland99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Wiggins is like Kim Kardashian
    Say what????? Lol, how are you drawing that comparison?

timbaland99
    timbaland99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    If they do the trade then they're sacrificing depth for a big 3, just like in Miami. We all saw what the Spurs did and the second unit was key in their excellence. Miami had no bench whatsoever and right now the Cavs have some solid depth with the ability to add more in the next years draft. Trade for Love and you lose potentially 4 good assets for one player along with three max contracts eating up your cap for years to come. It's just not worth it to me, especially when it's an overrated Love they're getting back.
    I agree. Well said. Major depths. The Cav's, if they do things properly (building through the draft) could potentially be on their way to making this team a dynasty in a few years, as long as they build through the draft and give the young guys a chance to grow

Hypothetical question: I was wondering what you guys think the going rate is for Lebron James if he were to get traded? No money involved, just players and/or picks for lebron. What kind of assets could the team trading him expect in return? Same as what cleveland got for him or a bit less?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

I'm not trading the possible best player in the league in 5 years for a guy who's played 6 years with 0 playoff games. Not sure on why Lebron wants Waiters to stick around so bad, I still think the Cavs can come up with enough to give Minnesota and keep Wiggins, the Warriors apparently refuse to give up Klay Thompson which is a story in itself.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

A lot of NBA GMs aren't big on Love. 3 time winner of the "Which player makes the most of limited natural ability" award.

These trade offers and none actually going through say a lot.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24743

The groundwork in Cleveland has been laid for a formidable basketball team for years to come. They don't need to blow their wad chasing Kevin Love. There's potential to build a much stronger squad, with the current players and future draft picks, than the three headed monster of James/Irving/Love.

The goal is to win NBA championships, not Eastern Conference Championships. You need a bevy of players to fulfill various roles in order create a sum greater than the parts... Not a triumvirate of stars to sell jerseys.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    The groundwork in Cleveland has been laid for a formidable basketball team for years to come. They don't need to blow their wad chasing Kevin Love. There's potential to build a much stronger squad, with the current players and future draft picks, than the three headed monster of James/Irving/Love.

The goal is to win NBA championships, not Eastern Conference Championships. You need a bevy of players to fulfill various roles in order create a sum greater than the parts... Not a triumvirate of stars to sell jerseys.
    Wasn't a G/SF/PF triumverate the model for Miami Heat winning 2/4?

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

what a poor example
    did the big 3 not go to 4 straight nba finals and win 2?????
    darn, what a failure of a model

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    what a poor example
    It's a good model to make it to the finals out of the East but not win it. They really should have been 1 for 4. You don't win often with no bench which is what they sacrifice for one player in Love.

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

Love averaged 25 and 11 on Duncan last season, including a 42 point game, this is why Lebron wants him. Mike Miller, and James Jones are on the team now, i'm hearing rumors of Ray Allen making an appearance. Lebron is bringing over all his friends i smell a "ship".

Irving
    Allen
    James
    Love
    Varejao

That's a way better team than last years Heat starting 5.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ray Allen will never start for the Cavs, thats just ridiculous. Cavs want to win NOW... LeBron cant afford to wait for Wiggins to reach his potential. I love Wiggins, and I am a Cavs fan, and I think Wiggins is gonna be a special special player. But first of all, its no promise that Wiggins will be a star. Personally I think he will be a HOFer, but Id give him up in a second if it meant a title or 3 for my team. The current Cavs roster will compete for a title this year and as many years as LeBron is here and in his prime. Take away Wiggins and add Love? This team is a heavy favorite to win multiple titles of the next 4-5 years.... more so than if we had Wiggins. I want the titles now, make the trade!

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

If love was black everyone would be saying trade wiggins NOW...

True story.

If duncan was on the wolves he'd win nothing either so what's the point of talking about playoff wins. It's just a product of circumstance.

We all know jordan would win NOTHING if he played on 90's expansion teams.

Winning is so overrated.

Jordan was a loser for years but somehow a winner when he wins.

Put love on the spurs and he makes the playoffs now, is he a winner now....

So stupid.

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

True story.

If duncan was on the wolves he'd win nothing either so what's the point of talking about playoff wins. It's just a product of circumstance.

Winning is so overrated.

So stupid.
    such a bitter old angry soul aren't you... just mad at the world

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Wasn't a G/SF/PF triumverate the model for Miami Heat winning 2/4?
    what a poor example
    Look, the Cavs are going to be very good in either scenario... But why give up multiple players in return for one? Kevin Love would be a nice addition but then you've painted yourself into a corner where three guys have to shoulder the load and carry a paper thin remaining roster.

Yes the Heat forged a winning model to a large degree, but it proved unsustainable and ultimately too taxing on the "big three." And as Cuse pointed out, they really only proved to be the best team in the NBA ONCE out of the four trips to the Finals. Last year the Spurs entered the Finals with Ginobili and Parker hobbled and it still took a Heat miracle in game 6 to pull it out.

Contrast that with the 2014 Spurs (healthy), who weren't overly reliant on two or three players to tow the line. They had depth, balance, and players who could execute their role in a gameplan to perfection. It looked effortless whereas the Heat looked lost when the big three couldn't produce. The Spurs were multidimensional and hardly broke a sweat running the Heat out of the building. If not for some untimely missed free throws in game two, it's a sweep.

In fact, San Antonio got their biggest test of the playoffs in round one against Dallas, which speaks to how watered down the East is and how much of Miami's success can be attributed to a powderpuff path the the Finals.

It's not like Cleveland needs Wiggins to be a superhero right away, if at all. If he can contribute as a lock down defender (which is a strength of his), then that goes a long way towards building an actual team. Maybe Bennett and Thompson clean up the boards, Waiters provides scoring, Kyrie facilitates and Lebron dominates. Then you have some wildcards with the draft picks. I'm oversimplifying it a bit but there's definitely a championship team in there somewhere.

You don't need to clean house and rest your hopes on another version of the "Heatles." Kevin Love isn't much of a post defender anyways and Miami found out the hard way what happens when you leave the backdoor open in the paint all day.

Let Lebron mold these younger players into something special. He already has his two rings so that monkey is off his back forever. It would be a boon to his legacy to take the current edition of the Cavs to the NBA title rather than another superteam. His critics love to point out "well he had to team up with other superstars to win it all...." so why bother with that tired old narrative again?

jsmithj88

It's a good model to make it to the finals out of the East but not win it. They really should have been 1 for 4. You don't win often with no bench which is what they sacrifice for one player in Love.
    and on the flip side they could have easily been 3-1 in the finals
    accumulating star players is a proven model of success throughout nba and sports history
    u can never have enough

jsmithj88

Look, the Cavs are going to be very good in either scenario... But why give up multiple players in return for one? Kevin Love would be a nice addition but then you've painted yourself into a corner where three guys have to shoulder the load and carry a paper thin remaining roster.

Yes the Heat forged a winning model to a large degree, but it proved unsustainable and ultimately too taxing on the "big three." And as Cuse pointed out, they really only proved to be the best team in the NBA ONCE out of the four trips to the Finals. Last year the Spurs entered the Finals with Ginobili and Parker hobbled and it still took a Heat miracle in game 6 to pull it out.

Contrast that with the 2014 Spurs (healthy), who weren't overly reliant on two or three players to tow the line. They had depth, balance, and players who could execute their role in a gameplan to perfection. It looked effortless whereas the Heat looked lost when the big three couldn't produce. The Spurs were multidimensional and hardly broke a sweat running the Heat out of the building. If not for some untimely missed free throws in game two, it's a sweep.

In fact, San Antonio got their biggest test of the playoffs in round one against Dallas, which speaks to how watered down the East is and how much of Miami's success can be attributed to a powderpuff path the the Finals.

It's not like Cleveland needs Wiggins to be a superhero right away, if at all. If he can contribute as a lock down defender (which is a strength of his), then that goes a long way towards building an actual team. Maybe Bennett and Thompson clean up the boards, Waiters provides scoring, Kyrie facilitates and Lebron dominates. Then you have some wildcards with the draft picks. I'm oversimplifying it a bit but there's definitely a championship team in there somewhere.

You don't need to clean house and rest your hopes on another version of the "Heatles." Kevin Love isn't much of a post defender anyways and Miami found out the hard way what happens when you leave the backdoor open in the paint all day.

Let Lebron mold these younger players into something special. He already has his two rings so that monkey is off his back forever. It would be a boon to his legacy to take the current edition of the Cavs to the NBA title rather than another superteam. His critics love to point out "well he had to team up with other superstars to win it all...." so why bother with that tired old narrative again?
    the cavs will be very good because lebron is there
    take him off the roster and they are lottery bound again
    im not saying give up all their young players, that wouldnt make a lot of sense for 1 dude
    wiggins, bennett and another pick is a fair trade

NOBODY in the nba can follow in the spurs model, ITS TOO DIFFICULT
    who has a HOF coach, competent front office and 3 superstars who played together for 10 years?
    add in their willingness to sacrifice on the court and in their salary
    it took them what 6-7 years to get back to the nba finals

so in comparision 4 straight trips to the nba finals, 2 titles
    7 years in between titles, lost twice in the first round with 1 being knocked out by and 8th seed, 2 finals and 1 title

yea, id say big 3 model is far better success now and in the near future
    its a no brainer, with lebron, U DONT WAIT to see if these kids can play one day
    it makes no sense when u can bring in a dude that can play and elevate u to the best team in the east

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

True story.

Winning is so overrated.

So stupid.
    I believed this to be true....if Love was black...people would not be second guessing what he could contribute....and that's coming from a black guy who cannot stand white folk...but I must call it as i see it...26 and 12 and people are questioning his skills...LOL.....its the white man can't jump syndrome that always seems to plague the NBA....funny thing is..the media loves him and will turn him into Larry Bird the moment he starts winning with Lebron...then people will jump on the Love bandwagon...

Eddy Munny

What do you mean nobody can follow the Spurs model? Countless teams have done it. Sure the pieces are going to vary, and you won't be nearly as cohesive to start, but it's about building a complete roster, to absorb the rigors and schematic challenges of a title run, rather than trying to condense your assets into three great players. Love is good rebounder/scorer but the Cavs have players right now to fulfill those obligations, even if by committee. How bout adding some rugged defenders and some actual bench play into the mix, along with guys that pose a serious threat in fast break points? (All things you might sacrifice in order to get K-Love.)

jsmithj88

What do you mean nobody can follow the Spurs model? Countless teams have done it. Sure the pieces are going to vary, and you won't be nearly as cohesive to start, but it's about building a complete roster, to absorb the rigors and schematic challenges of a title run, rather than trying to condense your assets into three great players. Love is good rebounder/scorer but the Cavs have players right now to fulfill those obligations, even if by committee. How bout adding some rugged defenders and some actual bench play into the mix, along with guys that pose a serious threat in fast break points? (All things you might sacrifice in order to get K-Love.)
    name some and we can gauge their level of success ...............
    did we also forget the spurs won several championship with 2 superstars of duncun+robinson
    then their big 3 of duncun+parker+ginobili??
    only took another 7years before they morphed into their present form

Eddy Munny

^^^ You're ignoring the gist of my post. I'm not against having superstars. I'm against doing so at the expense of a more well rounded team that ultimately, imo, would be better.

People act like getting Lebron another title starting immediately is the end all be all, and that having Kevin Love is the only way to accomplish that. When did Cleveland's championship drought become a national emergency? So what if it takes an extra year or two? Exercise a modicum of patience with what you have now. The ingredients are there, you just need to let 'em simmer.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by freeVICK View Post
    Why not go after Ryan Anderson or spencer hawes instead of love? Half the price, same production

Heck borris diaw > love

Cuse0323

^^^ You're ignoring the gist of my post. I'm not against having superstars. I'm against doing so at the expense of a more well rounded team that ultimately, imo, would be better.

People act like getting Lebron another title starting immediately is the end all be all, and that having Kevin Love is the only way to accomplish that. When did Cleveland's championship drought become a national emergency? So what if it takes an extra year or two? Exercise a modicum of patience with what you have now. The ingredients are there, you just need to let 'em simmer.
    It's a waste of time, Eddy. They can't see the negatives of the trade, no matter what. Three players trumps a team.

jsmithj88

It's a waste of time, Eddy. They can't see the negatives of the trade, no matter what. Three players trumps a team.
    the positives outweigh the negatives
    we are going around in circles here,, we will just have to wait and see

u guys are willing to roll the dice on the rest of lebrons prime in the hopes these kids end up being as good as love
    im willing to trade for love now, rule the east for the next couple years and hopefully win some titles

Cuse0323

the positives outweigh the negatives
    we are going around in circles here,, we will just have to wait and see

u guys are willing to roll the dice on the rest of lebrons prime in the hopes these kids end up being as good as love
    im willing to trade for love now, rule the east for the next couple years and hopefully win some titles
    Indeed going in circles, we'll see. I'm sure the trade happens eventually. It's not about Love for the kids to me, it's about one player for 4 assets.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    such a bitter old angry soul aren't you... just mad at the world
    I just tell it how it is.

Dude could average 35 and 20 and people be saying don't trade him for a black guy who can jump....lol

His numbers don't mean anything because he's white. You have to divide them in half.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Cleveland should just wait until December. Pretty easy decision...see how wiggins is while Minnesota gets off to another mediocre start and feels the pressure to trade love

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    Cleveland should just wait until December. Pretty easy decision...see how wiggins is while Minnesota gets off to another mediocre start and feels the pressure to trade love
    this actually makes some sense to me, and i like it.... but as the old phrase goes "You snooze, you lose"

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1515

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    Minny is getting rid of Love before the season starts. They know they can't keep him so he's going to be too much of a distraction playing for the Wolves. Also, god forbid he gets hurt and you get nothing for him.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Minnesota is getting a great opportunity here I don't understand what the issue is

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Minnesota is getting a great opportunity here I don't understand what the issue is
    I'd rather trade for established veterans to put around Rubio. The guys in the Cavs trade are young and could end up walking when the time comes. Players aren't thrilled about playing in Minny. If you make a trade for vets and win now, you have a better shot of keeping the players.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    I'd rather trade for established veterans to put around Rubio. The guys in the Cavs trade are young and could end up walking when the time comes. Players aren't thrilled about playing in Minny. If you make a trade for vets and win now, you have a better shot of keeping the players.
    Minny wants those young guys because they will control them under rookie contracts. I would guess Wiggins is getting a 5 year deal, which will be very organization friendly should he become that player that some feel he will. Bennett is also under a rookie deal so the financials make it a no brainer for the Wolves.

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Minny wants those young guys because they will control them under rookie contracts. I would guess Wiggins is getting a 5 year deal, which will be very organization friendly should he become that player that some feel he will. Bennett is also under a rookie deal so the financials make it a no brainer for the Wolves.
    My bad. I thought it was still the 3 year deal.

Cuse0323

I just tell it how it is.

Dude could average 35 and 20 and people be saying don't trade him for a black guy who can jump....lol

His numbers don't mean anything because he's white. You have to divide them in half.
    Half of zero is still zero, as in playoff games. If you think he actually gets looked down upon because he's white, you're crazy. Many better players than him are hated but Love is loved by most. The great white hope.
    Last edited by Cuse0323; 07-20-14 at 11:19 AM.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Minny is getting rid of Love before the season starts. They know they can't keep him so he's going to be too much of a distraction playing for the Wolves. Also, god forbid he gets hurt and you get nothing for him.
    I don't think that's necessarily true. Flip Saunders surely doesn't want to rush anything if the right deal isn't there. He also might want to see if minny can make a run. Last summer everyone thought Aldridge was leaving Portland, so I wouldn't be surprised if Saunders is hoping for a similar scenario here

Cuse0323

It sounds like the Cavs may not even be willing to trade Wiggins. A whole lot of misinformation out there, just ESPN trying to stir things up. I've gotta believe if the deal was really Wiggins, Bennett and a 1st rounder that Minny would jump on it. You just never know. Now sources are saying Wiggins was never available. The media is full of shit.

First 123 Last