stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    Cmon he is already way better than Kemba Walker will ever be... that's just an insane comment. You are right is not CP3.... yet.
    But I'm a UCONN homer.

Now if you get Love, which I don't you will, and I love Love, the guy is a legit 3 point sniper.

chad pfeifer
    chad pfeifer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Best team in history? Laughable. That lineup that could go down as one of the worst defensive lineups ever.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Varejao and LeBron both on all defensive NBA teams in their career... nice try, who needs defense when you score 130 a night?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

No team will ever be better than Chicago 95-96 team.

STAX

Doubt any team will ever have 4 Hall of Famers... Oh wait, the Cavs will. 2016 Cavs would run that 96 Bulls team off the court with tails between legs

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

I agree with a lot of this but Irving will still be a star on the Cavs, just not THE star. And I'm not sure he will ever shoot 50% from the field. If he can stay above 45%, that will be good enough. I think he could be a better scoring version of Chris Paul if he matures mentally.
    I'll take over 48% this year if you go pro and wanna bet some points.
    There is NO way his % doesn't go way up with Lebron buddy.
    Do you understand how much more space this kid is going to have?

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Doubt any team will ever have 4 Hall of Famers... Oh wait, the Cavs will. 2016 Cavs would run that 96 Bulls team off the court with tails between legs
    There have been tons of teams with 4 hall of famers it is not that hard to make the basketballl hall of fame

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    First off, apologies for going off on you last week.
    People that know basketball way more than me all think he's going to be a great one, I don't see it.
    What am I missing, I think he's Kemba Walker good, I don't think he's CP good though.
    He's not CP good, never will be. Guy plays zero D, he's a scorer and that's it. Not a true PG.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    He's not CP good, never will be. Guy plays zero D, he's a scorer and that's it. Not a true PG.
    I said he's not CP good.
    I'm not a Irving fan, most are, I'm not.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I said he's not CP good.
    I'm not a Irving fan, most are, I'm not.
    Was agreeing, my man.

People fall in love with him for some reason but I don't see it either.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Huh? This whole thread is based on the premise that the Cavs will get kevin Love and keep Wiggins and Irving. Who the heck are they going to trade to get Love? It isn't happening unless they trade Wiggins.

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    I'll take over 48% this year if you go pro and wanna bet some points.
    There is NO way his % doesn't go way up with Lebron buddy.
    Do you understand how much more space this kid is going to have?
    That would be more than a 5% increase, I may take u up on that offer sir! How many players have ever increased FG% over 5% in 1 year? Curious as to how often this happens.

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul2008 View Post
    Huh? This whole thread is based on the premise that the Cavs will get kevin Love and keep Wiggins and Irving. Who the heck are they going to trade to get Love? It isn't happening unless they trade Wiggins.
    Free Agent after next year, he will sign with Cavs, thats why they wont give up a lot to get him now. They can get him for free in 1 year. Gilbert isnt dumb, he knows he gets Love next year for free, and would never give up a future superstar and HOFer in Wiggins to get a guy for one extra year.

The Cavs would give up Bennett and picks for Love, and maybe even throw in Waiters or Thompson. I really hope they keep Waiters though. Guy is instant offense off the bench...

Cuse0323

If he doesn't get traded before he's a FA, really doubt he goes to Cleveland. NY or LA more likely.

BennyBigNuts

That would be more than a 5% increase, I may take u up on that offer sir! How many players have ever increased FG% over 5% in 1 year? Curious as to how often this happens.
    I would say quite often with young players.
    I would guess durant and Lebron did it.
    Melo as well.
    I have not looked I am guessing.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    I would say quite often with young players.
    I would guess durant and Lebron did it.
    Melo as well.
    I have not looked I am guessing.
    Melo actually did go from 43% his second year to 48% the next. Durant went from 43% to 47.6%, from his rookie to second year so definitely possible. Kyrie should get easier looks this year but over 48% will be rough.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I think outside the box a lot... I mean you have to... but OP.... there's no way this is happening.

STAX

Notables:

Durant 4.6%
    LeBron 5.5%
    Melo 5%
    Harden 5.5%
    Griffin 4.3%
    Dragic 6.2%
    Paul 5.1%
    Walker 6.7%

Looked at top 10 scorers from this past year and every SF/SG/PG in the top 40 in scoring...

Irving will be interesting this next season... he avges 17 shots a game in his career and we know that number is dropping to probably 14 or 15. Can he go better than 7/15 a game (46.6%)?

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Free Agent after next year, he will sign with Cavs, thats why they wont give up a lot to get him now. They can get him for free in 1 year. Gilbert isnt dumb, he knows he gets Love next year for free, and would never give up a future superstar and HOFer in Wiggins to get a guy for one extra year.

The Cavs would give up Bennett and picks for Love, and maybe even throw in Waiters or Thompson. I really hope they keep Waiters though. Guy is instant offense off the bench...
    Getting a little ahead of yourself, aren't ya?

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Getting a little ahead of yourself, aren't ya?
    Most people agree with that statement

meader99

Most people agree with that statement
    Most people think he will be a Hall of Famer? Where?

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

There are no guarantees but Love has already said he wants to play with Lebron. The league clearly wants talent around Lebron which why the Cavs continue to get high draft picks...Golden State won't budge on Thompson...and even if they did...WHY on gods green earth would they risk Klay Thompson for Love when he might NOT SIGN AN EXTENSION with them next year?....Lebron will be in Love's ear from now until the day he declares for free agency.....the best that Minny can do is Waiters and Tristan......if not they are going end up with nothing like the Lakers did with Dwight....Flip Saunders needs to come across....immediately...

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Most people think he will be a Hall of Famer? Where?

Haven't heard that one...more people skeptical that he will even be an all-star.

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post

Haven't heard that one...more people skeptical that he will even be an all-star.
    Certainly has a high ceiling.....whether he hits it or not who knows.....perhaps stax has inside info on that.

STAX

haha no inside info. Except that everyone said he was the next LeBron out of high school, then he goes to Kansas and let Bill Self stunt his developement. Wiggins was good in 1 year of college, but you can't show your true skill set on a Bill Self coached team, just impossible to do. He's 6'8, and can do everything on the court. Every game I watched of him he was far and away the most talented player on the floor. Self just pulls the reigns on guys for whatever stupid reason. Wiggins will get to play 3rd and 4th fiddle for a couple years, learn from the best player since Jordan, and then explode by year 3.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Cav's won 66 games with Mo Williams and Booby Gibson with Lebron.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BennyBigNuts

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

haha no inside info. Except that everyone said he was the next LeBron out of high school, then he goes to Kansas and let Bill Self stunt his developement. Wiggins was good in 1 year of college, but you can't show your true skill set on a Bill Self coached team, just impossible to do. He's 6'8, and can do everything on the court. Every game I watched of him he was far and away the most talented player on the floor. Self just pulls the reigns on guys for whatever stupid reason. Wiggins will get to play 3rd and 4th fiddle for a couple years, learn from the best player since Jordan, and then explode by year 3.
    We'll see. He's athletic for sure. Not sure he has the skill set and body control to be a real go-to guy. Not sure he'll reach all-star level. Hall of Fame is laughable.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

i'm still waiting for fellow jayhawk ben mclemore to show off his basketball skills, not just athleticism.

chad pfeifer
    chad pfeifer's Avatar Become A Pro!

One of the dumbest threads I've read in a while. This is like me saying I'm going to be banging a few 10's in 2 years and I'm going to mitt the lotto for 200 million as well. I mean it could happen, right?

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by chad pfeifer View Post
    One of the dumbest threads I've read in a while. This is like me saying I'm going to be banging a few 10's in 2 years and I'm going to mitt the lotto for 200 million as well. I mean it could happen, right?
    Lemme guess, you've always read threads but just decided to sign up 2 days ago right?
    Ghost you later dik

Foot? Meet mouth.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

you do realize that unless that trade for love they can't sign him without clearing cap space with o yea would be AV. Cle fans are so thirsty for a title it's funny to continue to see them lose

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Wiggins got exposed in college.

That's why these kids want to skip it as fast as they can before people find out how much they suck.

Wiggins can't shoot, has no handles, can't finish in traffic, soft and athleticism is not as great as people think.

But yeah he's get the whole skill set....

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Wiggins got exposed in college.

That's why these kids want to skip it as fast as they can before people find out how much they suck.

Wiggins can't shoot, has no handles, can't finish in traffic, soft and athleticism is not as great as people think.

But yeah he's get the whole skill set....

Just wrong on all accounts but other than that, good post.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Wiggins in summer league.
    Shooting disgraceful.
    Rebounding horrible.
    Passing embarrassing.
    Decent on defense.

First 1234 Last