shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Lamar Odom unable to meet Phil's standards, waived by Knicks

The NBA considered Lamar Odom damaged goods even through Phil Jackson signing his former player to the Knicks.

Odom has allegedly battled drug addiction, and he’s been in trouble with the law.

He’s also struggled on the court the last couple years, and few 34-year-olds produce better as they age.

There was a lot to overcome.

Unfortunately, Odom won’t get that chance in New York.

It’s not clear whether Odom failed to meet on-court or off-court standards, though the wording certainly implies the latter.

The Knicks expected Odom to make the roster in the fall, and though I’m hardly sold on his ability to play at this point, it would have been difficult for him to prove at this time of year he couldn’t produce. I think basketball would have become an issue for Odom, whose fully unguaranteed contract would have become guaranteed Sept. 11, but it’s hard to see basketball being the issue here.

If there were off-court problems, we’ll probably hear more about them soon. By marrying Khloe Kardashian, Odom opened himself to more exposure. Their divorce won’t stop prying entertainment writers from joining NBA writers trying to get to the bottom of this.

Likely, this ends Odom’s career. Hopefully, at least his life is in order.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...ved-by-knicks/

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

I will be picking him in a 2015 death pool, LT

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

This is really a sign of things to come when Phil Jackson couldn't see this guy was a waste of time. I said it when they signed him this was too far of a reach.