Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Carmelo to the Bulls

Maybe.

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

I pray so that I can watch melo get swept again in the 2nd rd of the NBA playoffs by The King and the boys.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

i think he wants to go, but only for sign and trade. Knicks won't do that.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Chicago could just amnesty Boozer if they really want to free up the money to get Melo. No wants him bum ass anyway. So, they either pay Boozer's contract to get Melo or no Melo. How about those money shouldn't matter, championships only fans from Chicago?

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Even with amnesty yo boozer, bulls can only pay like 15 mil a year, cuse.

Cuse0323

True...doubtful Melo ever goes to Chicago. Not even close with the money. Phil isn't doing any sign and trade.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

If he did go... that would be some fun ass games to watch between chi and cavs

smoke a bowl

They would have an xtra buzz to them. I think the Cavs would outclass them (pending trends obv) but that's why they play the games.

Cuse0323

Sure would, tough to turn down all that money. Even his $129 million deal, he gets like $66.5 mil after all the taxes and that doesn't include his people like agents etc.

I think he's just waiting to see if the Bulls can pull off a sign and trade but they would have to get rid of Boozer and Gibson to really give him the money he wants anyway. And he wants to play with Gibson...just ain't gonna work.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Really, if they're smart, they will. Knicks are in rebuilding. And Carmelo is not getting younger. He needs to win in the next couple seasons. Bulls have assets. I think they will get it done. And I wouldn't be surprised if secretly that's what Phil wants. RClear the deck and NY can be a destination. Force Bulls to take on J.R. Smith too. Boozer, Dunleavy, Snell, expiring contracts plus the Sac protected #1, Bulls 2015 #1 and a couple second rounders for Anthony and Smith.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Lol outclass them? Smoke a bowl, you dont have a clue.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Sure would, tough to turn down all that money. Even his $129 million deal, he gets like $66.5 mil after all the taxes and that doesn't include his people like agents etc.

I think he's just waiting to see if the Bulls can pull off a sign and trade but they would have to get rid of Boozer and Gibson to really give him the money he wants anyway. And he wants to play with Gibson...just ain't gonna work.
    Nope. In a S&T scenario, they have other ways to do it. Would include Dunleavy with Boozer and Bulls have a few expiring contracts that can be waived. Along with draft picks. Knicks would want to dump JR Smith too.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Nope. In a S&T scenario, they have other ways to do it. Would include Dunleavy with Boozer and Bulls have a few expiring contracts that can be waived. Along with draft picks. Knicks would want to dump JR Smith too.
    Yeah but the Knicks don't want a bunch of bums and to lose Melo. They don't have to do it when they know they're his best option if they don't. I guess draft picks would be nice but the Knicks have all the leverage here.

smoke a bowl

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    Why do I not have a clue? Is it because Germany won 7-1? Do you want me to ship you a cookie? Congrats man you were right about that game. Do you need me to send you a pat on the back via Fedex?

smoke a bowl

And yes outclass them. If they played on a neutral court the Cavs would be 5+ point favorites as currently assembled. That's outclassing in my book.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Lol outclassing makes no sense. You have no basketball analysis to back up any system you make.

But doesn't matter. I dont expect it.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Wish I could edit posts. Meant "statement" not "system".

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Guy not leaving all that money on the table ....NYC!

smoke a bowl

Wish I could edit posts. Meant "statement" not "system".
    No worries. Not the type to pounce on someone for a simple typo.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

It simply comes down to: does melo wanna win or make (more) money.

He has his own brand with Jordan... he will make plenty regardless

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

It simply comes down to: does melo wanna win or make (more) money.

He has his own brand with Jordan... he will make plenty regardless
    If he can force a S&T, he could get both. Pretty conifdent that's what he wants. But if he can't get it, it comes down to whether he wants money or the chance to win more.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Yeah but the Knicks don't want a bunch of bums and to lose Melo. They don't have to do it when they know they're his best option if they don't. I guess draft picks would be nice but the Knicks have all the leverage here.
    Boozers a bum, but he's a bum with an expiring contract and that's a huge deal when Boozer and Stoudemire would come off the books at the same time. The trade would assuredly include both Boozer and Dunleavy. If Carmello said he wanted to sign with Chicago, they would amnesty Boozer immediately and send Dunleavy anywhere for a future 2nd round pick. Anthony could sign a 4 year deal worth 65-70 million and Anthony could play with a core of Rose, Taj, Noah and Butler.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Boozers a bum, but he's a bum with an expiring contract and that's a huge deal when Boozer and Stoudemire would come off the books at the same time. The trade would assuredly include both Boozer and Dunleavy. If Carmello said he wanted to sign with Chicago, they would amnesty Boozer immediately and send Dunleavy anywhere for a future 2nd round pick. Anthony could sign a 4 year deal worth 65-70 million and Anthony could play with a core of Rose, Taj, Noah and Butler.
    Why would the Knicks do that though? Then have all that room to sign who in 2015 with no Melo? They're gonna have that room anyway when Amare and Bargnani come off the books next year plus they'll have Melo to build around instead of building from nothing.

Sounds great for the Bulls though.

I get Melo could say he wants to sign with the Bulls and they may lose him but NY knows he's not gonna give up all that money with no sign and trade.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

I wish Melo would sign in Chicago.....they won't be any better with him and I won't have to see him in as many highlights. The guy will never be a winner.

meader99

Why would the Knicks do that though? Then have all that room to sign who in 2015 with no Melo? They're gonna have that room anyway when Amare and Bargnani come off the books next year plus they'll have Melo to build around instead of building from nothing.

Sounds great for the Bulls though.

I get Melo could say he wants to sign with the Bulls and they may lose him but NY knows he's not gonna give up all that money with no sign and trade.
    Who are the Knicks going to put around Anthony to make that team better? Melo knows he can make more money in NY, but for what, to waste the rest of his career losing?

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Who are the Knicks going to put around Anthony to make that team better? Melo knows he can make more money in NY, but for what, to waste the rest of his career losing?
    Well you prove my point for NY. If there's no one to put around Melo in 2015, then why would NY go on without him and have no one out there to sign. There are some good players that will be FA's though. Who knows what happens with Love, he probably isn't still around but maybe. Guys like Marc Gasol, Rondo, Millsap, Jefferson, B. Lopez, Aldridge. They could add two pieces and have a decent squad. You never know, they need a draft pick to step up...basically Hardaway JR since they haven't had many picks.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    I wish Melo would sign in Chicago.....they won't be any better with him and I won't have to see him in as many highlights. The guy will never be a winner.
    Your crazy if you think the bulls wont be better with him.
    Last edited by bigtymer56; 07-11-14 at 07:17 PM.

meader99

Well you prove my point for NY. If there's no one to put around Melo in 2015, then why would NY go on without him and have no one out there to sign. There are some good players that will be FA's though. Who knows what happens with Love, he probably isn't still around but maybe. Guys like Marc Gasol, Rondo, Millsap, Jefferson, B. Lopez, Aldridge. They could add two pieces and have a decent squad. You never know, they need a draft pick to step up...basically Hardaway JR since they haven't had many picks.
    I understand the Knick objective, but Anthony believes in his heart that he's not winning in NY, especially if the Cavs pull off the Love deal. Chicago gives him the best chance at a title, if that's what he wants. If he wants the money, then he can stay in NY and finish his career with 0 rings. Anthony can force a sign and trade if he wants. He just has to tell Phil he's going to Chicago.

Cuse0323

Best chance for a title next year but I still think NY will be fine once the books open up and Phil gets shit in order. By the end of his 5 year deal, I bet Melo at least makes a final.

Who else can score on Chicago? And who knows what Rose shows up. Chicago fans feel like they're the only place he can win at but same old argument I've been having. He will sign in NY and we can move on.

meader99

Best chance for a title next year but I still think NY will be fine once the books open up and Phil gets shit in order. By the end of his 5 year deal, I bet Melo at least makes a final.

Who else can score on Chicago? And who knows what Rose shows up. Chicago fans feel like they're the only place he can win at but same old argument I've been having. He will sign in NY and we can move on.
    With a 2nd scorer added it sure makes it a lot easier for Taj, Noah and Butler to score. Anthony is better suited to play Robin. He can do that in Chicago and play on the best defensive team in the league. The only way Anthony makes the Finals in NY is if a lot of stars retire or get hurt.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He will stay in New York because there is no pressure on them

He is expected to lose their

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He will stay in New York because there is no pressure on them

He is expected to lose their
    And lose he will.

Cuse0323

NBA fans are the best...this guy would be great on my team but will suck on another. We want him but if he doesn't come, he will never win.

meader99

NBA fans are the best...this guy would be great on my team but will suck on another. We want him but if he doesn't come, he will never win.
    Its the difference between one team being a piece away from a Championship and a team where Anthony is a one man show....He could win elsewhere, but if you want compare NY and Chicago, there really isn't a case to be made.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Rumor is he wants the Bulls but wants it through a S&T and the Knicks are playing hardball saying no. The behind the scenes stuff has got to be fascinating. High stakes poker. Knicks might think it's a bluff and he won't leave without a S&T so why should they agree. Carmelo just can't leave the money on the table, so unless the Knicks he'll (privately) grudgingly return.

123 Last