JeffTheShark
    JeffTheShark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    as bad as the environment was in NYC i could understand leaving then but not now. You got Phil in place. You got a new coach. You don't hear much about Dolan meddling. Carmelo has a chance to be idolized in a way no other basketball player will ever be if the Knicks can win a championship. It is a risk worth taking.

No chance in New York to win. Might as well come to Chicago where they are one offensive piece away from being a title contender.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Quote Originally Posted by JeffTheShark View Post
    No chance in New York to win. Might as well come to Chicago where they are one offensive piece away from being a title contender.
    of course the chance is slim. but that is why if it happens he will be idolized like no other champions has ever been.

JeffTheShark

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    of course the chance is slim. but that is why if it happens he will be idolized like no other champions has ever been.
    I honestly don't think Carmelo is even good enough to win in New York. They're so far away from a title that he'd be old by the time they got the foundation in place, even if things went correctly.

Carmelo would be wise to take advantage of his prime and join an elite coach (Thibs) and a solid defense and pray that Rose doesn't tear his ACL again.

cane
    cane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3110

It's now being widely reported that Wade just opted out. Bosh will soon follow. Then James, Wade, and Bosh will all re-sign for less money giving Riley and the Heat some financial flexibility to fill out the roster. Melo is not signing with Miami, there's no way he would leave that much money on the table.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Very stupid of Wade. He just took a huge pay cut.

cane

Quote Originally Posted by JeffTheShark View Post
    I honestly don't think Carmelo is even good enough to win in New York. They're so far away from a title that he'd be old by the time they got the foundation in place, even if things went correctly.

Carmelo would be wise to take advantage of his prime and join an elite coach (Thibs) and a solid defense and pray that Rose doesn't tear his ACL again.
    Let me guess, you're a Bulls fan.

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

The Heat will be back. They are all taking a paycut to get a FA. I'm hoping its not Lowry (Raps fan) and they got Napier, could be Melo.

Napier
    Wade
    Melo
    Bron
    Bosh

cane

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Very stupid of Wade. He just took a huge pay cut.
    In an era of greedy, money hungry athletes who go wherever they'll get paid the most money, here's a guy who's re-doing his deal to stay loyal to his original franchise, and take less money in the process, and he's getting criticized for it, I don't get it. Look at how much Kobe signed for, he's at the end of his career and instead of taking less like Wade he signed for the most he can get.
    Points Awarded:

Luckycharms2012 gave cane 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    The show is over in Miami ...next season the stands will be packed with 3800 fans each game
    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

best and most accurate post in thread

Why James would go back their is beyond belief
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell88 View Post
    so sick of the heat blow the whole team up get rid of them all, mix it up NBA you are boring
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    they are weak people.

you win 2 championships and make it all the way to the Finals again and then you just give up on your team and your city?

Bitch ass black guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Perhaps Wade and Bosh to the Hornets?
    Tough to get anymore clueless than this...

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

So with all the opt-outs, Heat have an NBA record $55 million in cap space

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Lebron should leave the heat at the alter and head to clipper land. He wouldn't have to handle the ball, rebound, or go to the post. Lebron, cp3, and Blake would easily win the next two championships. The best player, a top 3 pg, and the most improved player on the same team plus lebron could shit on Kobe 4 times a year and keep the lakers from making the playoffs. What a dramatic two years that would be. The heat would be in the lottery next year.

Luckycharms2012

At first I thought the Heat were going for Lowry, but after I heard Haslem opted out and now they're trying to move Norris Cole $2 million contract, it's obvious they're clearing room to bring in a near max player, that's Melo for sure. Wade will probably take the biggest pay cut. Melo to Heat, I'd bet money on it.

JeffTheShark

People aren't respecting the fact that Wade and Bosh opted out to accept less money because it is a joke and a huge problem with the NBA.

Technically, the 5 best players in the NBA could opt out for less money, sign with one team, and then win 10 straight championships and make all of the money they're losing out on with endorsement deals from being known as guys with 10 straight NBA championships.

You may think that is worthy of praise, but really, it is just a different kind of greed. A greed driven by undeserved personal glory at the sake of the integrity of the NBA as a league.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mac4Lyfe

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9269

Please no big four.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Wade and Bosh still think you're superstars

Both would struggle to play on the San Antonio Spurs

mw00
    mw00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

gotta think there's some backroom handshake between wade and riley that he's gonna resign him and restructure his contract to sign another player. no way he's dumb to think he can get a better deal considering the injuries and performance past year or so.

jjgold

Wade lucky to play once a week next year

Why Wouid yuk watch guy like that

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Thing about the NBA is that alot of different teams dont win chips like in other sports, these days the "stars" arnt patient like the old days to build winners. Look over the history of the Nba, not alot of different teams win chips, alot of b2b even 3 peats. Not the type of parity of other leagues so you have guys listening to the media and looking at the past thinking a ring has to define them. Heat about to get a big time name prob still no big, rebounding will always kill them.

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18785

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    No one has ever won a championship without another superstar on the team, maybe Dirk. Lebron is the next closest to doing so. People cannot think for themselves anymore. Everyone thinks there is three superstars on this team because the media has dubbed them the "big 3". Bosh was never a superstar, he was simply the best player on the Raptors and thus had inflated numbers. Wade hasn't been in his prime in years. There is no "Big 3" in Miami. There's Lebron and some really nice supporting players. There's not even a second superstar on this team. There's no Pippen for Jordan, No Kobe for Shaq, No Magic for Kareem, No McHale for Bird, No Parker for Duncan. And yet the man has still won two championships. He'd have four rings right now if he had a Robin.

So anyone thinking Lebron can only win with other stars is dead wrong. Lebron has never played with anyone as good as those guys listed above.

But even if he chose to play with other superstars, he isn't the first.

He's just the easiest to hate on, because the media is telling you too. Think for yourselves.
    Good post, pretty much agree. Wade and Bosh were both needed to win their titles, but Wade will have to reinvent himself and have a different role since he isn't the same. Not to say he couldn't help. 04 Pistons had one of the best defenses ever when they added Rasheed Wallace late season. No one player does it by himself, and James has no other superstars in Miami at this point.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

It's mind blowing that a lot of posters believe James, Wade, Bosh will all be back in Miami. I think the chemistry is over. Once James decides to go on a new team... Bosh will probably go to a different team... and Wade might be leaving Miami as well. I don't see why he would stay unless... management keeps one star in Miami in an amazing one year deal etc.

We were entertained for a few years with this 3 headed horse. The horse is now dead. Greed killed him. End of story.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Big Bear is basically the new ttwarrior. Too ignorant to know he is being laughed at, not with. Catching up to jj in posting nonsense.

LT Profits

s
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    It's mind blowing that a lot of posters believe James, Wade, Bosh will all be back in Miami. I think the chemistry is over. Once James decides to go on a new team... Bosh will probably go to a different team... and Wade might be leaving Miami as well. I don't see why he would stay unless... management keeps one star in Miami in an amazing one year deal etc.

We were entertained for a few years with this 3 headed horse. The horse is now dead. Greed killed him. End of story.
    The ONLY reason Wade would opt out would be because he knows the Big 3 are coming back and it will now be a Big 4 as they would take pay cuts to make room for one big free agent. Wade must know that he probably would not get what was due him this year in free agency.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

Greed did not kill them..Wade and Boh did plus played one of greatest teams of all times in Spurs

LT Profits

People keep talking in the past tense as if the Big 3 are breaking up. Meanwhile, everyone is figuring out the best way how to structure their contracts to come back to Miami to leave room to become a Big 4.

jjgold

I don't think Anthony is going down there

If he does will that get them over the top??

Yes they will be -800 to get to the finals but will they win a title?

It would be extreme pressure on all of them

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

Lowry would be a huge catch for the Heat.

Luckycharms2012

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I don't think Anthony is going down there

If he does will that get them over the top??

Yes they will be -800 to get to the finals but will they win a title?

It would be extreme pressure on all of them
    With Melo the Heat win a title for sure. Spurs wing and PG mismatches are immediately gone. Wade on Parker, Melo on Green, Lebron on Leonard, that's way better than Chalmers on Parker, Wade on Green, LeBron on Leonard, Green and Parker were killing the Heat. That gives Spo tons of options and you still have Ray Allen and Napier.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Quote Originally Posted by Luckycharms2012 View Post
    With Melo the Heat win a title for sure. Spurs wing and PG mismatches are immediately gone. Wade on Parker, Melo on Green, Lebron on Leonard, that's way better than Chalmers on Parker, Wade on Green, LeBron on Leonard, Green and Parker were killing the Heat. That gives Spo tons of options and you still have Ray Allen and Napier.
    You are implying that Dwyane Wade can guard Tony Parker. Are you fukking kidding me? Parker will absolutely bury them on the pick and roll. If they double Spurs have wide open shooters. They will be better offensively no doubt but when the ball gets on Melo hands they die. He doesn't move. He will either dribble and shoot OR shoot straight up.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

I wish it were otherwise, but the Hear will retain all three of these guys.

The problem for them, in my humble opinion, is that if they sign Melo they will not be in any better position to win another title. Melo is not a winner, he is a black hole and will only take shots away from others.

If they want to win they need to find a true ball handler and a guy that WANTS to take the big shot. That guy is Lowry. He is an actual leader and that is what they need. Unlike Bosh and unlike the 2014 version of Wade, Lowry gets better when the games get tougher. They also need somebody with size and much better depth.

Now, the great thing is.....that they won't see it, they are blind. Also, I want Lowry in Toronto, and I believe that he will stay. They have a great young core and they genuinely like one another......

prediction: Melo to the Heat and another finals loss next year.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 170

Very true about a fading Wade. If I was Lebron I would tell Wade to opt out and leave. Then get Lowry and Melo.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    I wish it were otherwise, but the Hear will retain all three of these guys.

The problem for them, in my humble opinion, is that if they sign Melo they will not be in any better position to win another title. Melo is not a winner, he is a black hole and will only take shots away from others.

If they want to win they need to find a true ball handler and a guy that WANTS to take the big shot. That guy is Lowry. He is an actual leader and that is what they need. Unlike Bosh and unlike the 2014 version of Wade, Lowry gets better when the games get tougher. They also need somebody with size and much better depth.

Now, the great thing is.....that they won't see it, they are blind. Also, I want Lowry in Toronto, and I believe that he will stay. They have a great young core and they genuinely like one another......

prediction: Melo to the Heat and another finals loss next year.
    There's only so many shots to go around. The question is "who do you want taking them". Granted having Anthony as a good #2 option will create some mismatches but I'm with you, I don't think it puts them over the top.

They need to get deeper and better on defense, IMO. Basically, imitate the Spurs. They also meed to find a way to get rid of Wade's contract, either by having him take a much lesser amount or trade him. They're gonna end up with a Kobe Bryant situation in Miami where they've got too much money tied up in the past and not the future.

And all the props to Miami. They've had a great 4 years. They're just not gonna be the same team next year that they were 3 years ago. This happens to all tue great teams, eventually they're just not as good. Happens to the best teams and players. Will soon happen to the Spurs and that shouldn't diminish who they were, it's just time catching up with them.
    Last edited by The Kraken; 06-29-14 at 05:49 PM.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

This miami team is done. they cannot win a championship even if they added another superstar cause two of the three stars they have now suck, and will suck more next year. best scenario would have been to rid wade, bosh, and most of the current roster, get the other superstar, and revamp the lineup. how do the heat figure out to make up about 20 + pt margin they lost by in the finals?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    s

The ONLY reason Wade would opt out would be because he knows the Big 3 are coming back and it will now be a Big 4 as they would take pay cuts to make room for one big free agent. Wade must know that he probably would not get what was due him this year in free agency.
    I will wager anyone right now 1000 betpoints that AT LEAST 1 out of the 3 (James, Bosh, Wade) will not return to the Miami Heat during the 2014-2015 season.

jjgold

I don't get why James wants to play with Wade and bosh still

Cleveland roster just is good as Miami minus James

Many think James is a pussy and just returning to get the most money and then will be no pressure anymore because the other guys are washed up. And not expected to win

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Why would Wade opt out of a guaranteed contract worth so much if he wasn't 100% sure he'd be getting a contract worth at least that much?
    Wade isn't worth near what Miami is paying him.

First 123 Last