babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betting 1st half of "Tank" teams

Just putting this out there. Betting Boston/Milwaukee to cover the 1st half line is MUCH more advisable than betting either to cover the actual full side. With the lines swelling, look for first half value in the tank type teams (whoever you think they are---for me, it's the C's and Bucks until their draft position is secure). The Celtics/Hawks matchup today is a good example. I'll go further with this if you'd like me to expand.

fearless
    fearless's Avatar Become A Pro!

IMHO, you might as well bet black or white at a roulette table. You never know what you're gonna get in any way shape or form.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

You mean "Black or Red" don't you rainbow. .. The real sick part is that you will turn green if you play it that way Baba.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

BBD, I won't be playing the games that way. My point is this: lines are inflated because Vegas is finally catching on to the whole "teams are tanking SEVERELY" and what you're getting is some good 24 minute efforts from tanking teams. I don;t advise playing that way. in fact, at this point of the season, I think betting on the teams that actually HAVE something to play for is the only way to go. That said, I'm keeping an eye on the "reverse standings" because some teams have lottery position to play for. I've made an ass-load betting against Milwaukee the past few weeks, even managing to stay away from the MIL/Boston debacle.