TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

He will go play overseas

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Bulls doing their due diligence. Noah has been recruiting him since all star weekend. Rose reached out to him and apparently Thibs has contacted some of his former coaches for input. It seems the entire Bulls organization is on board with bringing him in. Melo holds all the cards. He can still get a max deal by "forcing" a sign and trade, but he'd be much smarter just going to Chicago via free agency, taking less money and keeping the Bulls virtually intact.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

If Rose can come back, then they add Melo along with Butler, Gibson and Noah. I love that core. Also with the 16th and 19th picks in the draft to add a shooter at the two spot maybe. If James Young slips to 16, that would be perfect IMO. Something like Rose/Butler/Melo/Gibson/Noah with Young off the bench. Get rid of Boozer and bring in a PG or combo guard in free agency. They also could draft someone like Ennis to back up Rose, if not a shooter. Warren may be there as well but they would have the 3/4 spot locked up pretty well already with Melo.

A lot of options for the Bulls but adding Melo and having the two picks gives them a great chance at building something special.

D.J. Augustin is decent too if keep him, maybe bring in a player like Patty Mills. I hope Melo goes to the Bulls the more I look at their situation, much better chance at winning than with the Knicks.

TwoWays

Rose fckn' sucks now. Guy is still a volume shooter without the explosiveness he used to have. you'd think with all that time off last year he'd learn to shoot a decent shot but nope. Trade his ass for a second round pick. As matter of fact, trade him and his big mouth brother for some arena dogs.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Rose fckn' sucks now. Guy is still a volume shooter without the explosiveness he used to have. you'd think with all that time off last year he'd learn to shoot a decent shot but nope. Trade his ass for a second round pick. As matter of fact, trade him and his big mouth brother for some arena dogs.
    You obviously haven't heard or seen of Rose recently.
    Typical uninformed sports "fan" blabbering on like an idiot.

TwoWays

The best player on the bulls was deng, the one they let go. shoulda kept deng, paid him the max, and gotten rid of rose and his jump shot clankers, cause that's all you're going to see next season til he goes down do to injury again.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

The best player on the bulls was deng, the one they let go. shoulda kept deng, paid him the max, and gotten rid of rose and his jump shot clankers, cause that's all you're going to see next season til he goes down do to injury again.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Is that why the Bulls started winning when they traded Deng? Is that why he rescued Cleveland? Is that why teams are tripping over themselves to give him big money? Deng is a role player and not getting any younger.

As for Rose, you don't know and neither do I. Anyone who claims certainty that Rose will suck or get hurt or claims certainty that he'll be a star again....both are guessing. Only time will tell.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    If Rose can come back, then they add Melo along with Butler, Gibson and Noah. I love that core. Also with the 16th and 19th picks in the draft to add a shooter at the two spot maybe. If James Young slips to 16, that would be perfect IMO. Something like Rose/Butler/Melo/Gibson/Noah with Young off the bench. Get rid of Boozer and bring in a PG or combo guard in free agency. They also could draft someone like Ennis to back up Rose, if not a shooter. Warren may be there as well but they would have the 3/4 spot locked up pretty well already with Melo.

A lot of options for the Bulls but adding Melo and having the two picks gives them a great chance at building something special.

D.J. Augustin is decent too if keep him, maybe bring in a player like Patty Mills. I hope Melo goes to the Bulls the more I look at their situation, much better chance at winning than with the Knicks.
    Bulls won't pick 2 players, might not even pick 1. Also, don't forget Mirotic, if they're still able to bring him over this offseason if Anthony gets a contract.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I don't know where he's going to end up... but I agree... he's very talented and fun to watch. He's not championship material. Good for him though... hope he gets the biggest contract in NBA History.

TwoWays

when it comes to deng you know. but when it comes to rose you don't know. lol, oh what the heart wants. i remember bulls doing fine without rose, mmmm.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Bulls won't pick 2 players, might not even pick 1. Also, don't forget Mirotic, if they're still able to bring him over this offseason if Anthony gets a contract.
    Will the draft picks be included in a sign and trade with Melo? I haven't paid much attention to what needs to happen for him to go to Chicago.

I've heard the rumors of trading the picks and maybe Mirotic for Aaron Afflalo. I love Afflalo's game, so sign me up for that. Rose/Afflalo/Melo/Gibson/Noah.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Will the draft picks be included in a sign and trade with Melo? I haven't paid much attention to what needs to happen for him to go to Chicago.

I've heard the rumors of trading the picks and maybe Mirotic for Aaron Afflalo. I love Afflalo's game, so sign me up for that. Rose/Afflalo/Melo/Gibson/Noah.
    Would be good, but I don't think the numbers can add up. If Bulls keep 16 and 19 they have to pay two rookie scale contracts. Bulls can free that up either by trading the picks or moving up or picking a eurostash. Unlikely the Bulls keep two rookies. I don't think Bulls want to trade Mirotic. Maybe only if Love is involved.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

when it comes to deng you know. but when it comes to rose you don't know. lol, oh what the heart wants. i remember bulls doing fine without rose, mmmm.
    Yeah because we can see what Deng is. He's not going to get better at this stage. I respect the guy but he's a role player. I'll take wait and see with Rose. Reports are that he's back, but it's impossible to know.

Cuse0323

Would be good, but I don't think the numbers can add up. If Bulls keep 16 and 19 they have to pay two rookie scale contracts. Bulls can free that up either by trading the picks or moving up or picking a eurostash. Unlikely the Bulls keep two rookies. I don't think Bulls want to trade Mirotic. Maybe only if Love is involved.
    Gotcha...does seem rough to keep all the pieces and make it work money wise. That's the main reason I think Melo stays in NY. As much as he wants to win, they can give him the most and in one year they will have the cap space to add two big name players.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

if its about the cash, he will stay in nyc
    but currently, he wants to see what other teams plans are with him
    nobody should have a problem with that

meader99

Bulls were offering Boozer and a first round pick for Anthony. Might be in the Knicks best interest to take that as they would get Boozers expiring contract and a pick in this years 1st round, which they currently do not have. Melo gets more money and goes to a Championship caliber team without gutting it, like when he got traded to New York.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Bulls were offering Boozer and a first round pick for Anthony. Might be in the Knicks best interest to take that as they would get Boozers expiring contract and a pick in this years 1st round, which they currently do not have. Melo gets more money and goes to a Championship caliber team without gutting it, like when he got traded to New York.
    Yes, my hunch is that when all is said and done everyone will get what they want:
    - Carmelo gets his $
    - Bulls get Carmelo without losing Taj
    - Knicks get assets

I think they will do a sign-and-trade with Carmelo in exchange for Boozer, Dunleavy, a few expiring contracts PLUS the rights to Nikola Mirotic, either the #16 or #19 this year and Sacramento's future top 10 protected pick. Boozer and Dunleavy come off the books after this season and the Knicks have all kinds of flexibility with a great asset like Mirotic another pick and a 1st rounder this year that they need and will use to give Fisher a young PG he can work with -- like Tyler Ennis or Elfrid Payton.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Anthony would rot in ny if he signs

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11090

I dont think the money can keep him in ny. I think only phil and the aura of those 11 rings can keep him there

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    I dont think the money can keep him in ny. I think only phil and the aura of those 11 rings can keep him there
    LOL come on. If he stays in NY it's not for winning, it's for $$ and LaLa.

jjgold

Only reason he stays is money because knicks have zero sot even to finish 500

Melo never about winning

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Maybe if Phil were coaching it would make a difference, but the guy is 30 and next season is wasted staying in NY.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Maybe if Phil were coaching it would make a difference, but the guy is 30 and next season is wasted staying in NY.
    makes no difference who the coach is
    their team stinks

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11090

When Phil speaks people listen

jjgold

Even with Anthony the Knicks lucky to go 42 and 40

Guy is a loser

cane
    cane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3110

Yahoo sports is reporting the Knicks and Mavs are close to a trade that would send Tyson Chandler and Ray Felton to Dallas for Jose Calderon, Shane Larkin, and Sam Dalembert. I don't know if this means Melo is more likely to re-sign in NY or not.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by cane View Post
    Yahoo sports is reporting the Knicks and Mavs are close to a trade that would send Tyson Chandler and Ray Felton to Dallas for Jose Calderon, Shane Larkin, and Sam Dalembert. I don't know if this means Melo is more likely to re-sign in NY or not.
    I don't either, but it's not like that trade makes the Knicks better.

First 12