Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

I think Pat Riley wimped out on Lebron speech

He publicly challenged the "players" to stay together, to get a grip and have guts. To not "run outta the first door if you have guts." Who is he talking to? The 5 scrubs who are up for renewal that he is going to pass on? Wade who needs the regular season off and could be replaced by Love or Melo?Bosh who already said on day 1 he is staying? He is calling out Lebron and putting the pressure on him. But then when he's asked Lebron questions he says well Lebron is a winner and his things manifest in different ways. What the hell does that mean? He knows Lebron signing is all that matters. If LBJ signs and Wade doesn't it would be a gift.

He sounded desperate and like this is his last preemptive shot. He's calling Lebron out for not having guts and heading for the exit but when asked is saying LBJ will think it over and do the right thing. Lebron is as good as gone IMO. He will get a kick out of the idea of a finals team minus him missing the playoffs while taking another team to the finals.

Also Wade will almost certainly opt in for his last 20 million since its the last 20 mill per he is gonna see. So LBJ leaves and at best you have a busted Wade and Bosh if you dont get a free agent. Even if he could trade Wade he is stuck with him as a Heat lifer especially after challenging him to stay. Heat could very well miss the playoffs next year with just Bosh playing most of the regular season.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

The Heat told Lebron to take a pay cut and it is not sitting well with him

z-doggie
    yo dog ,,i am the ish...
    z-doggie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1981

not sure these guys wanna keep playing for less money when they could get more...

They got a couple of championships ...I think they want to get paid as much as possible now...

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by z-doggie View Post
    not sure these guys wanna keep playing for less money when they could get more...

They got a couple of championships ...I think they want to get paid as much as possible now...

I don't think Lebron has a problem with money. He's making far more from endorsements than he will from any NBA team.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    I don't think Lebron has a problem with money. He's making far more from endorsements than he will from any NBA team.
    Michael Jordan didn't have a problem with money but still wanted 30 million a year..... players still want that money

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Wade is breaking down...there's no way if I was Lebron I would be listening to the snake oil that Riley would be pitching right now. There wasn't anyone on that team besides Birdman that was putting up a fight and that includes Bosh or anyone else. That entire roster was a trainwreck and it needs to be overhauled and one season isn't going to get it done. If Lebron thinks bringing in Melo is the answer, no way! He saw that Miami needs a roster...the Spurs came at them in waves, and Miami's bench was powerless to stop them. As bad as it may sound, Lebron's only decision is to leave as soon as possible, there are better roster's elsewhere.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    Michael Jordan didn't have a problem with money but still wanted 30 million a year..... players still want that money
    Yea but he made them more money in tickets, merchandise and TV than they could cut him in on. That and he still won championships and didnt bitch about the roster. Kobe may never see the court again, got off the carts money, and is still bitching about getting help on the court from the people he just robbed.
    The Heat told Lebron to take a pay cut and it is not sitting well with him

Yea that makes sense. What do they care if they if they are in a Heat Jersey or another right? Play together elsewhere or with another 3 headed monster for an owner that wants to pay and is hungry for a banner or jersey sales. Add Lebron and Bosh to Phili, Chicago, Cleveland or even a Melo-less NY and youre back in the East finals against the Spurs.

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

how much more can he make.. shoes.. his own sprite flavor.. beats by dre..

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

Quote Originally Posted by kmarinouofm View Post
    Lebron always said he wanted to be the first billionaire athlete ....he want it all

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

Quote Originally Posted by kmarinouofm View Post
    If a company wanted to pay you ten mil more to work for them would you? It was understandable that he took a pay cut to get his first ring but now he has it why stay at miami anymore, hes work load is going to be big with wade gone and bosh sucking

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Bleacher report article on why Wade has to opt in and in turn handcuff the Heat and likely break up the three.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

Wade not giving up 41 million..lmaoooo

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Isn't Jordan one of the first players to take a paycut so he can afford competent teammates?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Pretty safe to say any team LeBron pics will get to the finals

Even the Brooklyn Nets would be an excellent place to play

Billy good analysis of Pat Riley and the Miami Heat . Pat has always been a phony and it's all about him it always has been.

meader99

I don't think the Bucks get to the Finals with Lebron...... That may be the only team in the East that wouldn't win it by adding Lebron.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Isn't Jordan one of the first players to take a paycut so he can afford competent teammates?
    Jordan never took a pay cut

meader99

Jordan never took a pay cut
    He didn't have to. At 30 million for his last season with Chicago, he was a bargain.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

I think Lebron should play on a different team every year until he retires

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    MJ never made more than 4 million a year from the Bulls until his final 2 seasons with the team. In the 96-97 season he made 30 million and in 97-98 he made 33 million. If you totaled his salary in all years prior to 1996, he didn't hit 30 million. I'd say the Bulls made out pretty well.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Pretty safe to say any team LeBron pics will get to the finals

Even the Brooklyn Nets would be an excellent place to play

Billy good analysis of Pat Riley and the Miami Heat . Pat has always been a phony and it's all about him it always has been.
    Thanks JJ. I never trust a guy who has a hard shell hair.

Can the Nets take on someone? I thought they were capped out.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nets are tight ..Lebron would have to take massive pay cut

Bulls are best scenario for Lebron or Carmello as they are set up to win and kid of built for playoffs if Rose is pretty healthy

Time will tell if LEbron and Melo really want to win or just make money with no pressure and stay on their respective teams and lose