farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Melo, Howard & harden

That would be a dope big three.... Dwight Howard seriously killed it last years playoffs hate the guy all you want but he was looking like the Howard from his magic days... Harden & Howard always come up small in the big moements but melo could be the guy on this team. You have a dominant post presence and a side kick in harden who can drop 30 any night. Chandler parsons off the bench as your sixth man and prolly have to get rid of asik & Lin some how.

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

And they'd still lose. No defense.

cane
    cane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3110

Quote Originally Posted by James Marques View Post
    And they'd still lose. No defense.
    Exactly. Having Harden and Melo on the same team wouldn't work, neither plays any defense. To me the perfect fit for Melo would be Chicago. The Bulls are always one of the best defensive teams every year, they're main problem is a lack of offense. Melo fits their needs perfectly, and since the Bulls already have enough guys who defend, Melo wouldn't have to worry about his defense so much.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by cane View Post
    Exactly. Having Harden and Melo on the same team wouldn't work, neither plays any defense. To me the perfect fit for Melo would be Chicago. The Bulls are always one of the best defensive teams every year, they're main problem is a lack of offense. Melo fits their needs perfectly, and since the Bulls already have enough guys who defend, Melo wouldn't have to worry about his defense so much.
    The Bulls suffered through Boozer's lackluster defense, Carmello's wouldn't be any worse and he would obviously pack the offensive punch the Bulls are lacking. The Bulls really need him to opt out so they can sign him without losing anybody.

cane
    cane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3110

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    The Bulls suffered through Boozer's lackluster defense, Carmello's wouldn't be any worse and he would obviously pack the offensive punch the Bulls are lacking. The Bulls really need him to opt out so they can sign him without losing anybody.
    Yeah, the reason Chicago puts up with Boozer's lack of D is because they badly need his scoring, although in the fourth quarter when it's winning time, Boozer goes to the bench in favor of the better defender in Taj Gibson. If Rose can ever get healthy, (and that's a big if), pairing him with Melo and Noah, that would be the Heats biggest threat in the East imo.

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by cane View Post
    Yeah, the reason Chicago puts up with Boozer's lack of D is because they badly need his scoring, although in the fourth quarter when it's winning time, Boozer goes to the bench in favor of the better defender in Taj Gibson. If Rose can ever get healthy, (and that's a big if), pairing him with Melo and Noah, that would be the Heats biggest threat in the East imo.
    Absolutely makes the Bulls their biggest hurdle and with Thibs will have an edge in coaching. Latest report I read was a possible sign and trade with the Knicks getting Boozer and a 1st rounder....

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

Bulls need any kind of scoring they can get. Even with Rose healthy, they would still need more offensive weapons. Melo would help a lot, and I think Thibs could get him to buy into playing defense.

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Bulls need any kind of scoring they can get. Even with Rose healthy, they would still need more offensive weapons. Melo would help a lot, and I think Thibs could get him to buy into playing defense.
    I agree. Melo did show a desire to play defense while in Denver. He accepted the challenge of guarding Kobe in the WCF. Although they lost, his willingness to step up and guard the other teams best player showed that under the right leadership he will play both ends.