BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Lebron has single-handedly ruined the NBA. If the Heat get Carmelo I retire as a fan.

This piece of shit little pussie has ruined the NBA in a matter of 5 years now.

His cheating, scheming, tampering, has resulted in every single player to try and do the same shit. All because this little fukkin coward didn't want to run the risk of going any longer without winning a championship on his own in Cleveland.

He's the most selfish person in the history of the NBA, and that's quite a feat considering he has to beat out Kobe for that award.
    He's not an icon, shouldn't be a role model.
    He should be an example of what not to be in the NBA.
    A pussy, a coward, and a selfish little punk.
    PERIOD.

Here's an idea, lets throw out the other 28 teams in the league and just have a 4 team league full of nothing but All-stars, without having to spit in the faces of every single hard working franchise trying to form a winning basketball team legitimately for their city.

This shit is out of control.
    I really hope as Knicks fan they don't re-sign Melo, I like him but he's got to go if the Knicks wants to form a winning team, but if he leaves and goes to the Heat the NBA has to step in and do something.

Teams get all sorts of fines and punishments for cheating, why shouldn't him and the Heat be included?
    The NBA has given them a free pass through all this shit.
    Countless players took minimum contract, THE BIG 3 cheaters all took less money.
    Ray Allen took 15 million less in a 2 year contract!!!!

Can't wait to see the Spurs hoist that trophy up later this week.
    The fact that Lebron and the Heat will have played 4 years together and only won 2 championships is a complete failure and underachievement.

25 years from now, all you will hear is how Lebron changed/ruined free agency forever, and how he buried the league. No one will give 2 shits about the few measly rings he won after cheating it up to form a team because he couldn't handle the pressure of winning one on the up and up.

The NBA is a fukkin joke.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 8 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BCC585, gauchojake, upscope, Kermit, Mikail, nic9212, hurricane1091, and oldscho0led

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

bingo

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

lebron should be in cleveland. D. Howard should be in orlando. K. Love should stay in Minny. Melo should be in NY. but money talks and stature and publicity matters to these guys.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Been happening over the last 20 years, nothing new.

Barkley/Drexler/Olajuwon in 1996
    Barkley/Pippen/Olajuwon in 1999
    Kobe/Shaq/Malone/Payton in 2004
    Garnett/Pierce/Allen in 2008
    Kobe/Howard/Nash/Gasol in 2012

Yeah, you can say those teams were created by the front office, I see no difference.

I don't understand all the hate. I remember for years fans used to complain about players because they only wanted to get max contracts and get rich.

Now that some of these players want to win rings fans complain about that too?
    Points Awarded:

R.P. McMurphy gave convick 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Conqueror gave convick 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Eejit, and 4TH AND STUPID

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

no hope for these small market teams at this point. Suck for several years, finally draft a player that is a difference maker and lose him in free agency when his contract is up, rinse and repeat and hope to get some free agents at some point as well. 32 teams is indeed too much at least 8 teams should be gotten rid of and the league dropped to 24 teams.

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

I agree but what can be done to stop players taking pay cuts to play together? I mean the NBA loves these super teaMs. There was an article on ESPN this morning and all 5 analysts said Carmelo joining the Heat would be GREAT for the league.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

League doing well so fans must like it

Super teams don't win easy

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    I agree but what can be done to stop players taking pay cuts to play together? I mean the NBA loves these super teaMs. There was an article on ESPN this morning and all 5 analysts said Carmelo joining the Heat would be GREAT for the league.
    He would kill that team. Wade is done and I dont see how they beat anyone coming out of the west in the near future. Makes for a great team to root against but playing in the weak East they wont be able to handle the best in the West. I hate playing the could have, if and buts game.... but the Heat super team is a Ray Allen miracle 3 from possibly going 1-3 in the Finals as a group.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    no hope for these small market teams at this point. Suck for several years, finally draft a player that is a difference maker and lose him in free agency when his contract is up, rinse and repeat and hope to get some free agents at some point as well. 32 teams is indeed too much at least 8 teams should be gotten rid of and the league dropped to 24 teams.
    This

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post

Yeah, you can say those teams were created by the front office, I see no difference.

I don't understand all the hate. I remember for years fans used to complain about players because they only wanted to get max contracts and get rich.

All examples of players well past their prime. The James situation is far different.
    Points Awarded:

BennyBigNuts gave I/O 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BennyBigNuts

easyliving

how many of those combinations won championships? Only one is the 08 Celtics and they were all aging. The 1 thing all these examples have in common is usually aging players in hopes of winning a championship coming together, like the Mavericks team that won the title a few years back. Barkley, Malone, Payton, Nash were all after titles. The problem with the current big 3 is that they were all in their prime when they came together. And considering how weak the Eastern Conference is after the collapse of the Celtics their is no team that realistically has a chance of beating them in a 7 game series. It hasn't happened the past 4 seasons and if they stay together it isn't gonna happen for at least another 3 years.

I/O

Benner

As you state, the Heat may only win two. Even if they get a wayyy over rated Melo. This may be the best cure for the problem in the long run. The Heat will still have major holes (and different ones) if they get Melo by the time next season starts. Players may not look at this option so happily in the future.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    Again, been like that for 30+ years.

Just look at the Western Conference winners since 1999 - Spurs and Lakers have been to the Finals 13 of 16 years. Where is the parity in that? Mavs were able to sneak in twice and the only 'outsider' to breakthrough was OKC in 12. I guess this speaks more about the ownership, coaching and front office personnel in San Antonio and LA, but still..

spider
    spider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46953

if Melo joins them, they'll need two balls on court.

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

Difference between this team and those teams is these guys were young (all well under 30). Everyone was 32+ years old on all those other teams (Rockets, Lakers, Celtics)

BennyBigNuts

All of your examples are horrific in this instance.
    No one cheated, or schemed together those teams.
    Most of them traded shit-tons of picks and players to form them.
    There was no tampering, deal-making, scamming involved in any of those teams you mentioned.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: spider

spider
    spider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46953

here's an idea , Lecheat can play for $ 1 per year, and they can go after Durant, Love,
    and why not bring in Michael Jordan and Bill Russell.

easyliving

Again, been like that for 30+ years.

Just look at the Western Conference winners since 1999 - Spurs and Lakers have been to the Finals 13 of 16 years. Where is the parity in that? Mavs were able to sneak in twice and the only 'outsider' to breakthrough was OKC in 12. I guess this speaks more about the ownership, coaching and front office personnel in San Antonio and LA, but still..
    I guess you can compare it to the NFL where the AFC has consistently been dominated by the same teams, Patriots, Steelers, Peyton, Ravens while the NFC is a bit more wide open and any team can make a run. Until the Heat dominance the West was like the AFC with the same teams dominating year after year while the East was wide open with any team being able to make a run. Now with the emergence of the Heat theirs no longer a surprise factor. Similar situation in the NFL even before the season begins you know the Broncos and Patriots will be their come playoff time due to a lack of competition in the AFC. Perhpaps if Miami was in the Western Conference this would not be an issue.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Time is Money View Post
    Difference between this team and those teams is these guys were young (all well under 30). Everyone was 32+ years old on all those other teams (Rockets, Lakers, Celtics)
    Im talking about if Melo joins over the summer.

Bosh will be 31 before next playoffs.
    Wade will be 33.
    Anthony 30-31.
    JAmes will turn 30.

Allen/Garnet/Pierce were all 30-32. Dont see the difference.

Howard was 27-28, Gasol 31-32. Yeah, Kobe was 34 I think, he still had a decent year. We can all admit that team was a disaster. Lots of folks thought that team was a lock and it crashed and burned bad. I think a big three + Melo team would fail miserably, like that Lakers team. There are never any guarantees when you try to throw together a bunch of big ego all-stars.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you are a fan of the NBA

I got even a Lil better show for ya

it's called WWE..

Google it and you can thank me later

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Nba is fixed, that's obvious. Nba wants players in certain places, but players have the power

SharkAA
    SharkAA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6282

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    This piece of shit little pussie has ruined the NBA in a matter of 5 years now.

His cheating, scheming, tampering, has resulted in every single player to try and do the same shit. All because this little fukkin coward didn't want to run the risk of going any longer without winning a championship on his own in Cleveland.

He's the most selfish person in the history of the NBA, and that's quite a feat considering he has to beat out Kobe for that award.
    He's not an icon, shouldn't be a role model.
    He should be an example of what not to be in the NBA.
    A pussy, a coward, and a selfish little punk.
    PERIOD.

Here's an idea, lets throw out the other 28 teams in the league and just have a 4 team league full of nothing but All-stars, without having to spit in the faces of every single hard working franchise trying to form a winning basketball team legitimately for their city.

This shit is out of control.
    I really hope as Knicks fan they don't re-sign Melo, I like him but he's got to go if the Knicks wants to form a winning team, but if he leaves and goes to the Heat the NBA has to step in and do something.

Teams get all sorts of fines and punishments for cheating, why shouldn't him and the Heat be included?
    The NBA has given them a free pass through all this shit.
    Countless players took minimum contract, THE BIG 3 cheaters all took less money.

Can't wait to see the Spurs hoist that trophy up later this week.
    The fact that Lebron and the Heat will have played 4 years together and only won 2 championships is a complete failure and underachievement.

25 years from now, all you will hear is how Lebron changed/ruined free agency forever, and how he buried the league. No one will give 2 shits about the few measly rings he won after cheating it up to form a team because he couldn't handle the pressure of winning one on the up and up.

The NBA is a fukkin joke.
    Take a sedative and slowly re-read what you have wrote. If you won't recognize that 70% of your essay is total crap, then even God can't help you.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

If Olajuwon, Barkley and Drexler got together in 1991 that would make more sense in the context of the argument.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1818

Nba was ruined long time ago.

Stop watching it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: I/O, and BennyBigNuts

I/O

Melo is near the top of the list of athletes that will never win. Really win. Right next to guys like Iverson, Ichiro, TO. Don't care about the game or anything that was done before they were hatched. Don't care about "team". Won't change for the team or for winning. The game is suppose to be there to showcase them. It's easier for any opposition in any sport to play against these predictable "stars". They are a black whole. Absorbing all the productive energy and positive traits near them.....leaving nothing.

kayle163
    kayle163's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

Right on brother don't worry spurs win.

The Prick
    Make America Great
    The Prick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3625

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    Melo is near the top of the list of athletes that will never win. Really win. Right next to guys like Iverson, Ichiro, TO. Don't care about the game or anything that was done before they were hatched. Don't care about "team". Won't change for the team or for winning. The game is suppose to be there to showcase them. It's easier for any opposition in any sport to play against these predictable "stars". They are a black whole. Absorbing all the productive energy and positive traits near them.....leaving nothing.

add dwight howard

tony romo

would list more but i mighta over medicated the glaucoma

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    He's a loser. Always will be. I don't understand why Benny is so upset. He should be hoping Melo goes to the Heat so Lebron loses 2-3 more Finals. Melo is just another Vince Carter, T-Mac. All hype, score 25-30 pts a game, bunch of all-star game appearances and lose in the first round of the playoffs.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Lebron nut huggers are not gonna like this thread. Remember he is the best player on the planet and if u don't remember this u will hear it ten times tonight from the Lebron apologist. He has had his one big game this series and if history shows anything that is all he is gonna have. Somehow the media has fooled absolute clueless people that Lebron carried a terrible Cleveland team to the finals.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

eat a fat dikk you pussy!

BennyBigNuts

He's a loser. Always will be. I don't understand why Benny is so upset. He should be hoping Melo goes to the Heat so Lebron loses 2-3 more Finals. Melo is just another Vince Carter, T-Mac. All hype, score 25-30 pts a game, bunch of all-star game appearances and lose in the first round of the playoffs.
    If you READ my whole post, you see me say I hope the Knicks and Phil decide to let Melo walk. He's a great player but not going to win anything on this team.
    I am not mad at the Knicks.
    I am mad at the game of basketball for letting a piece of shit like Lebron do this to the NBA.
    It's pretty simple.
    I am mad because I can't stand watching their product anymore because of it.
    Whatever move Lebron makes next will involve him being a pussy yet again and scheming something together to put less pressure on himself, and not have to make him work as hard for it.
    It's why almost every old school player can't stand him, and will never get an ounce of respect when talked about being in their class as the greatest of all-time.

Guinser
    Guinser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

OP you are a stone cold moron. Just another guy hating on lebron. But hey they've got you making constant threads talking about them and you watching every game..so probably doing something right..

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post

15 mil less in a 2 year contract? Surely you know thats not correct.

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by Guinser View Post
    OP you are a stone cold moron. Just another guy hating on lebron. But hey they've got you making constant threads talking about them and you watching every game..so probably doing something right..
    Haven't watched one finals game yet.
    Good call dikkk.
    Keep gagging on Lebron's cok.
    You sound like an idiot.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Yeah, it's lebron's fault the NBA has bout 8 too many teams to begin with.

1234 Last