NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

A few questionable calls against the Spurs and a few no calls on the Heat players. Refs did a good job keeping Green, Leonard and Manu in foul trouble throughout the game. Refs earned their money tonight.
    Last edited by NardVa; 06-08-14 at 09:54 PM.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

refs did a poor job but spurs did nothing to help themselves missing 4 FTs in a row.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Anyone tease the Spurs +2.5 had to be loving that final shot...

Refs will make sure this series goes 7 games.

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

Joey Crawford will ref in Miami guaranteed and the Spurs will lose!

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    refs did a poor job but spurs did nothing to help themselves missing 4 FTs in a row.
    This was without a doubt the most critical part of the entire game.

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    When tthey missed those I knew it would kill them. But refs were fukd too

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Yes. The refs caused the Spurs to lose by calling a flagrant on the Heat and giving the Spurs four straight free throws all of which San Antonio missed.

Lol
    Points Awarded:

Git Lo gave BigDofBA 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Git Lo

mcdonae101

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Yes. The refs caused the Spurs to lose by calling a flagrant on the Heat and giving the Spurs four straight free throws all of which San Antonio missed.

Lol
    No, san anonio didn't help themselves, but refs were on heat side

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

spurs blew it end thread

daonlyplaya
    daonlyplaya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 882

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonae101 View Post
    No they weren't

cane
    cane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3110

Total fouls on the Spurs 20, total fouls on the Heat 20. Free throw attempts for the Spurs 20, free throw attempts for the Heat 21. The reason the Heat won tonight was because the best player in the league played like it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Goat Milk

jazzdrum78
    jazzdrum78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 306

Btw, that Parker out bounds play was a gift to Spurs. That could have been a huge controversy, if Ginobli sinks his ugly ass 3 there with 0.8 left.

So no refs did not favor Heat any more than Spurs.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by cane View Post
    Total fouls on the Spurs 20, total fouls on the Heat 20. Free throw attempts for the Spurs 20, free throw attempts for the Heat 21. The reason the Heat won tonight was because the best player in the league played like it.
    If you go by that you'll always miss it, you gotta watch the game and realize which players the fouls are being called on, what kind of fouls, and when the fouls are being called.

daonlyplaya

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    If you go by that you'll always miss it, you gotta watch the game and realize which players the fouls are being called on, what kind of fouls, and when the fouls are being called.
    I watched the full game and i thought spurs got more breaks from refs than heat

jazzdrum78
    jazzdrum78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 306

Quote Originally Posted by daonlyplaya View Post
    It was a wash .. the 4 missed FT was utterly shocking

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by daonlyplaya View Post
    I thought the Heat got away with alot of contact at times, also the refs will swallow that whistle at times when a team doesnt need a foul called. If they dont need the help then let em play.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Doesn't matter much what the refs did. Spurs made sure this series was tied 1-1 after tonight's game. On to the next one.

daonlyplaya

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdrum78 View Post
    It was a wash .. the 4 missed FT was utterly shocking
    i agree. This was what lost the game for the spurs

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

When Miami needed a call, they got it...and this is why when the refs interfere with Miami games on behalf of Miami, its not that obvious...there were no foul and or FT disparities in this game....but the few calls the Heat got were clearly "Heat Calls" The Heat are good enough to cease an opportunity when its given to them...unlike the Pacers. The only way the Pacers could win in game 5 back in the ECF was with Lebron NOT on the floor...

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdrum78 View Post
    Btw, that Parker out bounds play was a gift to Spurs. That could have been a huge controversy, if Ginobli sinks his ugly ass 3 there with 0.8 left.

So no refs did not favor Heat any more than Spurs.
    Exactly. Spurs got that call and the flagrant one on Chalmers.

Did the refs cause the Spurs to miss 4 straight free throws?

Did the refs make that three for Bosh?

Lol. I love to bash the refs but there has to be some basis.

Tonight wasn't fishy.

mcdonae101

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    When Miami needed a call, they got it...and this is why when the refs interfere with Miami games on behalf of Miami, its not that obvious...there were no foul and or FT disparities in this game....but the few calls the Heat got were clearly "Heat Calls" The Heat are good enough to cease an opportunity when its given to them...unlike the Pacers. The only way the Pacers could win in game 5 back in the ECF was with Lebron NOT on the floor...
    Even then it woulda been 50/50,lol

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    Bingo. Timing is everything.

cane

Other than Leonard fouling out, and he played bad anyway, no other Spur had more than 3 fouls, so going down the stretch, no one was in any foul trouble. I thought the refs let them play tonight on both ends, typically there would be more than 40 total fouls in a game. I thought the refs missed some calls on both ends.

jtoler

Other than Leonard fouling out, and he played bad anyway, no other Spur had more than 3 fouls, so going down the stretch, no one was in any foul trouble. I thought the refs let them play tonight on both ends, typically there would be more than 40 total fouls in a game. I thought the refs missed some calls on both ends.
    Well Leonard happens to be the guy guarding the king, so thats a huge plus, Green and Ginobili was in foul trouble very early, Green on the bench is huge, he seems to hit every damn time he shoots the ball.

mcdonae101

Lol, green had 2 fouls a minute into the game. I'm sure thatt had no affect on how first half played out

cane

Well Leonard happens to be the guy guarding the king, so thats a huge plus, Green and Ginobili was in foul trouble very early, Green on the bench is huge, he seems to hit every damn time he shoots the ball.
    Lebron was abusing Leonard tonight, that's partly why he was fouling him so much, even when he played good D, Lebron was scoring on him anyway, besides it's not like Leonard was shutting him down, and the refs took him out of the game with bad calls, he's still a young player who just didn't play well tonight.

cane

Lol, green had 2 fouls a minute into the game. I'm sure thatt had no affect on how first half played out
    No Green didn't have two fouls a minute into the game. He COMMITED two fouls a minute into the game. Should the refs not call a foul against him when they see one?

jtoler

Lebron was abusing Leonard tonight, that's partly why he was fouling him so much, even when he played good D, Lebron was scoring on him anyway, besides it's not like Leonard was shutting him down, and the refs took him out of the game with bad calls, he's still a young player who just didn't play well tonight.
    So youre saying some bad calls were called against Leonard?

jtoler

No Green didn't have two fouls a minute into the game. He COMMITED two fouls a minute into the game. Should the refs not call a foul against him when they see one?
    Thats the thing, they call them when they want to call them. Im sure he wasnt being anymore physical than alot of the Heat players on many plays. Fouls are subjective.

cane

So youre saying some bad calls were called against Leonard?
    No, I see where what I posted is confusing. It didn't come out how I meant it. When Leonard got into foul trouble, Lebron was scoring on him at will, I could understand your point if Leonard was playing well, and playing solid D on Lebron, but that wasn't the case, Leonard didn't play well on either end of the floor tonight, so the fact that he had to sit out due to foul trouble didn't hurt the Spurs because he was playing poorly anyway.

jtoler

Ok I got ya.

cane

Thats the thing, they call them when they want to call them. Im sure he wasnt being anymore physical than alot of the Heat players on many plays. Fouls are subjective.
    I agree, a lot of times fouls are subjective, and tonight Danny Green happened to pick up a couple of early ones, I mean it's not like Duncan got into foul trouble, it's Danny Green for Christsakes. In game one, Chalmers was in foul trouble the whole damn game, so what, tonight it was Green, next game maybe it's someone else. I don't think the refs came into tonight's game looking to target Danny Green.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

the heat got a big ole 1 ft attempt advantage
    darn those cheating refs !!!!

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

If you play D against James, your getting 5 fouls regardless.. If there's no space or just a swift swipe of the finger when LJ goes up ... It's a foul, there was clear missed fouls on MIA as well... Sad game

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Quote Originally Posted by dmncnlou View Post
    Joey Crawford will ref in Miami guaranteed and the Spurs will lose!
    You might be onto something...

12 Last