raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15294

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    FACT: LeBron would dominate in ANY era
    Not even close. Players today are weak. Much tougher back in the day. Basketball players haven't gotten any bigger. The good teams had players bigger than Miami and SA.

Parker 6'2" 180
    Mills 6'0 185
    Leonard 6'7" 225
    Ginobili 6'6" 210
    Duncan 6'11" 248
    Diaw 6'8" 215
    Belinelli 6'5" 192

Kareem 7'2" 225
    Worthy 6'9" 225
    Green 6'9" 220
    Magic 6'8" 215
    Scott 6'3" 195

Jordan 6'6" 195
    Rodman 6'7" 210
    Longley 7'2" 265
    Kukoc 6'10" 192
    Pippen 6'8" 210
    Harper 6'6" 185

Bird 6'9" 220
    Parrish 7'0 203
    McHale 6'10 212
    Maxwell 6'8"205
    Henderson 6'2" 175
    Johnson 6'4" 185
    Kite 6'11" 250

raiders72001

They don't pass like this anymore. they took the ball out of the net, stepped back, through the ball in, ran or passed. No walking. Here's how the Showtime Lakers played game 1 1982 finals

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    FACT: LeBron would dominate in ANY era
    not in jordans era. it was a mans game then. i can't respect lebron as he is a FLOPPER. its embarrassing considering how many times he's done and and considering his size.

Ewing's Knicks, Reggie's Pacers, Alonzo's Heat, those teams were very physical. If a man flops like Lebron, I don't see that same man getting thrown to the floor and having the heart to keep going to the hole like Jordan did. Lebron would fold.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Not even close. Players today are weak. Much tougher back in the day. Basketball players haven't gotten any bigger. The good teams had players bigger than Miami and SA.

Parker 6'2" 180
    Mills 6'0 185
    Leonard 6'7" 225
    Ginobili 6'6" 210
    Duncan 6'11" 248
    Diaw 6'8" 215
    Belinelli 6'5" 192

Kareem 7'2" 225
    Worthy 6'9" 225
    Green 6'9" 220
    Magic 6'8" 215
    Scott 6'3" 195

Jordan 6'6" 195
    Rodman 6'7" 210
    Longley 7'2" 265
    Kukoc 6'10" 192
    Pippen 6'8" 210
    Harper 6'6" 185

Bird 6'9" 220
    Parrish 7'0 203
    McHale 6'10 212
    Maxwell 6'8"205
    Henderson 6'2" 175
    Johnson 6'4" 185
    Kite 6'11" 250
    +1
    these kids today man, they don't know what grown man basketball is...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: raiders72001

raiders72001

Watch how fluid and athletic 7'2" Kareem is. No one could cover him today. The Laker team in the video is more athletic than any team today and in better shape. Run, run, run.

Jordan played all 82 games in 9 years. It didn't matter if he was sick, injured or had home court advantage locked up. More desire and tougher. Played every game to win.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 06-05-14 at 06:55 PM.

raiders72001

Watch how Miami walks the ball up. LeBron will move very little. He'll cry at the refs and flop. Announcers will slobber all over him. It's a weak and lazy game today. Lots of over-dribbling when it was pass pass pass, move and cut before. The announcers make the game, not the players in this era.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Lebron James is the most physically dominant specimen the NBA has ever seen, but he wouldn't thrive playing back when Spud Webb and Muggsy Bogues were stars?

Have you people lost your mind? Are you clouded by hate, or just lovers of yesteryear?

This is the silliest discussion I've ever seen.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Without the hand check rules....the elbow in the back ...and the zone....the Jordan bulls(grant and pippen) would win the series against the heat

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Lebron James is the most physically dominant specimen the NBA has ever seen, but he wouldn't thrive playing back when Spud Webb and Muggsy Bogues were stars?

Have you people lost your mind? Are you clouded by hate, or just lovers of yesteryear?

This is the silliest discussion I've ever seen.

raiders72001

Jordan Rules:

Chuck Daly
    The other rule was, any time he went by you, you had to nail him. If he was coming off a screen, nail him. We didn't want to be dirty - I know some people thought we were - but we had to make contact and be very physical."

raiders72001

LeBron James wasn't bigger than Karl Malone or Wilt and it wasn't close.

Full Jordan Rules
    If Michael was at the point, we forced him left and doubled him. If he was on the left wing, we went immediately to a double team from the top. If he was on the right wing, we went to a slow double team. He could hurt you equally from either wing—hell, he could hurt you from the hot-dog stand—but we just wanted to vary the look. And if he was on the box, we doubled with a big guy.
    The other rule was, any time he went by you, you had to nail him. If he was coming off a screen, nail him. We didn't want to be dirty—I know some people thought we were—but we had to make contact and be very physical.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 06-05-14 at 07:28 PM.

raiders72001

Wilt lifting up Arnold with Andre the Giant.. He lifted weights all the time and was a track star.

why aren't the pictures showing? I'm using the image tab and not URL or quote.

raiders72001

LeBron being bigger or more ripped than Karl Malone is the best thing that I've heard in a decade.

malone-lakers-300x300.jpg

Karl-Malone.jpg

Standing 6-foot-9 and 265 pounds, “The Mailman” racked up 36,298 points—the second-most in NBA history—over a 19-year career with the Utah Jazz and Los Angeles Lakers. As a rookie, Malone weighed 250 pounds with 10.5 percent body fat. An unparalleled work ethic and a rigorous, self-designed training regimen eventually cut the latter number to a miniscule 4.8 percent. “Karl Malone was not a Michael Jordan when he came into this league,” said former Utah Jazz coach Jerry Sloan. “He made himself a great player through hard work.”
    Malone is one of the fittest athletes of all time.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 06-05-14 at 07:56 PM.

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    Without the hand check rules....the elbow in the back ...and the zone....the Jordan bulls(grant and pippen) would win the series against the heat
    Bulls would win with any rules. They would even be better with no hand check or forearm bar. There was no way to stop Jordan if you couldn't push him out of the lane with a hand or forearm. Jordan was too quick which is why they had to deny him the ball, double and knock him down.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Bulls would win with any rules. They would even be better with no hand check or forearm bar. There was no way to stop Jordan if you couldn't push him out of the lane with a hand or forearm. Jordan was too quick which is why they had to deny him the ball, double and knock him down.
    Maybe I typed it wrong....all these new rules would favor the bulls...Jordan would dominate unless you flagrant foul him..you are absolutely correct

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    I understand what you're getting at. At the end of the day Jordan will probably, in most peoples eyes, be ahead of Lebron. But you could shuffle any of the other guys around --Magic, Bird, and LBJ and make an argument on who is better.

It's just weird to me that so many fans can't sit back and enjoy how good LBJ really is. Instead, Jordan backers constantly feel the need to be anti-James.
    oh i totally agree lbj is no doubt one of the best Today and thrives because of the way the game is set up and officiated... im not anti-lbj or anti Heat until people mention him in GOAT conversations and bring up the older teams... its a different time, with different rules and completely different attitudes on the floor ... lebron can be shut down because his shot is and will always be inconsistent and the rules of yesteryear and the physicality of those players would keep him from going off with all the lane pts. like he does today... he simply wouldnt be anywhere near as effective back then if he couldnt drive ... and they wouldnt let him...

plus, every time he touches the ball, he cries for a foul...its so fukking obnoxious and childish it makes me turn the channel some games... that shit wouldnt happen back then either.. refs and players would laugh at him.. you either play through it or you get abused... he doesnt have the bball iq or state of mind to dominate under the old rules, imo opinion, of course...he would have to develop a much better, more consistent shot and knowing how talented he is, he probably could

but i understand why the younger gen. loves him... they never got to watch hoops when it was a totally different game...

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    oh i totally agree lbj is no doubt one of the best Today and thrives because of the way the game is set up and officiated... im not anti-lbj or anti Heat until people mention him in GOAT conversations and bring up the older teams... its a different time, with different rules and completely different attitudes on the floor ... lebron can be shut down because his shot is and will always be inconsistent and the rules of yesteryear and the physicality of those players would keep him from going off with all the lane pts. like he does today... he simply wouldnt be anywhere near as effective back then if he couldnt drive ... and they wouldnt let him...

plus, every time he touches the ball, he cries for a foul...its so fukking obnoxious and childish it makes me turn the channel some games... that shit wouldnt happen back then either.. refs and players would laugh at him.. you either play through it or you get abused... he doesnt have the bball iq or state of mind to dominate under the old rules, imo opinion, of course...he would have to develop a much better, more consistent shot and knowing how talented he is, he probably could

but i understand why the younger gen. loves him... they never got to watch hoops when it was a totally different game...
    true, if they never saw it, then they have nothing to compare it to. SA is the only team that plays good basketball like they did in the past but now there's no hand check, there's a 3 second defense, circle under the net and touch fouls.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 06-05-14 at 08:32 PM.

raiders72001

Figured this is a good time to post the flu game.

raiders72001

Game 5 was a classic, with Bird coming up with a huge game in one of the (literally) hottest games ever (97 °F (36 °C)) in the non-air conditioned Boston Garden. Game 7 was also contested in hot temperatures that hovered around 91 °F (33 °C).

Quote:
    The 1984 NBA World Championship Series was the championship round of the 1983-84 NBA season. In 1984, the Boston Celtics defeated the Los Angeles Lakers in a seven-game Finals, winning Game 7 111-102. Larry Bird averaged 27 points and 14 rebounds a game during the series, earning the Finals Most Valuable Player (MVP). Bird was also named the league regular season MVP for that year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_NBA_Finals

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

these are some of the silliest thoughts i have ever seen
    u dont think lebron would FUKC the shit out of some1 on defense if playing "rough" is allowed?
    are people forgetting how big and strong AND fast the dude is?
    some dumb ass people here ................
    believe me, if u think people tried to destroy jordan when he flew in the air for a dunk
    lebron would put jordan in the hospital if he wanted to ............ and not even get called for a foul

people also must have forgotten jordan had his own set of rules when it came to fouls

jsmithj88

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    not in jordans era. it was a mans game then. i can't respect lebron as he is a FLOPPER. its embarrassing considering how many times he's done and and considering his size.

Ewing's Knicks, Reggie's Pacers, Alonzo's Heat, those teams were very physical. If a man flops like Lebron, I don't see that same man getting thrown to the floor and having the heart to keep going to the hole like Jordan did. Lebron would fold.
    u do realize flopping is a tactic right?
    i guess u dont respect ginobili or fisher either ...............
    haha, let me get his straight
    a guy that guards PF and centers and main offense is driving to the hoop
    has a problem playing rough because he flops ...............
    how does that make ANY SENSE ?????
    if u told lebron u can FUKC the shit out of some1 on defense and not get called for a foul
    what u think hes gonna do??? run and cry???
    hes gonna FUKC the shit outta any1 he guards

raydog

other teams had their sets of rules for fouling him, true... but if you are suggesting that refs had their own rules for him and others , you are sadly mistaken.. if you think jordan got away with more shit than the players of today, buddy, you simply arent old enough or didnt get to watch much ball back then... and again, are ridiculously mistaken...

sure, i think lebron could adapt some, but that would mean he would need to better his shot... and i doubt he could do it.... but while you say he is so strong and fast etc. you fail to mention that he is the single biggest crybaby pussy that has ever played in the nba...and when he doesnt get calls, he becomes less effective and becomes a mental midget thats more worried about call than playing ball...

fwiw, there are so many bigger and stronger guys back then than lebron... if someone want jordan in the hospital, they would have put him there... you think lebron could do more damage than karl malone or rick mahorn..lol... lebron is def a major talent and great athlete, but there are so many guys who could have thrown lebron around like a ragdoll too.

raydog

ill do some digging and maybe raiders can look too, for some full game vids from the bird/magic/jordan days... it would clear a lot of these debates up real fast if the young guys got to watch

jsmithj88

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    other teams had their sets of rules for fouling him, true... but if you are suggesting that refs had their own rules for him and others , you are sadly mistaken.. if you think jordan got away with more shit than the players of today, buddy, you simply arent old enough or didnt get to watch much ball back then... and again, are ridiculously mistaken...

sure, i think lebron could adapt some, but that would mean he would need to better his shot... and i doubt he could do it.... but while you say he is so strong and fast etc. you fail to mention that he is the single biggest crybaby pussy that has ever played in the nba...and when he doesnt get calls, he becomes less effective and becomes a mental midget thats more worried about call than playing ball...

fwiw, there are so many bigger and stronger guys back then than lebron... if someone want jordan in the hospital, they would have put him there... you think lebron could do more damage than karl malone or rick mahorn..lol... lebron is def a major talent and great athlete, but there are so many guys who could have thrown lebron around like a ragdoll too.
    NO i am not mistaken
    u know how many touch fouls and phantom fouls jordan got ???
    jordan got superstar calls , shit he got JORDAN calls, and that is a FACT
    i cant believe that is even an argument

false, the biggest pussy foul cryer in the NBA is kobe bryant
    where do u think lebron learned it from??
    lebron has consistantly increased his efficiency every year, esp on the heat
    how exactly do u do that if hes 'crying' and being 'less effective' at every call ???
    who u think he is, lance stephenson?

duh, there are people bigger than lebron and maybe stronger
    that obviously wasnt the point
    im not even sure what u are responding to
    Last edited by jsmithj88; 06-06-14 at 04:17 AM.

First 12