Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Honestly..If Duncan wins a 5th, Forget Power Forward, he's one of the best all time

We're talking Top 15-Top 10 Here....the conversation up until now is usally relegated to the "best power forward " of all time....but a 5th ring puts him in Shaq, Jordan, Magic territory...and he did it with no press...no marketing, no gimmicks, no hype....no ESPN blowing smoke up his ass to make his accomplishments seem more than they are...

Now granted, he has had a great cast surrounding him..and best coach in the NBA for over a decade and a half..which provides advantages some players never get the luxary of having (See Melo)...but regardless...This dudes presence on his team is one of ther reasons the Spurs NEVER EVER had to rebuild...The Celtics got hot and fizzled..The Lakers got a few rings and fizzled..Pistons, Mavs, even the 06 Heat went belly up before Lebron arrived....This Spurs team has remained a contender for 16 straight years...and that is in large part to Duncan's presence...The resume is there...the numbers are there...the rings are there....a 5th puts this guy in the same league as all the rest....He no lower than 15...and quite possibly top ten if you want to take it there.....

Only now thanks to the animosity toward Lebron and the Heat is Duncan finally being appreciated for the ALL TIME Great that he is...and that is a damn shame...but I will take it a step further....

The fact that the Spurs do not have 8 or 9 rings is a testament to how rigged the NBA actually is.....
    Last edited by Menses; 06-03-14 at 06:47 PM.

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

We ALL new Duncan was great when he swept your boyfriend in 2007.

sballen
    sballen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2274

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    We're talking Top 15-Top 10 Here....the conversation up until now is usally relegated to the "best power forward " of all time....but a 5th ring puts him in Shaq, Jordan, Magic territory...and he did it with no press...no marketing, no gimmicks, no hype....no ESPN blowing smoke up his ass to make his accomplishments seem more than they are...

Now granted, he has had a great cast surrounding him..and best coach in the NBA for over a decade and a half..which provides advantages some players never get the luxary of having (See Melo)...but regardless...This dudes presence on his team is one of ther reasons the Spurs NEVER EVER had to rebuild...The Celtics got hot and fizzled..The Lakers got a few rings and fizzled..Pistons, Mavs, even the 06 Heat went belly up before Lebron arrived....This Spurs team has remained a contender for 16 straight years...and that is in large part to Duncan's presence...The resume is there...the numbers are there...the rings are there....a 5th puts this guy in the same league as all the rest....He no lower than 15...and quite possibly top ten if you want to take it there.....

Only now thanks to the animosity toward Lebron and the Heat is Duncan finally being appreciated for the ALL TIME Great that he is...and that is a damn shame...but I will take it a step further....

The fact that the Spurs do not have 8 or 9 rings is a testament to how rigged the NBA actually is.....
    Using your logic, he could only be one of the best of all time because the NBA rigged it to be. Dipshit.

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

My favorite player since Mike. Even Shaq said he had more talent. Be fortunate we had a chance to watch him.

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by sballen View Post
    Using your logic, he could only be one of the best of all time because the NBA rigged it to be. Dipshit.
    LOL...why so angry?

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Ducan is a top 10 player all time. Ducan could easily be going for ring 8. Last year, the year they got put out by OKC and the year they got put out by the Mavs were all championship caliber teams.
    Last edited by NardVa; 06-04-14 at 02:59 PM.

GIVEMETHEMONEY
    GIVEMETHEMONEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4903

I totally agree the NBA is rigged. The crowd hates the Spurs because our guys are getting older and we still keep kicking everyone's asses and that is a fact Jack! I totally agree with Menses.

As for the punk James Marques, I bet you were there in line waiting to get banged by one of the queers weren't ya? lmfao!

CJ
    CJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5812

Where do you get 8 titles from? Seriously... they choked last year against Miami, maybe you can count that as 1. The team got blitzed by the Thunder for 4 straight in 2012, was awful against Memphis the year before, SWEPT by Phoenix in 2010, ousted in the first round by Dallas in 2009, and weren't gonna beat the Lakers or Celtics in 2008. So please explain to me where you come up with all these extra titles?

Earlier? I don't think so... Dallas beat them fairly in 2006, and I don't think they would've beat Kobe & Shaq in their prime... there was no "Big 3" yet in San Antonio, it was just Duncan and a fading Admiral.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Menses you haven't been talking about your boy Kobe much recently. What happened?

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by sballen View Post
    Yeah..but what do you think about Tim Duncan...?

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Menses you haven't been talking about your boy Kobe much recently. What happened?
    LOL...to be honest..theres not much fun in bashing Kobe unless he is playing...I think I miss him....lmao...but the word is definitely out across the net...if Duncan gets his 5th at 38 years of age..Kobe's legacy takes a hit...far more so than if Lebron gets his 3rd..
    Last edited by Menses; 06-04-14 at 07:52 PM.

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Where do you get 8 titles from? Seriously... they choked last year against Miami, maybe you can count that as 1. The team got blitzed by the Thunder for 4 straight in 2012, was awful against Memphis the year before, SWEPT by Phoenix in 2010, ousted in the first round by Dallas in 2009, and weren't gonna beat the Lakers or Celtics in 2008. So please explain to me where you come up with all these extra titles?

Earlier? I don't think so... Dallas beat them fairly in 2006, and I don't think they would've beat Kobe & Shaq in their prime... there was no "Big 3" yet in San Antonio, it was just Duncan and a fading Admiral.
    I was being extreme deliberately..but given the nature of the NBA to rig not only games but also trades from behind the scenes..(Chris Paul)...I have always deep down suspected that the Spurs were encouraged and perhaps even forced to lay down in certain years. I just don't believe the Spurs could go 5 years without going to the NBA finals...2008-2012.after going almost every other year through out their 16 year run..with Duncan...without some kind of "heavy influence" going on behind the scenes...The NBA despises that team...Everyone knows the head office has a problem with Popovich...

Duncan is the only player I have ever seen get a technical while sitting on the bench..lol The Gasol led Laker teams were not better than the Spurs...The Spurs probably laid down....can't have the leagues so called best player in Kobe missing the finals for so many years...Yeah the Spurs did choke in game 6...the media wont call it that..but that's what it was...but Tim missed a lay up in game 7 that could have helped seal a 5th...Miami won it fair and square though...And Duncan did beat Shaq and Kobe in their primes as they should have...03,05,07...etc

Duncan won his 1st ring before Kobe did...the same detroit team that knocked LA off in the 04 finals is the same detroit team Duncan and the Spurs whooped in the 05 finals....The Lakers were NEVER really better than the SPURS...how on earth did Ginobli, Parker and Duncan go 5 years without a title while Kobe and Gasol went to 3 straight finals? The Spurs big three were younger and faster then? They are much older now and are still giving the league the business....There something fishy going on there...
    Last edited by Menses; 06-04-14 at 07:55 PM.