frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

There is not as much emphasis on the script in the NBA Finals but it still exists

A script does exist in the NBA Finals but it is not as powerful as the scripts in the earlier playoff rounds because the scripts exist in the playoffs so the NBA gets its desired matchup in the Finals, after that all they care about is the Finals going at least 6 games

Although I will say the NBA does have a preferred winner of the Finals but they generally wont bend over backwards to get that winner most of the time although it has happened before(See: 2006 NBA Finals Heat vs. Mavericks)

The jury is still out on whether or not the NBA will try to strongly influence the finals this year, I say probably not because the NBA got a desired matchup and could care less who wins this year

2011 and 2012 was an experiment. They experimented with a Heat loss in 2011 and Heat win in 2012. Both were rigged. They realized that the ratings and fan response was better when the Heat won in 2012 which is why they rigged a Heat win in 2013.

If I say there will be a rig this year it will be for the Heat so LeBron can get his 3rd ring to continue to fuel the LeBron vs. Jordan fire which drives up ratings but the NBA will be fine with a Spurs win too as that will probably disband the Spurs and the NBA can stop having to deal with them and their small market and limited national reach, if the Spurs lose they might give it one more go

The NBA would love nothing more than for the Spurs to finally go away so that more marketable teams/markets can rise in the West

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

The more obvious storyline would be to end Bron's 3 peat chance, thus his chance at an all allusive 4 peat. Making it easier for him to reclaim glory by going back and winning with the Cavs.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Hey guess what....

Didnt read it.

Youre a loser.
    Go away

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Give it up frogger

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    A script does exist in the NBA Finals but it is not as powerful as the scripts in the earlier playoff rounds because the scripts exist in the playoffs so the NBA gets its desired matchup in the Finals, after that all they care about is the Finals going at least 6 games

Although I will say the NBA does have a preferred winner of the Finals but they generally wont bend over backwards to get that winner most of the time although it has happened before(See: 2006 NBA Finals Heat vs. Mavericks)

The jury is still out on whether or not the NBA will try to strongly influence the finals this year, I say probably not because the NBA got a desired matchup and could care less who wins this year

2011 and 2012 was an experiment. They experimented with a Heat loss in 2011 and Heat win in 2012. Both were rigged. They realized that the ratings and fan response was better when the Heat won in 2012 which is why they rigged a Heat win in 2013.

If I say there will be a rig this year it will be for the Heat so LeBron can get his 3rd ring to continue to fuel the LeBron vs. Jordan fire which drives up ratings but the NBA will be fine with a Spurs win too as that will probably disband the Spurs and the NBA can stop having to deal with them and their small market and limited national reach, if the Spurs lose they might give it one more go

The NBA would love nothing more than for the Spurs to finally go away so that more marketable teams/markets can rise in the West
    OP thinks it's a toss up on who wins. Bet accordingly.

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

Backpedaling already, I see.

RMStanley
    RMStanley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

go penetrate yourself i hate this bullshit.

RGG
    RGG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

These threads are getting ridiculous now. "Script" lol, just watch the games.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

"Small market" spurs LMAO. San Antonio is the 7th largest city in the country, dumbass.

BadLuckSanta
    BadLuckSanta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19889

Didn't read

Get a job

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    "Small market" spurs LMAO. San Antonio is the 7th largest city in the country, dumbass.
    surprising. I think of San Antonio as being podunk back country hillbillys.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    surprising. I think of San Antonio as being podunk back country hillbillys.

Don’t take it personally Bear, but this is, along with the thread, is just another reminder of the disconnect between what people think and reality.

As far as I can tell, San Antonio went from 9th largest in 2000 to 7th largest in 2010 and at that time was widely recognized as the fastest growing city in the top ten.Of course, when I cut my hair short, it always grows faster relative to the longer hair.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Quote Originally Posted by BadLuckSanta View Post
    Didn't read

Get a job
    This.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Don’t take it personally Bear, but this is, along with the thread, is just another reminder of the disconnect between what people think and reality.

As far as I can tell, San Antonio went from 9th largest in 2000 to 7th largest in 2010 and at that time was widely recognized as the fastest growing city in the top ten.Of course, when I cut my hair short, it always grows faster relative to the longer hair.

I’d like to add as part of that reality check, just to keep you on your toes, that the 7th largest ranking is based on city limits, allowing a large metropolitan suburb to be included. Cities like Boston and San Francisco do not benefit from this.

Reality is perception and interpretation.
    Being aware of this will increase any winning bettor’s bottom line.But will likely cause losing bettors to stumble further.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    But their media market is 36th.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

But their media market is 36th.
    or worse

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

I have to agree with this...Lebron threw the series in 2011...and did a very bad acting job while doing it....2012 they were allowed to play..but Miami did not get every call...and i am almost convinced the Spurs were forced to throw in the towel against OKC that year loosing 4 straight.....

Regardless....this year...the kind of officiating you see in the earlier playoff series was designed to ensure the right teams make it as far as they are supposed to go. The Super stars will be on showcase in the later rounds...but as long as the Finals have a superstar on showcase like Lebron...it may not matter to the shot callers who actually wins the Series...but we can speculate on what they would prefer. Lebron is entering Jordan territory in terms of his impact on the game so perhaps if miami needs a call they are going to get it....

Its a unique situation because the older public despise Lebron and a Miami loss would appease them. But if you are 15-25 year old nba fan...Lebron is your Kobe/Jordan/Magic/Bird...etc...a win would appease this demographic...I am not really sure which way they want to go...they may just let things play out with minimal interference. They will extend the series obviously if Spurs go up 2-0...hope they stay out of it...

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Between the guys with close personal ties to the Clipper organization and others with insider knowledge of the "actual" script for the NBA finals, it's hard to imagine how SBR will stay under the radar.

Someone from ESPN will probably (if not already) be in contact with one or more posters very soon.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Aren't these the same posters that claimed OKC was a lock in game 6 because the "script" called for a game 7

So SA wins game 6 thus debunking the "script' & the conspiracy theorist just toss that out & move in on the next "script"

z-doggie
    yo dog ,,i am the ish...
    z-doggie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1981

Who is the author of the script ?

Silver ?

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1276

You Are B.L.A.S.T.E.D!

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

While San Antonio is generally considered a small market by the national media, their reach is far more substantial. Considering it's roster throughout the years, of many international players, this helps make the Spurs one of the NBA's favorite teams internationally. That is a market that is greatly coveted by the NBA, so how does that fact factor into the "script"?

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by Roadtrip635 View Post
    While San Antonio is generally considered a small market by the national media, their reach is far more substantial. Considering it's roster throughout the years, of many international players, this helps make the Spurs one of the NBA's favorite teams internationally. That is a market that is greatly coveted by the NBA, so how does that fact factor into the "script"?
    Hmmmm 36th media market x's 2 for the international player exposure, carry the 1 = OP is a moron.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

The script reads seven games, the league jusst wants their seventh game money, they will get that, and they don't care who wins, just get that seventh game, hype the shit out of game seven, get that ad money.

Money doesn't talk, it swears obsceneties.

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    Aren't these the same posters that claimed OKC was a lock in game 6 because the "script" called for a game 7

So SA wins game 6 thus debunking the "script' & the conspiracy theorist just toss that out & move in on the next "script"

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11102

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Hmmmm 36th media market x's 2 for the international player exposure, carry the 1 = OP is a moron.
    I laughed.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11102

Yea the heat threw the series in 2011. Thats a joke. They lost to a dallas team that was way better than them from top to bottom and had no answer for jj barea.

the heat came together fall 2010 they needed more time together.

celtics 08 are he only team in history with 3 stars playing together for the first time and winning the ring year one.

team chemistry and putting pieces together is real. It takes time. Thats why miami 2011 lost

sballen
    sballen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2274

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post

Yes you nailed it. I even called all them out on multiple threads after that game and all those pu$$ies went radio silent just like the little bitches they are. Long story short; they're terrible bettors and blame their life and betting failures on things outside of their control because that's what pathetic people do.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

More obvious story line is op is a fukkin retard who couldn't be a successful gambler with an almanac from future.

CJ
    CJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5812

If the NBA "scripts" the Finals, why did the Pistons smash the Lakers in 5 games, in 2004?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

TV does not care who wins this finals because they got the two teams that will draw the most ratings and the most popular players that are well recognized all over the globe on both teams

Oklahoma City would've drawn trash people

The Spurs versus the heat represent class

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    TV does not care who wins this finals because they got the two teams that will draw the most ratings and the most popular players that are well recognized all over the globe on both teams

Oklahoma City would've drawn trash people

The Spurs versus the heat represent class

the deep-fried snickers and okra sweating fatties VS the art deco yola-slinging haitian skinrippers

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    If the NBA "scripts" the Finals, why did the Pistons smash the Lakers in 5 games, in 2004?
    Sometimes they let them play.....Sometimes the leading man doesn't always get the girl.....the nerd does...Why did the Sixers smash the Lakers in the 1983 Finals?

CJ
    CJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5812

Fo fo fo, dude. That team had Dr. J & Moses too, what all time legend did the Pistons have? The "script" would've been for Malone to finally get a ring and a Hollywood ending. Just stop it.

12 Last