cane
    cane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3110

Seaweed, I'm still waiting for some of Spo's bad decisions that he gets bailed out on. Since you think he's such a bad coach, surely you can come up with a few examples.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8819

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    I think so.

Example, why not design a 2 point play at the end? He has made lots of bad decisions but has been bailed out
    U do know most basketball plays have more than one option depending on how the defense plays right?

bigtymer56

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    l
    If it was Allen shooting a 3 or Wade I would say yes, but Bosh is useless in that situation as he is NOT a good 3 point shooter under pressure and when rushed. You do not know basketball

Guy seemed to knock down a big three whenever the nets got close in that series.

2 other big threes:

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: cane, and wikkidinsane

cane

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    U do know most basketball plays have more than one option depending on how the defense plays right?
    Exactly. The play Spo drew up had Lebron penetrating the lane, if he has a clear path, take it to the rim, if a big comes over (like Hibbert did) then pass it to Bosh in the corner for the win. It was a well executed play, the shot just didn't fall, it's basketball, it happens.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24625

Quote Originally Posted by James Marques View Post
    He was the video guy. Of course he's overrated.
    Overrated. Should be sellin tacos.

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    I agree he is not considered a top guy at all. We really have no way to judge in full how good a coach he is because of the roster and the short career. But let's not forget Riley gave him the keys to the Ferrari. That says something

Fair point for sure.

If you use logic the 3pt shot was smarter. Especially on the road, these are the two scenarios.

1. If he takes the 2pt shot (50% success) it may go to to OT where you again are 50%. So the likelihood of a win in 25%
    2. If he takes a 3pt shot they either win or lose, they have a 33% chance. Better pct. then shooting a two.
    Any math or logic obv supports the 3 being the correct play there.

a86r
    a86r's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

It's not difficult when you have LeBron..I mean Mike Brown in CLE looked like a HOF with that roster while LeBron was there, don't think he's a bad coach but he's not a great one

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by a86r View Post
    It's not difficult when you have LeBron..I mean Mike Brown in CLE looked like a HOF with that roster while LeBron was there, don't think he's a bad coach but he's not a great one
    exactly.

Put the Lebron on the Charlotte Hornets and they win the championship too.

if u got Lebron its hard to lose.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

big bear, its not just lebron... lebron needs allstars around him too... but any coach wins with a half dozen all stars AND lebron on the team... its a no brainer
    cane thinks SPO is one of the few guys that could get this miami team rings ... kid, every single coach, asst.coach, waterboy and mascot in the league would have the same amount of rings that SPO does.. that is an absolute fact...

james is right, he was given the keys to the ferrari... but its driven with an extra hand on the wheel from the passenger seat... hence the mediocre salary they can get away with too...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If Miami loses this series he's fired

LeBron has had a decent supporting cast but not as good as the other big time NBA title winners

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

The guy took the Heat to threwe championships and won 2 and about to make it 4 years in a row. You have to give him hell of a lot of credit. He is top three in the Nba. It goes

1.POP
    2.WHOEVER
    3.SPOELSTRA

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Just because he was the video guy doesnt mean he doesnt know basketball and isnt a good coach, I think over the years he's gotten Wade's and Bron's respect.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

LeBron has had a decent supporting cast but not as good as the other big time NBA title winners
    no shit but the Heat wont lose the series.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    The guy took the Heat to threwe championships and won 2 and about to make it 4 years in a row. You have to give him hell of a lot of credit. He is top three in the Nba. It goes

1.POP
    2.WHOEVER
    3.SPOELSTRA

how big was the dumbbell you dropped on your head??? man i almost did that this morning...nevermind

ROYAJA8
    ROYAJA8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 257

We will not know how great a coach he is until he loses Lebron. I have to agree winning isn't that hard when you have Lebron, wAde,Bosh, and Allen most all coaches should be able to accomplish that.

cane

This is 100% wrong JJ, Spo will be coaching the Heat next year, that's a fact. It makes no difference how the rest of the Heat's season plays out.

cane

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    big bear, its not just lebron... lebron needs allstars around him too... but any coach wins with a half dozen all stars AND lebron on the team... its a no brainer
    cane thinks SPO is one of the few guys that could get this miami team rings ... kid, every single coach, asst.coach, waterboy and mascot in the league would have the same amount of rings that SPO does.. that is an absolute fact...

james is right, he was given the keys to the ferrari... but its driven with an extra hand on the wheel from the passenger seat... hence the mediocre salary they can get away with too...
    Spo is a top five coach in the league. In your posts you say a monkey, a waterboy, or a mascot could win titles coaching the Heat. Okay, using your logic, Phil Jackson wasn't a good coach, anyone could win with MJ, then he had Shaq and Kobe. Red Auerbach wasn't a good coach, anyone could win with Russell and Cousey, Pat Riley wasn't a good coach, anyone could win with Magic and Kareem. Gregg Popovich isn't a good coach, anyone can win with Duncan and Parker, etc. You see my point? All of those guys are considered great coaches. It goes hand in hand, all the best coaches had star players on their team. I'm not saying Spo is the greatest coach of all time, but to just dismiss him because he has Lebron, is just wrong. I think he's a top five coach in the league, if you disagree, I'd like to see your top five. Also, please stop calling me "kid", I can assure you I'm very much an adult, believe me, I'd do anything to shave a few years off and be a kid again lol

bigtymer56

bigtymer56

Quote Originally Posted by ROYAJA8 View Post
    We will not know how great a coach he is until he loses Lebron. I have to agree winning isn't that hard when you have Lebron, wAde,Bosh, and Allen most all coaches should be able to accomplish that.
    Not sure if he's in my top 5, but definitely dont agree with "The any jackass off the street can win with this team" train of thought.

Cases I can make for him:
    Had 2 winning seasons before the big 3...but that was in Wades prime.
    Figured things out on offense and got them to rebound after losing to Dallas.

bigtymer56

Back in another Finals.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

There is a reason Riley chose him...and not someone more proven and noteworthy...like Popovich, he never gets happy after a win, never gets too angry after a loss...its all the same. This dude barely cracked a smile after the repeat last year...he was back in the video room the next day..back to business...He deserves the credit...

cane

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    There is a reason Riley chose him...and not someone more proven and noteworthy...like Popovich, he never gets happy after a win, never gets too angry after a loss...its all the same. This dude barely cracked a smile after the repeat last year...he was back in the video room the next day..back to business...He deserves the credit...
    Another guy who gets it. I remember when Riley said Spo was going to be his predecessor there were a lot of fans who were hoping for a big name, someone with experience. I wasn't exactly thrilled either, but then I said to myself, If a basketball legend like Pat Riley hand picked this guy to be the next head coach, then who am I to disagree? Certainly Riley has earned enough respect to be given the benefit of the doubt, and he was right. Riley could have panicked after losing in the finals to Dallas and replaced him, but he stayed with his guy and it's paid off big time. If Spo's good enough for Riley, than he's good enough for me. Also, Wade and Lebron both love playing for him, and after Lebron announces he's staying in Miami, Spo will be a big reason why.

bigtymer56

More clutch plays for Bosh

First 12