The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Time to Thunder the fukk up

Do or die

All over Thunder ML, too scared to take the points

SA does not want to play OKC in a winner take all, one game playoff. Nobody does, regardless of the venue. I expect SA to play well tonight and knock down a lot of 3's. OKC 103-101

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

NO 2 POINT GAME KRAKEN

Paul needs thunder by 4 to cash a big ticket

thunder by 6 tonight but I think Spurs will win in San An

got small futures on spurs for title and advancing to finals but as long as the thunder cover -3 tonight im good

The Kraken

PauuuuuuulZ!

I'm hoping for a Thunder BLOWOUT tonight. When this happens, we both cash big!

I want to start thinking about game 7 but I can't. Way too amped up right now for tonights game. Atmosphere will be great, lot of energy already out on the streets in downtown OKC. Gonna need big games from Westbrook and KD. More importantly, OKC needs their bench to play defense tonight. SA bench is better and can score. OKC's bench has Caron Butler. Hopefully we'll see more of the old Sefolosha off the bench and actually see him play well. He never fully recovered from the injury but like everyone else, he's trying to play through the pain. Gonna need him to step up big tonight and play some D on these 3 point shooters that SA has coming off the bench.

Pauulzcappin

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    PauuuuuuulZ!

I'm hoping for a Thunder BLOWOUT tonight. When this happens, we both cash big!

I want to start thinking about game 7 but I can't. Way too amped up right now for tonights game. Atmosphere will be great, lot of energy already out on the streets in downtown OKC. Gonna need big games from Westbrook and KD. More importantly, OKC needs their bench to play defense tonight. SA bench is better and can score. OKC's bench has Caron Butler. Hopefully we'll see more of the old Sefolosha off the bench and actually see him play well. He never fully recovered from the injury but like everyone else, he's trying to play through the pain. Gonna need him to step up big tonight and play some D on these 3 point shooters that SA has coming off the bench.
    Will you be attending tonight?

I think the MVP and Westbrook will show up tonight like they did on game 4. I was talking about in other threads how roleplayers step their game up BIG at home so I'm sure the bench will do very well. My only concern is that with Pop's lineup change to stretch the floor and opening up lanes and 3 point shooters might burn OKC if Spurs hit a few from behind the arc early. q

I'm not sure going small is the solution for the Thunder because that would leave Ibaka guarding Duncan and no shoot blockers inside basically. We will see what happens tonight. Might even skip a party tonight and maybe get there late.

Points Awarded:

The Kraken gave Pauulzcappin 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

The Kraken

Unfortunately, I won't be there tonight. However, Mrs Kraken and one of her yoga friends will be going in my stead

I completely agree. If SA is hitting 3's early on, it may be all she wrote. OKC doesn't guard against the 3 very well. Never have. They just happen to outscore a lot of teams and that sometimes masks their defensive inefficiencies.

You from OKC Paullz???

Also, I love AC/DC. Youtube "hells bells Brazil". Great intro to that song.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

I reckon this a be a high scoring game here, yes?

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

The one time I wanna take OKC I bet theyll lose.

Pauulzcappin

Unfortunately, I won't be there tonight. However, Mrs Kraken and one of her yoga friends will be going in my stead

I completely agree. If SA is hitting 3's early on, it may be all she wrote. OKC doesn't guard against the 3 very well. Never have. They just happen to outscore a lot of teams and that sometimes masks their defensive inefficiencies.

You from OKC Paullz???

Also, I love AC/DC. Youtube "hells bells Brazil". Great intro to that song.
    I'm actually from Brazil and I was at the 2009 concert in Sao Paulo.

I have been to Metallica, Ozzy, Black Sabbath and AC/DC concerts and even though I'm big Metallica fan, AC/DC was arguably the best.

I'll probably go to the US next year to try and catch a few NBA games and know places, last time I was there I was a kid on disneyland. Planning on going to a few NBA games once I'm there, gonna try to catch the thunder, heat, lakers and spurs.

It's too bad you won't be able to attend. It's gonna be a great one
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: The Kraken

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

Krak you think 3.5 not good? I am always a little concerned about taking a fav in ML but in today's game I have to make a decision. Already took my standard bet on points and then a friend calls and asks me to place 1500 Spurs ML which I already confirmed with him. Really tempted to just place 1000 for him and keep the other 500 for myself. Had I not place my bet on points it would have been a no brainer.

The Kraken

So far, taking the points has been the nuts. Interestingly, last series I blindly bet the dog and went 5-1. I honestly thought about blindly betting the chalk every game of this series but chose not to. I would've been on a 10-1 run right now without capping a game

I certainly don't fault anyone for taking the points. Honestly, no reason not to. OKC will give it all they have tonight, so that's a huge plus for you. I chose ML because I want OKC to win and don't want to dampen the victory if they only win by 1-3.

I hope they win by 20 and we're all celebrating life tonight

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    I reckon this a be a high scoring game here, yes?
    I'm not sure. Both coaches continue to preach defense. With OKC at home and in a win or be done game, their defense may step up tonight.

westbrook is gonna be a high voltage, live wire tonight. Hopefully he's on.

thunderous
    Update your status

So far, taking the points has been the nuts. Interestingly, last series I blindly bet the dog and went 5-1. I honestly thought about blindly betting the chalk every game of this series but chose not to. I would've been on a 10-1 run right now without capping a game

I certainly don't fault anyone for taking the points. Honestly, no reason not to. OKC will give it all they have tonight, so that's a huge plus for you. I chose ML because I want OKC to win and don't want to dampen the victory if they only win by 1-3.

I hope they win by 20 and we're all celebrating life tonight
    I get what you saying there but I honestly think they will either win big or pack it up. That said I kept the remaining 500 of my friend's bet so now I have 500 OKC ML and 250 -3.5 and another 100 -2 1st half. Hoping they don't screw me...would hate to give back all that I made this week.
    GL!

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL kraken I am pulling for and bet OKC as well, ML and spread.

RGG
    RGG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

On ML for OKC. GL boys.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20334

Go Thunder, just need them to win.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    GL kraken I am pulling for and bet OKC as well, ML and spread.
    Holy shit, James. They're the cardiac kids. Was just joking with my wife that I'll be called in for probably no less than 5,000 heart attacks tonight. They don't give up and they've gotten some good will from the refs. Lets root them on to game 7. I have a feeling it would be electric. Durant has played like dogshit tonight, he'll likely play better in game 7. Lets get this, James

thunderous
    Update your status

Holy shit, James. They're the cardiac kids. Was just joking with my wife that I'll be called in for probably no less than 5,000 heart attacks tonight. They don't give up and they've gotten some good will from the refs. Lets root them on to game 7. I have a feeling it would be electric. Durant has played like dogshit tonight, he'll likely play better in game 7. Lets get this, James
    As much as I want them to win this one I don't like our chances. How many games we have lost in OT this year in the playoffs?

The Kraken

I know, me neither. BUT, I didn't like our chances in regulation to get to OT. Something about this team. They can never be counted out until it's over. Come on, Thunderous. Lets get this. Lets get in the game. You take Duncan and I'll take Ginobli. We'll win this game for the state!

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20334

Oh man OKC is sad......

Pauulzcappin

Kraken, I think Durant can't win. He might not have been born to win. I'm not giving him shit because I lost betting OKC but I think he just doesn't have it in him.

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

So brutal Kraken. They just could not get over the hump today bro.

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

I wonder if they can get Harden back?

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    Kraken, I think Durant can't win. He might not have been born to win. I'm not giving him shit because I lost betting OKC but I think he just doesn't have it in him.
    i completely understand where you are coming from. And I'm going to disagree but not 100% disagree. More like a 50/50 disagree . I think Pop finally exposed OKC's greatest weakness, their bench. When brooks put Jackson with the starters, that was it. It left brooks having to leave KD or Westbrook out their with the bench players and their minutes sky rocketed after that move. Westbrook played 46 minutes in game 4 and KD played 51 minutes in game 6. And they both looked exhausted in OT. What some people (not you) are failing to realize is that this is a team game. The best team wins, not just the team with the best players. This was evident last night. It's evident every year in every sport. San Antonio is the better team.

with that said, i think KD can get a ring but they've got to get a better bench. Him and Westbrook cannot be expected to. Carry that heavy of a load all season and then expect to beat maybe the best team in the NBA in a seven game series. They've gotta get rid of Perkins, develop Adams and go find some decent back ups. That will be KD's best shot for a ring, iMO.

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    So brutal Kraken. They just could not get over the hump today bro.
    yes, brutal. True story, my wife was at the game and texted me before the game started "our guys look really tired". She usually doesn't say a lot about the team or the game, she goes more to socialize and what not, so when she said that, Deep down I knew it was over.

James, the west was loaded this year. And looks to be for years to come. What are the Clippers andThunder gonna do to get over the hump? Both so close

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

i completely understand where you are coming from. And I'm going to disagree but not 100% disagree. More like a 50/50 disagree . I think Pop finally exposed OKC's greatest weakness, their bench. When brooks put Jackson with the starters, that was it. It left brooks having to leave KD or Westbrook out their with the bench players and their minutes sky rocketed after that move. Westbrook played 46 minutes in game 4 and KD played 51 minutes in game 6. And they both looked exhausted in OT. What some people (not you) are failing to realize is that this is a team game. The best team wins, not just the team with the best players. This was evident last night. It's evident every year in every sport. San Antonio is the better team.

with that said, i think KD can get a ring but they've got to get a better bench. Him and Westbrook cannot be expected to. Carry that heavy of a load all season and then expect to beat maybe the best team in the NBA in a seven game series. They've gotta get rid of Perkins, develop Adams and go find some decent back ups. That will be KD's best shot for a ring, iMO.

yes, brutal. True story, my wife was at the game and texted me before the game started "our guys look really tired". She usually doesn't say a lot about the team or the game, she goes more to socialize and what not, so when she said that, Deep down I knew it was over.

James, the west was loaded this year. And looks to be for years to come. What are the Clippers andThunder gonna do to get over the hump? Both so close
    I'm a Spurs fan, but you're absolutely right about the West being loaded. The Grizz are a couple of shooters away from being major contenders. Portland and Houston are knocking on the door and then there's the Suns and Pelicans starting to make some noise. Outside shooters coming off the bench will be a hot commodity this off season. OKC needs to not panic and keep their their "big 3" together, but will be tough financially though. Westbrook for as great as he is, needs to mature as a player. He reminds me of a more extreme version of Manu Ginobili. He can make the most amazing game winning plays or the most bone-headed at the worst times. Kind of like Pop once said of Manu, One second he's ready to trade him on the spot and then the next second he's ready to make him breakfast in bed. IF RW could only harness some of that ability and balance with some of that unpredictability.

Pauulzcappin

I will start by saying I totally agree about the Perkins part. He needs to go and let Adams devolop. He has the size and the "antics" that a big man needs to thrive on this league. He got pushed around by Duncan at times but the malice will come as he progresses.

Here is something I haven't talked to you about: Scott Brooks. Don't you think in a team with two of the most dangerous players in the league there's just too much standing around for the Thunder? Reggie Jackson is a good spot up shooter and I'm pretty sure with Durant and Westbrooks talent he should get free a lot more than he does right now. I think Brooks is an average at best coach with all the talent he has. As someone who watches OKC and goes to games, what do you think about him?

I think regardless of the supporting cast, Durant lacks the killer instinct on him. He just seems mentally affected easily on close games. He has to hit the gym in a hurry also.

It's very hard to win championships with a jump shooting team. Dallas did it on 2011 and everyone was absolutely on fire. Fukking JJ Barea was hitting like 50% on finals. They need to overcome their problems to take a big step towards being a winning team. I personally don't think they can unless they toughen up mentally a lot.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Kraken is right. OKC needs a better supporting cast. The Spurs and Heat have it and that's the difference. Allen, Chalmers, Battier, Ginbobli, Green, Diaw, etc. are way better than anything the Thunder throw out there.

OKC didn't get it done but Durant and Westbrook were exhausted by the end of the game from carrying the load.

OKC needs better half court offense and a couple of role players. They're very close. With that said, I think to say the choked when they made it that close to the finals is a little bit ignorant.

OKC is constantly in the top 4 of the league. Where are teams like the Clippers and Rockets? The West is hellla tough too.

It's really amazing that OKC is so close to winning a title with no offense and no role players. That shows you how good Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka are.

The Spurs and Heat are just better teams right now. It's that simple. I see all types of excuses from my friends blaming Brooks, blaming Westbrook, blaming the refs...but really, they lost because they were playing a better team.

The Clippers have a better team top to bottom than OKC but OKC overcame it with their superstars. I thought they might be able to do the same this series but it didn't work out.

The Spurs and Heat are older teams. If OKC can iron a few things out and keep developing guys like Lamb, Adams, and Jackson I think they'll get a ring eventually. They do need better half court sets and inbound plays though. As it is, they just try to take people one on one and hit tough jumpers.

The Kraken

I will start by saying I totally agree about the Perkins part. He needs to go and let Adams devolop. He has the size and the "antics" that a big man needs to thrive on this league. He got pushed around by Duncan at times but the malice will come as he progresses.

Here is something I haven't talked to you about: Scott Brooks. Don't you think in a team with two of the most dangerous players in the league there's just too much standing around for the Thunder? Reggie Jackson is a good spot up shooter and I'm pretty sure with Durant and Westbrooks talent he should get free a lot more than he does right now. I think Brooks is an average at best coach with all the talent he has. As someone who watches OKC and goes to games, what do you think about him?

I think regardless of the supporting cast, Durant lacks the killer instinct on him. He just seems mentally affected easily on close games. He has to hit the gym in a hurry also.

It's very hard to win championships with a jump shooting team. Dallas did it on 2011 and everyone was absolutely on fire. Fukking JJ Barea was hitting like 50% on finals. They need to overcome their problems to take a big step towards being a winning team. I personally don't think they can unless they toughen up mentally a lot.
    Man, I'm not sure what to make of Brooks. I think I'll have to agree with you that Brooks is average, maybe slightly above(maybe not). It's so frustrating as a fan to watch San Antonio play so well as a team, making the extra pass and getting wide open shots. And the watching OKC go one-on-one, iso ball and settling for turn around, fade away 18 foot jump shots. This after one pass, 10 seconds of dribbling and being swarmed by the D.

i think Pops is probably the best coach in the NBA, so it's easy to see Brooks as average when compared to him but OKC has to figure out something on offense. They have to run plays and get easier shots going forward. And I'm not sure Brooks is the guy to take them to the next level.

Who would be a good fit in OKC with these guys?

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Kraken is right. OKC needs a better supporting cast. The Spurs and Heat have it and that's the difference. Allen, Chalmers, Battier, Ginbobli, Green, Diaw, etc. are way better than anything the Thunder throw out there.

OKC didn't get it done but Durant and Westbrook were exhausted by the end of the game from carrying the load.

OKC needs better half court offense and a couple of role players. They're very close. With that said, I think to say the choked when they made it that close to the finals is a little bit ignorant.

OKC is constantly in the top 4 of the league. Where are teams like the Clippers and Rockets? The West is hellla tough too.

It's really amazing that OKC is so close to winning a title with no offense and no role players. That shows you how good Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka are.

The Spurs and Heat are just better teams right now. It's that simple. I see all types of excuses from my friends blaming Brooks, blaming Westbrook, blaming the refs...but really, they lost because they were playing a better team.

The Clippers have a better team top to bottom than OKC but OKC overcame it with their superstars. I thought they might be able to do the same this series but it didn't work out.

The Spurs and Heat are older teams. If OKC can iron a few things out and keep developing guys like Lamb, Adams, and Jackson I think they'll get a ring eventually. They do need better half court sets and inbound plays though. As it is, they just try to take people one on one and hit tough jumpers.
    Spot on. Agree 100%

GIVEMETHEMONEY
    GIVEMETHEMONEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4903

The OKC boyz supporters are crying in their beer today in OKC !!!!

hahahaha I bet they are selling a hell of a lot of liquor up there today!

4 years and they still cannot get in the Finals!

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by GIVEMETHEMONEY View Post
    hahahaha I bet they are selling a hell of a lot of liquor up there today!

4 years and they still cannot get in the Finals!
    They were in the 2012 nba finals you know, the year before last

you are one dumb mother fukker

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Man, I'm not sure what to make of Brooks. I think I'll have to agree with you that Brooks is average, maybe slightly above(maybe not). It's so frustrating as a fan to watch San Antonio play so well as a team, making the extra pass and getting wide open shots. And the watching OKC go one-on-one, iso ball and settling for turn around, fade away 18 foot jump shots. This after one pass, 10 seconds of dribbling and being swarmed by the D.

i think Pops is probably the best coach in the NBA, so it's easy to see Brooks as average when compared to him but OKC has to figure out something on offense. They have to run plays and get easier shots going forward. And I'm not sure Brooks is the guy to take them to the next level.

Coach Bud would have been a great fit, but he signed with Atlanta this past season.

Pauulzcappin

I don't know how good NBA coaches actually are. I think Pop is head and shoulders above everyone else but I'm not sure how much the others actually improve the teams.

OKC should get a good shooter off the bench in this offseason. If OKC had a Jamal Crawford for example that series would have gone 7 and they would have probably won even with an average coach. Supporting cast does matter.

http://hoopshype.com/free_agency_2014.htm

free agency looks really good this year, just gotta see how much owner wants to spend.

The Kraken

What if Dantoni came in to run the offense?

Pauulzcappin

What if Dantoni came in to run the offense?
    D'antoni sucks. Need a coach who cares at least a little about defense.

The Kraken

D'antoni sucks. Need a coach who cares at least a little about defense.
    I know... That's why I was curious if he could come in just to run offensive sets. Didn't his offenses always seem to run well? Could you imagine if Steven Adams actually developed into a good player and they ran the triangle offense? Now that would be fun

First 123 Last