The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Value with the under in Wash/NJ

Obviously, without Butler and Arenas, Washington is a different team. Their offensive explosiveness will be tempered at least somewhat, and they may even try a defensive approach to compensate, which their coach butted heads with Arenas about earlier in the year.

On the other side, New Jersey is an older team, and they tend to play lower-scoring games on the second of back-to-backs.

The total is over 200 because of Washington's reputation and New Jersey's tendency to be high-scoring at times, but the circumstances for this game are much different than those that created the kinds of results the line is based on.

Unless Washington decides not to compete at all in this game and plays zero defense, this game will have a good shot at staying under.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

The under would be the way I'd play this game as well Mr.GanchrowHG. However, I will be passing on this game altogether.

fearless
    fearless's Avatar Become A Pro!

Excellent analysis. According to Vegas Insider, MGM-Mirage has the game 201½u-135, so they seem to agree with you.

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Liked this play too so I put a couple units on it....too bad both teams are absolutely lights out from 3 in the first half.