SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Marc Lawrence: Golden State +10 over San Antonio

Golden State +10 over San Antonio

Game Time: 4/7/2007 8:05:00 PM -
    By: Marc Lawrence
    http://www.playbook.com/

The Warriors have caught fire since a 40-point loss to the Spurs the last time these clubs met, and with the Spurs in a natural letdown spot after beating Phoenix, look for some payback.

Do not look now, but the Warriors are making a serious post-season run with their outstanding play as of late.

Tonight they catch the Spurs in a letdown spot, coming off of a national televised seven-point revenge win over Phoenix in a marquis game on Thursday. Golden State is also playing with humiliating double revenge here, having lost their last two meetings with San Antonio by 37 and 40 points respectively.

The Warriors have been on a roll since that last defeat however, and they are 7-1-1 against the spread in this series when they are playing off of back-to-back straight up and ATS wins. That is exactly the case here, so grab the points.

Play: Golden State Warriors +10

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Man, if I liked to lay chalk, I would take the Spurs here. But I don't so I won't.

Good luck with it, but I think the Spurs are the right side.

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

i cant lay the points w/ a team that lost by 40 in their first match up...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the over 205 in this game

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by tevari View Post
    i cant lay the points w/ a team that lost by 40 in their first match up...

you wouldn't be

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Spurs aren't a "letdown' type team. All business, little emotion in their play. Not sure they'll cover 10, but I don't think you can use a potential letdown as a reason to bet GS. Maybe revenge for losing by 40, but no letdown. Oh, and I actually love the under of 205.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm with Dan, I'm playing the over. I got burned the 1st time these two played when I took GS.

LargeMouthBass
    LargeMouthBass's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by babaoriley View Post
    Spurs aren't a "letdown' type team. All business, little emotion in their play. Not sure they'll cover 10, but I don't think you can use a potential letdown as a reason to bet GS. Maybe revenge for losing by 40, but no letdown. Oh, and I actually love the under of 205.
    Revenge factor is bullshit. I thought revenge factor would factor in when Seattle played San Antonio the second time. The outcome was the same... a blow out.

babaoriley

Let me explain my Under play: the Spurs are preparing for the playoffs. they know the lockdown D will be THE key to them winning a title. They will not be as porous as they were last time these two teams met. It's all about playoff preparation from here on out and they won't be taking the chances (running) they normally would. I truly love the Under and got it at 205.5.

babaoriley

Quote Originally Posted by LargeMouthBass View Post
    Revenge factor is bullshit. I thought revenge factor would factor in when Seattle played San Antonio the second time. The outcome was the same... a blow out.
    Revenge factor is every bit as relevant as "letdown game". Neither will be a factor in my opinion. Spurs will win by 6+ and the Under of 205.5 will hit. Not sure if the Spurs cover 10.5 though.

babaoriley

They're running with GS now, but I feel they will slow it down as the game rolls on.

babaoriley

Yikes, on pace for a 70+ point first quarter. That would hurt.

babaoriley

Even as a Spurs season ticket holder, apparently I know D-I-C-K... I've never seen so many open jumpers in my life. An appalling lack of defense. As announcer Sean Elliot just said, in a somewhat incredulous tone "Everybody's Open on every play". The Spurs may score 150 points tonight.