TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I Want To Know Why The League Doesn't Fine OKC For Faulty Injury Report

Never in a million years while wagering on sports have I ever witnessed the most bogus injury report ever. Ibaka is listed OUT OF PLAYOFFS. Why not just list him has Doubtful Game 1 and then go game to game. I smell some BS here.

easysaid
    easysaid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Sounds like someone had a big play on the spurs..

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Brooks looks like a little fukkin bitch.

"Don't know what to tell you, he's not coming back for the playoffs"

A week later he's starting, shit is fukkin pathetic.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by easysaid View Post
    Sounds like someone had a big play on the spurs..
    It screwed a lot of things up. My futures. Bankroll. Everything. I'm sure I'm not the only guy in the world this happened to. The NFL has rules about this... (guaranteed it's gambling related.) The NBA doesn't have rules about this? Saying someone's out for the Playoffs and then mysteriously a week later it's a miracle? It's bogus. Flat out.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

it's fukking retarded but it doesn't matter

spurs knew he was gonna play

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    It screwed a lot of things up. My futures. Bankroll. Everything. I'm sure I'm not the only guy in the world this happened to. The NFL has rules about this... (guaranteed it's gambling related.) The NBA doesn't have rules about this? Saying someone's out for the Playoffs and then mysteriously a week later it's a miracle? It's bogus. Flat out.
    I feel you man but spurs never thought he was out of it and they are the master of flopping and shit

i was pretty sure he was gonna play game 4, didn't think he would play game 3 though

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

It is shady but the Spurs won the first two when he was out so it wasn't some huge ploy to get an advantage, like saying he was done then he was back in game 1. I don't really see that much of an advantage...only gambling wise.

Spurs prepared for him this game so it didn't effect the game.

JeffTheShark
    JeffTheShark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

The NFL doesn't have rules preventing this.

The rules only stipulate that the team/player have to be honest. As long as you say 'I thought I was going to be out, but then I felt better' then you're 100% fine.

There are many occasions where we just need to accept that we are betting on a very small part of the actual event. We are a part of sports, but we're the part no one wants to mention or think about.

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

I thought spurz had this but im oklahoma. So i took under. Glad i did. Ibaka back gives us a small hope

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

are you not entertained!! No, really.. The only way to beat a team, is to own one.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Gotta be up to date with your shit.....There was talk of him coming back before the series even started

Not sure how this could have hurt a gambler already? Series bet is still live either way and if you bet huge game 3 before seeing what the deal was with Ibaka then that's your fault....Once again there was a good chance he was playing game 3....and he did

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

I get a little sensitive when I see a game 3 in a wcf and see all this. What cost them I think was, Spurs played bad, got bad calls, and OKC played at home ..decently.. with or without ibaka.. They won...period

WalkingLuckCharm
    WalkingLuckCharm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2947

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    are you not entertained!! No, really.. The only way to beat a team, is to own one.
    How did it screw up your futures? More curiously, how did you screw up your BR

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He seems ok..might of realized they had no shot at San Antonio so they rested his nagging injuries

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Never in a million years while wagering on sports have I ever witnessed the most bogus injury report ever. Ibaka is listed OUT OF PLAYOFFS. Why not just list him has Doubtful Game 1 and then go game to game. I smell some BS here.
    It was BS for sure. Moneylinedawg is right. Before game one of this series I was hearing from an NBA exec I met during clipper series that Ibaka was fighting to play the first couple games in San Antonio but the team was resisting. I even asked kraken about it in a thread because I know he is hard core OKC guy. That out for season claim was a joke from the outset, especially if they somehow had made the finals.

lesterdymond
    lesterdymond's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 223

Is Ibaka that relevant? Only if OKC ties up the series next game. Until then, Spurs just off last night.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by lesterdymond View Post
    Is Ibaka that relevant? Only if OKC ties up the series next game. Until then, Spurs just off last night.
    He definitely is.....more about how bad they got beat the first two games than what they did last night though

He had a stretch in the 3rd quarter where he had 3 nasty blocks in about 5 minutes and OKC grabbed the momentum right there and never looked back

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

If the Spurs lose the Series because Serge Ibaka came back...there's a problem. Pop should coach circles around Brooks, and SA still has to somehow win in San Antonio...which is going to be a chore

WildCelticsFan
    Update your status
    WildCelticsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11919

al jeff's injury sounded worst then ibaka's and he played...I totally expected ibaka to come back, and that's why a lot of the time I don't make my bet until the lineups are out, once I saw reggie Jackson and ibaka in starting lineup I pounded okc, with them 2 on the court together, spaces the floor out really well

TheMoneyShot

There's plenty of reasons why this is wrong. Reporting false or misleading information. In the NFL the injury report has nothing to do with the team you're going against. It's 100% for vegas and you the gambler. They claim it's for the team you're up against. That's a bunch of BS. It's gambling related... and nothing more. Secondly, for everyone indicating I should do more research about the injuries... what would you like me to do... call OKC's doctor up and ask him... hey... is Serge going to play tonight? Furthermore, some sporting websites give out false information... and services give out false information. You can't trust them either. And I'm not going to have 1,000 journalists and reporters and this and that on my Twitter feed. It's ridiculous. You tell the WORLD HE'S OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS... then he's out. End of story. 75% of my wagers are from fading public, ridiculous opening lines, thinking outside the box. 25% of them are practical common sense plays. If you don't think outside the box... you won't make money wagering on these games. I've done fine with this philosophy the last 5 years in the NBA and NFL.

Would love to have a conversation with a head linesman at Mirage or Wynn about Ibaka back in lineup on Sunday. What could they of done? The line didn't move at all when he was announced in the line up. Guy is a huge factor for OKC. Vegas was handcuffed. They couldn't do anything about it. They move the line any which way... they were going to get so fukking pounded... they just sat on the line.

Not only do I question this entire injury. It's fishy as hell. Of course... no reports of him tearing anything in the leg. But, listed as OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS. Clearly, Vegas didn't want that line to begin with... with Ibaka in the lineup. So what happened? Why the hush hush?

Gambling is a business... and someone fukked this up.

You simply can't produce a misleading injury report like OKC did.

Even coach popovich joked during the post game interview about Ginobili leaving the bench early...

"He'll be fine. Or... he's out for the rest of the playoffs."

WildCelticsFan
    Update your status
    WildCelticsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11919

but did u know at first they thought it was 2 different injures to his calf, and the other one normally takes 4 weeks to heal. that's reason they said he's done for the playoffs, and espically when I hear the word strained, I think a couple weeks and your good. if he broke something dif story, but who knows al jeff played through the pain

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

okc should not lose another game vs. spurs if ibaka plays. they are just better than the spurs with ibaka, he's that difference maker.

TwoWays

okc for +325 series win looks easy.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13134

Didn't Pops get fined 250K last year for not bringing players to Miami??? And Spolestra returned the favor when they went to SAS, only he was smart enough to come up with questionable injuries. LOL.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    okc for +325 series win looks easy.
    easy? talk about being influenced by one game. you're nuts

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    Didn't Pops get fined 250K last year for not bringing players to Miami??? And Spolestra returned the favor when they went to SAS, only he was smart enough to come up with questionable injuries. LOL.
    The Spurs did, not Popovich.

As for the Ibaka injury, the line movement or lack thereof was odd. It opened at Spurs -2 and didn't really budge even with Ibaka getting upgraded. OKC finally took some late action and closed at -2.5.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

I still don't see how Ibaka coming back already cost you money? Ibaka was announced as playing before the game started and the series is still live either way

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    I still don't see how Ibaka coming back already cost you money? Ibaka was announced as playing before the game started and the series is still live either way
    My wagers were already pending the day before. Typically I don't do that. I didn't want the line to go to PK or worse. I have a future with OKC. I have a future with San Antonio. I'm pissed off because this could become a series now (which I thought OKC would destroy them before the Ibaka injury). I just don't believe Miami can beat San Antonio or OKC. I don't believe Indiana can beat San Antonio or OKC. It's just my f'ing luck that Ibaka went down in that LAC game. Everything would of been fine and on schedule. If Ibaka was listed as Doubtful. I don't make other plays or estimates. He was listed as Out Of The Playoffs. Which makes me wonder... how rigged this was? Was this all a show? I don't trust the NBA. It's drama... and you have to always watch everything. Hard to do. We'll see how Game 4 turns out. If OKC wins... I think they might win the series. Westbrook and Durant played horrible. You can say San Antonio played horrible too... but athleticism will beat age every single day. The longer this series goes... advantage OKC. But back to the point.... whoreshi# on Ibaka coming back while listed as OUT.

Swaggy P
    Swaggy P's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Definitely some fishy shit going on, was quite confident with spurs going in with ibaka listed as not "100%" and that he'll be playing with "some pain"

Total fukking bs.

bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    just let him rant he is so bitter right now, just let him whine all day then when he realizes SA still wins this series he will shut up..

TwoWays

There's a stat out there that shows with ibaka on the floor San Antonio scores about 16 Pts per hundred possessions less than when he's off the floor. If ibaka continues to play San Antonio will lose this series.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20334

Definitely a faulty report. How does someone go from being out of the entire playoffs, to playing within a week. And Ibaka looked fine too, no lingering effects from the injury that I could see. I was expecting to see him limping around etc. He looked like the old Ibaka to me.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Thundergate 2014

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

What was funny was Reggie Miller was taking shots at Ibaka before Game 3, implying he's overrated and a non-factor and that the Spurs would roll anyway.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

The line told you he was playing...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: secretstash

12 Last