akphidelt
    akphidelt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 640

Are People actually Dumb enough to believe the NBA is Rigged?

Serious question, are people actually dumb enough to believe that the NBA rigs games? I hear people say it, and I'm not sure if they seriously believe it or not because it is so stupid. I personally call it gambler's paranoia... because only a degenerate gambler can believe in such silly conspiracy theories. And yea, some international 3rd world country soccer was fixed and college basketball players where players make $0 threw games were rigged... but the NBA? A multi billion dollar global business? And please don't mention Bernie Madoff or Enron as if every business in the world is corrupt and those were the only ones that got caught. Just uneducated nonsense.

What would the logistics even be? Stern or Silver who make millions of dollars a year going to refs and telling them to fix a game? They are millionaires controlling a billion dollar organization... none of them would put that liability on themselves unless they were mentally insane. Even the one ref who was caught being a degenerate gambler had absolutely no evidence on the NBA fixing games. He had no evidence of Stern or any high level official telling them to fix a game a certain way, he had no juicy information of Vegas CEO's coming through and telling them to fix games, or the mafia, or millions of dollars exchanging hands. He dealt with low level local gamblers and provided them crap information about what refs felt like about players or coaches.

Absolutely nothing of value. Be honest, for those of you guys who believe the NBA is fixed... how many of you own an armadillo helmet?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Tommy Karate

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

you are an absolute penetrating retard. it is legally open to be rigged. please end your miserable life

http://thefixisin.net/legal.html

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

You are the type to watch Apocalypse now and not realize every line has meaning. penetrate you and everyone like you. but thank you for letting me profit

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

NBA wouldnt be the multibillion dollar business it is today if it wasnt rigged. look how the ABA struggled and how the NBA struggled when it first was established. Study the history of the NBA and I bet even you will change your mind

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Fixed

akphidelt

Wow, 4 real life retards! Nice to meet you guys, lol.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by akphidelt View Post
    Serious question, are people actually dumb enough to believe that the NBA rigs games? I hear people say it, and I'm not sure if they seriously believe it or not because it is so stupid. I personally call it gambler's paranoia... because only a degenerate gambler can believe in such silly conspiracy theories. And yea, some international 3rd world country soccer was fixed and college basketball players where players make $0 threw games were rigged... but the NBA? A multi billion dollar global business? And please don't mention Bernie Madoff or Enron as if every business in the world is corrupt and those were the only ones that got caught. Just uneducated nonsense.

What would the logistics even be? Stern or Silver who make millions of dollars a year going to refs and telling them to fix a game? They are millionaires controlling a billion dollar organization... none of them would put that liability on themselves unless they were mentally insane. Even the one ref who was caught being a degenerate gambler had absolutely no evidence on the NBA fixing games. He had no evidence of Stern or any high level official telling them to fix a game a certain way, he had no juicy information of Vegas CEO's coming through and telling them to fix games, or the mafia, or millions of dollars exchanging hands. He dealt with low level local gamblers and provided them crap information about what refs felt like about players or coaches.

Absolutely nothing of value. Be honest, for those of you guys who believe the NBA is fixed... how many of you own an armadillo helmet?

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Do not waste your energy explaining to degenerates why they shouldnt believe into such conspiracy, hell they are
    dumb enough to bet their money even they think its rig.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 4 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: wikkidinsane, SportsMushroom, bigtymer56, and zizoudane10

Ballerholic
    Ballerholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

just watch the highlights of the lakers-kings playoffs series games 6 and 7

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Op have you ever heard of tim donaghy? you fukin retard

BCC585
    BCC585's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1206

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    This.
    Once someone gets exposed, it's hard not to think that there might be others fixing games.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Humans are imperfect. You think refs would be so good at holding secrets over so many decades? Yeh 1 or 2 may come out but we all know the percentage of snitches at your job that employees 14, at least half of them snitch

jubjub
    jubjub's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3152

Of course it's rigged.

If OKC win the west, the NBA wants a fairytale story.

If SAS win, the NBA wants a finals rematch.

Oh and don't forget, players can hit and miss shots at will to determine whether totals go o/u.

Hell yeah it's rigged, i've had too many bad beats to think otherwise.
    Last edited by jubjub; 05-26-14 at 07:53 AM.

Pattycakes0909
    Pattycakes0909's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 901

Quote Originally Posted by jubjub View Post
    Of course it's rigged.

If OKC win the west, the NBA wants a fairytale story.

If SAS win, the NBA wants a finals rematch.

Oh and don't forget, players can hit and miss shots at will to determine whether totals go o/u.

Hell yeah it's rigged, i've lost too much money to think otherwise.
    LOL, way to paint a story for either outcome....and yes, I am sure Russell can pull up from 40 ft. on a consistent basis and decide whether he is in the mood to let it drop or not.....

jubjub
    jubjub's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3152

Mate had OKC to win 11+ today, up 20 with 2mins left, won by 9. Sh!thappens people get over it.

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    Humans are imperfect. You think refs would be so good at holding secrets over so many decades? Yeh 1 or 2 may come out but we all know the percentage of snitches at your job that employees 14, at least half of them snitch
    Very well put wiki. There will be individual rare circumstances when a small group of people will conspire to fix a game but it's very rare. The fact is any widespread coordination is impossible. Like a famous american inventor said long before TMZ/Twitter/deadspin/national enquirer etc etc

Three people can keep a secret if two are dead. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Pattycakes0909 View Post
    LOL, way to paint a story for either outcome....and yes, I am sure Russell can pull up from 40 ft. on a consistent basis and decide whether he is in the mood to let it drop or not.....
    LOL funny
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: wikkidinsane

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

What a fukin idiot

gasto
    gasto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4362

Too many powerful forces for the games to not be rigged. Look what happened last night. Books took all Spurs money by making OKC slight favs -2

If you believe the NBA is rigged you would not have touched Spurs line. If you believes the NBA and tv networks would rather have a few more extra games you would not touch Spurs

And off course to add a little drama and sound effect here comes Ibaka to save OKC. Even if the players are not in on the fix the Refs can force their hand. How about the huge disparity in free throws in favor of OKC.

Any teasers with Spurs got cleaned because history said Spurs can't lose by double digits. Not so fast. All of a sudden the series dynamics have changed. OKC is back and Spurs will be scrambling

How are those Spurs to win series bettors feeling now. Not so fast. It's the NBA where amazing happens

bruins35
    bruins35's Avatar Become A Pro!

I guess op never saw the 3 spurs hit last night and ref took it away .let me go out on a limb and guess op watches cnn for news

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

all sports is fixed. don't live in a bubble op.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Any thing that involves gambling and the human element is going to be fixed some where along the way......it's just fact

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I just want to know who's GHOST YOU ARE. All of a sudden posting like crazy... so let's hear it.

Fed_42420
    Fed_42420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 227

It depends on your definition of "rigged". Refs have been caught trying to change the outcome of games, is that rigged? Players know what the lines and totals are, they miss or make garbage buckets at the end to change outcomes for bettors, is that rigged?

Fed_42420
    Fed_42420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 227

But if you think rigged only means that all players and coaches and refs sit down together and decide what will happen each night or series, then no it is not rigged

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3317

Some think the FIX is in for US sporting events. Do not buy it on grand conspiracy scale. Has it happened in isolated incidents with someone or multiple players are on the take. Yeah. But as a rule of thumb not buying it. Until it is proven.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Remember when the NBA become "Fan-Tastic"? That's when the fix officially became a reality. Like wrestling, they started manipulating the games to play to the fans. In the case of pro hoops, the manifesto was to send Dad and his little kids home happy. Happy fans buy merchandise and come back for other games. How else can one reasonably explain that home teams go to the free-throw line on average 5 times more per game than the road team? Those refs are cheats (as has already been proven) and they can manipulate any game to whatever effect they desire. I believe the basic goal is to send ticket-buyers home happy, prolong playoff series as long as possible, and do whatever else is in the best interest of the league making more and more money. To that degree it is definitely fixed.

akphidelt

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    Apparently you didn't read the OP. That's who I was talking about. And yes I read his book and no he did not provide any information of any league wide fixing of games.

akphidelt

Quote Originally Posted by gasto View Post
    Too many powerful forces for the games to not be rigged. Look what happened last night. Books took all Spurs money by making OKC slight favs -2

If you believe the NBA is rigged you would not have touched Spurs line. If you believes the NBA and tv networks would rather have a few more extra games you would not touch Spurs

And off course to add a little drama and sound effect here comes Ibaka to save OKC. Even if the players are not in on the fix the Refs can force their hand. How about the huge disparity in free throws in favor of OKC.

Any teasers with Spurs got cleaned because history said Spurs can't lose by double digits. Not so fast. All of a sudden the series dynamics have changed. OKC is back and Spurs will be scrambling

How are those Spurs to win series bettors feeling now. Not so fast. It's the NBA where amazing happens
    Or maybe the NBA really does not care about what the line is or series bettors problems. Maybe they make their billions of dollars by having players like Ibaka on the court creating a more competitive game? What you said here means absolutely nothing in terms of whether or not the game is fixed. Just because OKC won and the NBA gets more money by extra games, does not mean the NBA fixed the game. Is everyone in on the fix?? Because if you'd blame anyone for being in on the fix it would be the Spurs who were outrebounded 52-36 and shot 39.6% from the field. Apparently the NBA and refs rebound and take shots also.

akphidelt

Quote Originally Posted by Fed_42420 View Post
    It depends on your definition of "rigged". Refs have been caught trying to change the outcome of games, is that rigged? Players know what the lines and totals are, they miss or make garbage buckets at the end to change outcomes for bettors, is that rigged?
    How do you know players know what the lines and totals are? And why would they care whether or not to beat the line. Are they getting paid on top of their $10 million salaries to beat a spread. If so who is paying them and how much... the underground Vegas mafia?

Not buying it at all. I would say, garbage time players like to pad their stats more than anything and defenses don't play as hard. The fact some of the times garbage time effects bettors is just a logical fallacy. And no ref has been caught in the past 30 years trying to change the outcome of the game to beat a spread or a line. One rogue ref was caught because he was a degenerate gambler and got in to it with local gamblers. Definitely did not provide any evidence that the NBA rigs or fixes games for any reason.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I just want to know who's GHOST YOU ARE. All of a sudden posting like crazy... so let's hear it.

akphidelt

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I came from another site where I was an active poster for 7 years. Definitely not a ghost of this site.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Wait a minute is that akphidelt from the RX forum? you still talking out your ass i see...I am Loren78 aka 82 guy...I was schooling you over there..and I see I will have to do the same here...lets see...Should we believe Akphidelt or should we believe a mobster who was actually fixing games his damn self? LOL...your an idiot...

akphidelt

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    Wait a minute is that akphidelt from the RX forum? you still talking out your ass i see...I am Loren78 aka 82 guy...I was schooling you over there..and I see I will have to do the same here...lets see...Should we believe Akphidelt or should we believe a mobster who was actually fixing games his damn self? LOL...your an idiot...
    Hahahahaha!! OMG, aren't you the guy that thinks Kennedy's passenger shot him or that the 9/11 jets were holograms? Real life conspiracy theorist here, haha.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Hahahahaha!! OMG, aren't you the guy that thinks Kennedy's passenger shot him or that the 9/11 jets were holograms? Real life conspiracy theorist here, haha.
    And you're clearly a fukkin dumbass who is clueless

NBA not fixed

akphidelt

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    And you're clearly a fukkin dumbass who is clueless

NBA not fixed
    It's not. You're the dumbass who has no evidence and thinks a billion dollar organization just willy nilly goes around telling people to fix games as if it's nothing. This is just gamblers paranoia.

1234 ... Last