Tommy Karate
    Update your status
    Tommy Karate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12940

Quote Originally Posted by trevor123698 View Post
    You are the type to watch Apocalypse now and not realize every line has meaning. penetrate you and everyone like you. but thank you for letting me profit
    seems like this hit home for you....
    why so angry if you can profit off guys like the OP?

Tommy Karate
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    Op have you ever heard of tim donaghy? you fukin retard
    another tough guy from his keyboard....
    5ft5, 254 and 4 inches....

now go back and re-read his post to address your question....

Tommy Karate
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by akphidelt View Post
    I came from another site where I was an active poster for 7 years. Definitely not a ghost of this site.
    you should not of posted this in PT....NBA sub forum would have been better.
    this section is filled with angry keyboard warriors who do nothing but power post all day at each other about non-sense...

cane
    cane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3110

What draft did they fix?
    What SharpAngles is probably referring to is the draft lottery. The very first lottery was in 1985 and I 100% think the league rigged it so that the Knicks got the first pick in the draft which everyone knew would be Patrick Ewing.

gasto
    gasto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4362

OP is either clueless or an idiot living in lalaland. Fact is the vast majority of people who go to a ballpark or NBA game treat it as entertainment.

They could care less if home team won it lost. The only value they derive is fun and having a good time eating and drinking. Heck most people at a game are not even paying attention to at a lot of the minute details of how the game is called. Majority do not gamble either.

It's the people who gamble who are victims of the fixes. Stop being silly believing that a team owner or commissioner had to be involved. Roger Goodall it Stern are not Gods. People are going to do whatever they need to inspite of what you or Stern feels is right

The Italian league was proved to be fixed just like the Russian soccer league and many others. This has not stopped fans going to the games. Most fans are rational and know it's entertainment.

The same reason people get addicted to tv series even tegu know irs all fiction. Get a clue and stop believing in a perfect world.

akphidelt
    akphidelt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 640

Quote Originally Posted by gasto View Post
    OP is either clueless or an idiot living in lalaland. Fact is the vast majority of people who go to a ballpark or NBA game treat it as entertainment.

They could care less if home team won it lost. The only value they derive is fun and having a good time eating and drinking. Heck most people at a game are not even paying attention to at a lot of the minute details of how the game is called. Majority do not gamble either.

It's the people who gamble who are victims of the fixes. Stop being silly believing that a team owner or commissioner had to be involved. Roger Goodall it Stern are not Gods. People are going to do whatever they need to inspite of what you or Stern feels is right

The Italian league was proved to be fixed just like the Russian soccer league and many others. This has not stopped fans going to the games. Most fans are rational and know it's entertainment.

The same reason people get addicted to tv series even tegu know irs all fiction. Get a clue and stop believing in a perfect world.
    This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read, lol. You guys really do exist. Fun to see.

bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

it's the human condition to believe in conspiracy theories, humans like to know things that others don't know which is why conspiracy theories exist. It's just humans being humans, let them rant on about them it isn't going to change the fact that people will still bet.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by cane View Post
    What SharpAngles is probably referring to is the draft lottery. The very first lottery was in 1985 and I 100% think the league rigged it so that the Knicks got the first pick in the draft which everyone knew would be Patrick Ewing.
    Its all on video. U would have to be the biggest jackass on the planet to look at that film, and think everything was on the up and up. So many shady things happen in that video clear as day. You ever see how they do it now? In a bcak rooom where nobody can see but a bunch of crooks. Then they tell us how it all shook out

akphidelt

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Its all on video. U would have to be the biggest jackass on the planet to look at that film, and think everything was on the up and up. So many shady things happen in that video clear as day. You ever see how they do it now? In a bcak rooom where nobody can see but a bunch of crooks. Then they tell us how it all shook out
    Seen the video before. Definitely have to have an imagination to believe what you are watching is fixed.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24926

Wait, so the owners and even the league commissioner are unaware of the fact that it's rigged, but the players are fully aware and willing participants? Where do the coaches stand then? And who are these almighty syndicates that can just snap their fingers and determine the outcome of a game, while bypassing owners with billions invested and the league commissioner himself?

This is some funny shit. I get the feeling you're going to just make this up as you go along, considering logical thought is no friend of yours.

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

Nope... not fixed.... how can you retards be so, like, fukkin retarded?? Like, OMG, HaahAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!! What a buncha fukkin tards... Haahaahaahaaaa!

First uploaded on 7/29/08 (976,000 views on http://www.youtube.com/NFLranking) on the day Tim Donaghy was sentenced to 15 months in prison, however Tim WASN'T a referee in game 6, 2002 of the Western Conference Finals between the Los Angeles Lakers vs. the Sacramento Kings (Dick Bavetta, Bob Delaney, Ted Bernhardt were the 3 officials). Donaghy used that game in his defense versus the games he officiated, citing a "NBA culture" of officiating that favors the bigger markets. With that knowledge and the other officials' tendencies he won at a staggering 77% against the spread. There are some who oppose him, mainly his bookie Jimmy Battista, that refute most of Tim claims, yet all the major sports networks refuse to cover this story with the exception of 60 minutes, Foxnews, and Real Sports on HBO. I've followed this story since 2008 and as a lifelong Kings fan, I can't help but think if they had won in 2002, the Kings wouldn't be in jeopardy of being sold to Seattle.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I don't like to call it fixed or rigged. Players aren't involved, the refs just lean towards a side at times. That doesn't always mean it will matter but I feel they can do subtle things to help what the league wants to have a better chance of happening. Just my dump opinion.

akphidelt

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadSniper View Post
    Nope... not fixed.... how can you retards be so, like, fukkin retarded?? Like, OMG, HaahAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!! What a buncha fukkin tards... Haahaahaahaaaa!

First uploaded on 7/29/08 (976,000 views on http://www.youtube.com/NFLranking) on the day Tim Donaghy was sentenced to 15 months in prison, however Tim WASN'T a referee in game 6, 2002 of the Western Conference Finals between the Los Angeles Lakers vs. the Sacramento Kings (Dick Bavetta, Bob Delaney, Ted Bernhardt were the 3 officials). Donaghy used that game in his defense versus the games he officiated, citing a "NBA culture" of officiating that favors the bigger markets. With that knowledge and the other officials' tendencies he won at a staggering 77% against the spread. There are some who oppose him, mainly his bookie Jimmy Battista, that refute most of Tim claims, yet all the major sports networks refuse to cover this story with the exception of 60 minutes, Foxnews, and Real Sports on HBO. I've followed this story since 2008 and as a lifelong Kings fan, I can't help but think if they had won in 2002, the Kings wouldn't be in jeopardy of being sold to Seattle.
    Lol, one game in history of the NBA is all you need to be convinced it's rig. Even though you have zero evidence that it was other than a ref saying other refs had opinions, lol. You guys cannot possibly be adults?

Tommy Karate
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadSniper View Post

looks so slick when another paranoid conspiracy theorist puts together a convenient video...

akphidelt

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    I don't like to call it fixed or rigged. Players aren't involved, the refs just lean towards a side at times. That doesn't always mean it will matter but I feel they can do subtle things to help what the league wants to have a better chance of happening. Just my dump opinion.
    Who are they favoring? Not one team valued in the top 6 are in the conference finals. Miami/San Antonio/Indiana/Oklahoma City aren't really power market teams. Lebrun and Durant are power players, but basically you can make a case for any team reaching the finals or conference finals if you think the current group has been directed by the NBA. Seems to me the conspiracy theorists have a theory regardless of what teams make it.

Thor4140

Seen the video before. Definitely have to have an imagination to believe what you are watching is fixed.
    ur mind is set and unreachable. To look at that film and see nothing is sad. It really is. If anything the bent corner on the Knicks envelope should push ur mind a little but it looks like ur mind doesn't move at all. Hey im not complaining. All u guys who think a trillion dollar business (gambling world wide) is all on the up and up make my life easier. Without u guys i wouldn't waste my time betting on this stuff. U are a strange one. Politically u see all kinds of scams and i agree with them ut when it comes to sports u draw a line. That is if u are the same guy from the other joint. If sports betting was all on the up and up i could pick 99 percent every year. In high school when a teams best player is out they don't get better. In high School a shit team doesn't beat a great team. You know why that is? Because there is no money involved to steal off of gullible people.

Cuse0323

Who are they favoring? Not one team valued in the top 6 are in the conference finals. Miami/San Antonio/Indiana/Oklahoma City aren't really power market teams. Lebrun and Durant are power players, but basically you can make a case for any team reaching the finals or conference finals if you think the current group has been directed by the NBA. Seems to me the conspiracy theorists have a theory regardless of what teams make it.
    Only so much you can do with what teams make it. Also, wouldn't you say that the NBA would rather have longer series instead of sweeps? It isn't always about a team but the amount of games, resulting in more $. Last night could have been case of that, help OKC out so they can at least get a fifth game.

sballen
    sballen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2274

I already tried calling these people idiots to no avail. My advice; just drop if bc the morons will continue to believe it's rigged because they lose their bets and. The only possible reason could be that it's the NBA rigging games and not their own poor choices.

i laugh hysterically at the argument that they fix games to maximize revenue. If the NBA was proved to be fixed then they would lose so much money it's not even funny. These people are by and large morons and you can't try to rationalize with them so just forget it.

probably 95% of the conspiracy theorist don't even know what a gaming actuary is or how spreads are even determined. They'd rather believe a spread that doesn't match their preconceived idea is a fix because it allows them to blame their stupidity on others, which is what the ultimate uneducated people do.

you cant argue with idiot.

sballen

Quote Originally Posted by trevor123698 View Post
    you are an absolute penetrating retard. it is legally open to be rigged. please end your miserable life

http://thefixisin.net/legal.html
    read that whole article and the illogical jumps they make wouldn't pass an elementary grade school paper.

Maybe 5% of the ppl in these forums could make it in the business real world.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by sballen View Post
    read that whole article and the illogical jumps they make wouldn't pass an elementary grade school paper.

Maybe 5% of the ppl in these forums could make it in the business real world.
    Well, yourself included. I do love people who call others idiots when their grammar is that of an eight year old.

I don't think shit is fixed, that would indicate a script like WWE but to say shady things never happen then you're just being naive.

gasto

OP someone just told you how high school games play out. If Real Madrid played LA galaxy with no betting involved Real wod win 100 percent of the time. No question.

Once betting is a factor look what happens. Royals were highly favored vs Astros and and are 5 runs down. Yankees going vs Wacha. Cardinals are losing.

Toronto vs Tampa two pitchers with low Eras and total was set at 9 and it's 12 runs in and counting in 4th inning

There is a common threads in all these obvious plays. The public will be tilted one way and by some magic Astros become a offensive juggernaut. It's not conspiracy to think there is more to what the eye

I did not know these professional athletes are paragons of virtue. After all how many players come from the ghetto where people do what needs to be done. Just because you sign a million dollar contract today does not make you a mother Theresa

Charles Barkley admitted to gambling. You think he did not throw a game here or there in return for favors. Smell the coffee
    Last edited by gasto; 05-26-14 at 08:07 PM.

Thor4140

I already tried calling these people idiots to no avail. My advice; just drop if bc the morons will continue to believe it's rigged because they lose their bets and. The only possible reason could be that it's the NBA rigging games and not their own poor choices.

i laugh hysterically at the argument that they fix games to maximize revenue. If the NBA was proved to be fixed then they would lose so much money it's not even funny. These people are by and large morons and you can't try to rationalize with them so just forget it.

probably 95% of the conspiracy theorist don't even know what a gaming actuary is or how spreads are even determined. They'd rather believe a spread that doesn't match their preconceived idea is a fix because it allows them to blame their stupidity on others, which is what the ultimate uneducated people do.

you cant argue with idiot.
    i bet u are one of those guys who thinks the books target is to get equal action on both sides and get the juice

Eddy Munny

It's always the 2002 WCF that the conspiracy guys want to point to. That's apparently the holy grail in their evidence files. Maybe something shady did happen in that series. It was still during the Donaghy era even if Donaghy himself didn't work that game. But there's going to be corruption in any walk of life. That doesn't make it the "norm."

If fixing of NBA games was just a matter of fact, and was as rampant and widespread as some of you insist it is, then why are we reaching back 12 years every time the discussion comes up? I can prove to you that pro wrestling is fixed with the most recent pay-per-view. I don't have to go back to a WrestleMania that took place over a decade ago.

Isolated cases don't constitute and trend. A rogue firefighter who leads a double life as an arsonist doesn't mean that all fires are staged. But that's the logic you conspiracy theorists are applying. "All fires, or most of them, are fixed. It keeps the fire department in business so they can continue receiving tax revenue and so forth. It also creates heartwarming storylines and makes heroes out of ordinary men and women. If the fires weren't staged they would rarely, if ever, occur. That's what extinguishers are for. It's soooo rigged."

Get real.

akphidelt

i bet u are one of those guys who thinks the books target is to get equal action on both sides and get the juice
    I don't at all. I bet you are one of the guys that think Vegas sets the lines and then "Vegas" pays the NBA and everyone involved to go the opposite of the money, lol. Psycho conspiracy theorist. Hilarious.

sballen

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Well, yourself included. I do love people who call others idiots when their grammar is that of an eight year old.

I don't think shit is fixed, that would indicate a script like WWE but to say shady things never happen then you're just being naive.
    It's called typing fast on an ipad dipshlt. I had to laugh at the period mid sentence among a few others but clearly some people aren't intelligent enough to recognize typos vs. bad grammar, yourself included (hint; the last two words are a dig at you).

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

The rig is on in this Heat/Pacers game just look at all the calls Miami is getting so far

Tommy Karate
    Update your status

If sports betting was all on the up and up i could pick 99 percent every year. In high school when a teams best player is out they don't get better. In high School a shit team doesn't beat a great team. You know why that is? Because there is no money involved to steal off of gullible people.
    you just made it clear why you feel so paranoid...
    you're backing the heat too much when the king is out...

sballen

OP someone just told you how high school games play out. If Real Madrid played LA galaxy with no betting involved Real wod win 100 percent of the time. No question.

Once betting is a factor look what happens. Royals were highly favored vs Astros and and are 5 runs down. Yankees going vs Wacha. Cardinals are losing.

Toronto vs Tampa two pitchers with low Eras and total was set at 9 and it's 12 runs in and counting in 4th inning

There is a common threads in all these obvious plays. The public will be tilted one way and by some magic Astros become a offensive juggernaut. It's not conspiracy to think there is more to what the eye

I did not know these professional athletes are paragons of virtue. After all how many players come from the ghetto where people do what needs to be done. Just because you sign a million dollar contract today does not make you a mother Theresa

Charles Barkley admitted to gambling. You think he did not throw a game here or there in return for favors. Smell the coffee
    You should take a statistics 101 class and learn about probability theory, standard deviation, and sample size (and those are literally just the basics). Your post is laughable. OMG 4 games go against the square play and it's rigged. You did fail to mention all the games that followed the square play, oh but that wouldn't support your ignorant viewpoint. Nice selective choosing though.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

people are idiotic, owners of clippers says something to girlfriend and it is all over the news/internet..guy fixes nba and its all over the news..if the nba was rigged by the higher ups..indictments and lawsuits galore..

akphidelt

You should take a statistics 101 class and learn about probability theory, standard deviation, and sample size (and those are literally just the basics). Your post is laughable. OMG 4 games go against the square play and it's rigged. You did fail to mention all the games that followed the square play, oh but that wouldn't support your ignorant viewpoint. Nice selective choosing though.
    Not a single one of these conspiracy theorists has a single clue what you are talking about.

sballen

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    It's always the 2002 WCF that the conspiracy guys want to point to. That's apparently the holy grail in their evidence files. Maybe something shady did happen in that series. It was still during the Donaghy era even if Donaghy himself didn't work that game. But there's going to be corruption in any walk of life. That doesn't make it the "norm."

If fixing of NBA games was just a matter of fact, and was as rampant and widespread as some of you insist it is, then why are we reaching back 12 years every time the discussion comes up? I can prove to you that pro wrestling is fixed with the most recent pay-per-view. I don't have to go back to a WrestleMania that took place over a decade ago.

Isolated cases don't constitute and trend. A rogue firefighter who leads a double life as an arsonist doesn't mean that all fires are staged. But that's the logic you conspiracy theorists are applying. "All fires, or most of them, are fixed. It keeps the fire department in business so they can continue receiving tax revenue and so forth. It also creates heartwarming storylines and makes heroes out of ordinary men and women. If the fires weren't staged they would rarely, if ever, occur. That's what extinguishers are for. It's soooo rigged."

Get real.

These people are looney. I'm done arguing with these people, they won't change their mind.

sballen

Not a single one of these conspiracy theorists has a single clue what you are talking about.
    I know. That's why it's not worth even trying to engage with these people. It's hard for me to not point out stupid, but ignoring these clowns really is the best path.

Eddy Munny

According to "gasto," the best team in baseball should finish the regular season 162-0. If not, Vegas obviously intervened.

Cuse0323

You guys who think rigging or fixing or whatever is impossible are just looking at the extreme end of the conspiracy theories. No open mind to any possibilities of shadiness. This really is a pointless argument as no one will budge their opinion. I do think it isn't as bad as some who believe in it happening may think.

gasto

Get the penetrate outta here telling me to take a stats class. I use sas programming and you telling me to take a stats class. I rate risk for life assigning different weights to multiple variables.

I work with PhDs in econometrics and the least you can have is a Masters moron. Take an advanced econometrics class and then come back with that trash. I am done with you imbeciles. Argue about fixes but don't question academic credentials. Do you even have an advanced degree you moron

First 123456 ... Last