sballen
    sballen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2274

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    Probability theory?... It's a theory..I understand you have to give a point and so on, but how is it spot on? You said earlier its sharp so every Tom, dik, and Harry can't break. How? I told you I like bball and football, so I watch and sometimes bet, to make watching entertaining.
    Ever heard of the theory of gravity? Yea that's a theory too.

Your limited understanding of a science theory, is actually what's called a hypothesis. Again, Google is your friend before you keep making more of an ass of yourself than you already have, which is almost hard to believe at this point.

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

Quote Originally Posted by sballen View Post
    That guy is too funny. He claims rig since cpu models dont predict it exactly but also claims rig when a game ends up right at the projected total. He probably doesn't think variance is even in the English dictionary.
    I was going to address his post with the Law of Large Numbers... but I figured, "who am I kidding?"

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Ever heard of the theory of gravity? Yea that's a theory too.

Your limited understanding of a science theory, is actually what's called a hypothesis. Again, Google is your friend before you keep making more of an ass of yourself than you already have, which is almost hard to believe at this point.
    You can observe gravity with out human control. Your numbers game is just a theory. Sucker will be a sucker, what can I say.
    I thought you weren't responding to me anymore baller, guess deep down your scratching your head thinking.. What if this guys right and I've been dooped my whole life, it's basketball dude, get over it.

sballen

You can observe gravity with out human control. Your numbers game is just a theory. Sucker will be a sucker, what can I say.
    I thought you weren't responding to me anymore baller, guess deep down your scratching your head thinking.. What if this guys right and I've been dooped my whole life, it's basketball dude, get over it.
    Unfortunately you're wrong on nearly all fronts...yet again. And you're right, I did say I wasn't going to respond, but your stupidity is so astounding I just couldn't help it.

Sucker will be a sucker

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

akphidelt
    akphidelt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 640

The fact you guys think you can explain the game is rigged by bringing up couple games that were near the spread or total... or couple games that had bad calls is hilarious. Like they said, variance is just too complicated for you guys to understand. It's how conspiracy theorists roll.

James Marques

Still waiting on my LeBron v. Kobe never happening explanation. That shit would rival the Super Bowl in ratings... how did the NBA miss that gold mine?

akphidelt

What's the script for tomorrow night? Or do I have to wait until after the game?

gasto
    gasto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4362

For someone who does not believe on fixing you are truly astounding. What script do you need. Does this look like a mafia forum

Answer this. Billionaire owner Mark Cuban is on public record saying verbatim that of the 4 major sports the NBA is the only one where the majority of the public thinks it's fixed

So who should we believe. Your broke ass or at least an owner who is brave enough to acknowledge the under currents that involve his business

As for the stupid Stats guy trying to use variance and stuff to explain why an NBA total can easily land at the Vegas total. The models and stats are just not that good. It's the human beings playing to what they know to be the total or spread. In most cases at end of games the scoring either dramatically drops or accelerates.

How can you explain that. Even when the game has been decided why do NBA teams take so many seemingly meaningless time outs in the last two or so minutes

Wake up people. It's illegal to trade based on insider information. Hundreds of billions of stocks are traded every day. Most common sense people realize insider trading is real and just a part of the game. Just don't get why you fools think the NBA is somehow special and unlikely to be fixed
    Last edited by gasto; 06-05-14 at 08:11 AM.

James Marques

Quote Originally Posted by gasto View Post
    Answer this. Billionaire owner Mark Cuban is on public record saying verbatim that of the 4 major sports the NBA is the only one where the majority of the public thinks it's fixed

As for the stupid Stats guy trying to use variance and stuff to explain why an NBA total can easily land at the Vegas total. The models and stats are just not that good. It's the human beings playing to what they know to be the total or spread. In most cases at end of games the scoring either dramatically drops or accelerates.
    Mark Cuban later came out and said he made those comments in anger (something he commonly does). His quote: "The games are not rigged. Thats a complete insult to the players on the court and the incredible amount of effort they put into preparing for and playing the games. All 82 regular season and post season games. The NBA couldnt rig the games if it wanted to. And it doesnt want to. Its that simple."

"Variance and stuff..." I won't bother explaining, you clearly won't get it. I can assure you, however, the models ARE that good. It's called APBR-metrics, buddy. Look it up. And dramatically drops or accelerates? Let me guess, when you have the under, it magically accelerates. And when you have the over, it drops dramatically. Sound about right? I've gotta tell you, if you have no idea how it could possibly come so close to the number, you have NO BUSINESS betting totals whatsoever. That's not meant to be an insult: that's free advice. But again, in your world it is way easier to believe in an elaborate conspiracy to steal your $10 bet than it is to believe you're just wrong.
    Last edited by James Marques; 06-05-14 at 12:20 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MatI

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by James Marques View Post
    Mark Cuban later came out and said he made those comments in anger (something he commonly does). His quote: "The games are not rigged. Thats a complete insult to the players on the court and the incredible amount of effort they put into preparing for and playing the games. All 82 regular season and post season games. The NBA couldnt rig the games if it wanted to. And it doesnt want to. Its that simple."

"Variance and stuff..." I won't bother explaining, you clearly won't get it. I can assure you, however, the models ARE that good. It's called APBR-metrics, buddy. Look it up. And dramatically drops or accelerates? Let me guess, when you have the under, it magically accelerates. And when you have the over, it drops dramatically. Sound about right? I've gotta tell you, if you have no idea how it could possibly come so close to the number, you have NO BUSINESS betting totals whatsoever. That's not meant to be an insult: that's free advice. But again, in your world it is way easier to believe in an elaborate conspiracy to steal your $10 bet than it is to believe you're just wrong.
    He's retracted on numerous statements, trust me he believes his initial statement, but to not hurt the product he's involved in, decided to backtrack to not hurt his own pocket, the NBA rewarded him with a ring soon afterwards. Not specifically talking about you but some other "doubters" who keep coming to this thread are as curious and not sold on what they say and its pretty obvious. If someone made a thread trying to detail how Santa Claus was indeed real, Id totally ignore it, why? Because I KNOW such isnt and I woudnt waste my time with such nonsense.

sballen

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    He's retracted on numerous statements, trust me he believes his initial statement, but to not hurt the product he's involved in, decided to backtrack to not hurt his own pocket, the NBA rewarded him with a ring soon afterwards. Not specifically talking about you but some other "doubters" who keep coming to this thread are as curious and not sold on what they say and its pretty obvious. If someone made a thread trying to detail how Santa Claus was indeed real, Id totally ignore it, why? Because I KNOW such isnt and I woudnt waste my time with such nonsense.
    Guys just trust him, he totally knows what Cuban really meant...just trust him. And people wonder why we think the conspiracy theorists are morons.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

For someone who does not believe on fixing you are truly astounding. What script do you need. Does this look like a mafia forum

So who should we believe. Your broke ass or at least an owner who is brave enough to acknowledge the under currents that involve his business

How can you explain that. Even when the game has been decided why do NBA teams take so many seemingly meaningless time outs in the last two or so minutes

Wake up people. It's illegal to trade based on insider information. Hundreds of billions of stocks are traded every day. Most common sense people realize insider trading is real and just a part of the game. Just don't get why you fools think the NBA is somehow special and unlikely to be fixed
    Agree

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Martha Stewart, would never do anything like that and Bernie madoff never manipulated the numbers to his liking, no, no, no... Didn't happen, this is real world, not some ball game.

akphidelt

Martha Stewart, would never do anything like that and Bernie madoff never manipulated the numbers to his liking, no, no, no... Didn't happen, this is real world, not some ball game.
    Nice logical fallacies. So Bernie Madoff got caught in a ponzi scheme so the NBA has to be rigged? Great logic, you seem really intelligent.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by akphidelt View Post
    Nice logical fallacies. So Bernie Madoff got caught in a ponzi scheme so the NBA has to be rigged? Great logic, you seem really intelligent.
    what I'm saying is, if the stock market is subject to insider trading, the nba can't be...except the one ref on the one game ...right..

akphidelt

what I'm saying is, if the stock market is subject to insider trading, the nba can't be...except the one ref on the one game ...right..
    Lol, the stock market and the NBA are not the same thing. And yes, that ref got caught and severely punished. Can it happen, yes. Do you have any evidence of it happening, absolutely not. So you are believing in ghosts. That's why we consider you guys conspiracy theorist loons. Because you are adamant that it's happening yet you have no proof that it is.

cane
    cane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3110

And every time I ask you to provide an example of any ref (other than Donaghy) that has fixed games, you come up empty. You can't give us one example of a referee fixing a game, not one. Please show me evidence of this happening, or STFU already.

sballen

Quote Originally Posted by cane View Post
    And every time I ask you to provide an example of any ref (other than Donaghy) that has fixed games, you come up empty. You can't give us one example of a referee fixing a game, not one. Please show me evidence of this happening, or STFU already.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Gl, It's where amazing happens!!

sballen

Gl, It's where amazing happens!!
    And yet there you go again ignoring canes specific question. Such a dipshit you are. You and frogdick are so intellectually deficient I almost feel bad for you all...almost. There is a little pity though as you're bound to be handicapped with earning much of a salary (or hourly wage in your case) in life with that sort of ineptitude.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

And yet there you go again ignoring canes specific question. Such a dipshit you are. You and frogdick are so intellectually deficient I almost feel bad for you all...almost. There is a little pity though as you're bound to be handicapped with earning much of a salary (or hourly wage in your case) in life with that sort of ineptitude.
    Ok...baller, talking smack on a forum, something rich people do, ridiculous. Your dumb, your dumb..lame
    go on with your theories and fairy tales. I'm done with the mental midget exercise.

sballen

Ok...baller, talking smack on a forum, something rich people do, ridiculous. Your dumb, your dumb..lame
    go on with your theories and fairy tales. I'm done with the mental midget exercise.
    So you're not going to answer the question then? Shocker. Honestly though you sound like you're probably no more than 13 years old (or just really fukkin dumb) so I'll just put u on ignore and move on.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

So you're not going to answer the question then? Shocker. Honestly though you sound like you're probably no more than 13 years old (or just really fukkin dumb) so I'll just put u on ignore and move on.
    Im 29 and probably seen more life and death experiences then your whole family. You go back in fairy world and just leave me be, smartest thing you've said yet, move on!

gasto
    gasto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4362

Skip held why do you insist on others answering your questions when you have not answered one single question.

Again what makes you believe more Cubans retraction instead of his original statement. Just because it fits your narrative that shit is not fixed. Don't you think Cuban is smart enough or has people who quickly realized that his statements would hurt the NBA brand and on the process his pocket. He is a penetrating capitalist what do you expect him to say.

You really have no clue how the real world works. All theories on the world will not work when humans intervene

As for this buffoon who keeps glorifying stats and models. If models were so perfect answer this

BkofAma had an error in their model that calculates Capital. Mistake meant they overstated their capital levels by 3.5 billion. The Fed gets these results every year. Mistake went on for 5 years until one junior employee noticed the error. BofA us the biggest bank in the world. The Fed is the Fed yet nobody caught this error for 5 years. This is real life models in action. Models produce estimates and not the wonderkid you are trying to portray here

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24926

Alright, so who's going to be the first bozo to assert that the failed A/C in San Antonio was all too "fishy."

Gasto? TwoWays? Anyone?

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11090

Spurs practiced in 90 degree heat to prepare then shut off the ac intentionally

James Marques

Skip held why do you insist on others answering your questions when you have not answered one single question.

Again what makes you believe more Cubans retraction instead of his original statement. Just because it fits your narrative that shit is not fixed. Don't you think Cuban is smart enough or has people who quickly realized that his statements would hurt the NBA brand and on the process his pocket. He is a penetrating capitalist what do you expect him to say.

You really have no clue how the real world works. All theories on the world will not work when humans intervene

As for this buffoon who keeps glorifying stats and models. If models were so perfect answer this

BkofAma had an error in their model that calculates Capital. Mistake meant they overstated their capital levels by 3.5 billion. The Fed gets these results every year. Mistake went on for 5 years until one junior employee noticed the error. BofA us the biggest bank in the world. The Fed is the Fed yet nobody caught this error for 5 years. This is real life models in action. Models produce estimates and not the wonderkid you are trying to portray here
    Well this is just stupid. You're right, models make mistakes all the time. Again, for the zillionth time... it's called variance. What you seem to be missing, logically, is treating a model like a sniper's bullet. It's more like a shotgun blast. If that center of mass is within a certain threshold, it's a viable play. Could still lose... but a few percentage points in your favor will do big things for you in the long run. It amazes me the utter lack of basic gambling knowledge in this thread. It's a sports betting forum, jesus!!!!!

importmoon
    happiness is a warm gun
    importmoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4806

why so many extra innings ...big rally after 6 innings.. over-time hockey.. cuz live betting changes everything dude... wall street...triple crown... if california chrome wins Vegas will go belly up... always fade majority... Live betting for the degen changes everything.. I rest my case...amen.. may the force be with you

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

What's more likely to be rigged: NFL NBA or SBR poker?

First ... 22232425