MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

Rule 6.09(3) If you fuk your sister, wear a condom. The world needs no more Fishheads.

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

1. bet every game on the board
    2. call your cousin Lou & ask what he thinks
    3. If you lose $500 play $1000 on the next, you gotta win sometime!
    Well, gotta go. Public Library is closing & I gotta get back to the shelter before lights out

Hybris
    Hybris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1471

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyF0cker View Post
    Rule 6.09(3) If you fuk your sister, wear a condom. The world needs no more Fishheads.

ATX
    ATX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 27

1. don't scalp your indian. not a great idea to bet something 2 different ways at the same shop. they hate it.

ATX

2. fade the public. after about a month into the season when it's less of an info game. not blindly, but it's a bad idea to be on public dogs for sure.

ATX

3. try to figure out which teams are going to be really bad and limit the number of bets you put on them throughout the season. I lost over 60% of my bets on the Clippers for 8 years. last year I focused on ending the madness, figured out their team tendencies and did better than 60% on them last year through their last game. I may bet on some of the Nets totals this year, but I'm not going to waste a lot of time and energy trying to figure out if they will lose by 9 instead of 11.

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

This thread is ignorant. Common sense. Go post this in the think tank with the other dicksuckers.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

This thread got shitcanned from the Think Tank because it's worthless. At least we can both agree on that, Richie...

ATX

4. learn to beat multiple sports and multiple subsets within those sports. 2nd halves are highly exploitable. solid info destroys first quarter lines in some situations. some very silly dog moneylines hit the screen. if one has an advantage in multiple subsets one can pick and choose higher percentage wagers, ignore marginal +EV situations, and maintain decent volume. avoiding variance makes things a lot easier long term. If I think something is 50/50 and I can get +105 I'm probably not betting it. sounds silly to the math guys, but there is better stuff out there almost every day. the last thing someone starting out needs to get involved with is the psychological trauma of inevitable losing streaks. 50/50 stuff is going to go 2-7 far too often, it can be argued that even though it is mathematically +EV to bet these...in actuality the grind makes them unprofitable if it affects someone psychologically. quite a few of these games moving around pk are a bit of a coin-flip. Pitt/Cin comes to mind.

ATX

5. don't listen to the mathtards at SBR. they are scared.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

if you cant create your own line then you're fukd

just give up now

ATX

6. set realistic goals. money management is the #1 factor in any type of investment. I rarely have more than 25% of total bankroll outstanding on a day's action. I would rather short-change my advantage than deal with a really bad day. the sun always rises in the morning, there are always other games on the horizon that moving forward I can exploit. you will lose at least 13 games in a row at some point, it's just a matter of when. 15% is achievable consistently in every sport every year betting a relatively low percentage of bankroll on each event. consistency trumps.

ATX

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    if you cant create your own line then you're fukd

just give up now
    that isn't important.

just pick the winner.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

so all I have to do is pick the winner?

I have been going about this the wrong way

ATX

7. follow a proven winner like Pags, DacViet, or mofome.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

How fitting that a worthless poster like ATX would contribute his ignorance to a worthless thread like this.

ATX

This thread got shitcanned from the Think Tank because it's worthless. At least we can both agree on that, Richie...
    you sure seem to spend a big chunk of time in < worthless > threads.

8. capitalizing the first word of every sentence takes up valuable time that could be spent researching games and posting in best set of rules threads at SBR. one can fit a half-dozen extra games in each year not reaching for the shift key.

mikemac21
    mikemac21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

weeeeeeeeee

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    SIMPLY JUST POST YOUR TEN RULES AND VOTE ON WHO'S 10 RULES YOU LIKE THE MOST. OR JUST VOTE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SHARE YOURS. OR HANDPICK AND POST ON ONES FROM EACH LIST AND POST THEM.(NOTE)WHEN HAND PICKING YOU DON'T HAVE TO PICK 10 THERE MIGHT NOT BE TEN THAT YOU LIKE.(2ND NOTE)WHEN VOTING YOU CAN'T VOTE ON YOURSELF.

Example: on voting. just post like this: I like alabamakids list the best because: your reason and comments goes here.
    Example: on hand picking
    1 alabamakid's 5th rule post reason here
    2 johnnydangerously's 1st rule post reason here
    3 frankywhite's 3rd rule post reason here
    4 etc.
    5 etc.
    6 etc.
    7 etc.
    8 etc.
    9 etc.
    10 etc.
    Please keep comments respectful/constructive criticism only please.
    OK this is a rough draft so i will be editing as i get feedback so opinions are welcome.

OK now i will be brave enough to post my 10 rules for sports betting now.
    Remember this is a exercise to help all willing members make
    better decisions when sports betting.
    RULE#
    #1 NEVER GET ATTACHED TO BETTING ON SPECIFIC TEAMS OR SPORTS: Example the colts have been doing great for me so i am going to ride them to the bank all season: or i am sticking to football because i don't know much about basketball.
    Remember it's a game of odds not sport.

#2 ALWAYS LISTEN TO YOUR GUT: IF YOU HAVE A BAD FEELING ABOUT THE BET DON'T BET!IF HAVE A GOOD FEELING ABOUT THE BET BET IT!

#3 NEVER GO ON TILT: MEANING GETTING ANGRY WHEN YOU LOSE A BET OR MAKING FOOLISH DECISIONS LIKE DOUBLING DOWN, OR AN I'LL SHOW THEM BOOKIES ATTITUDE! "AN ANGRY MIND IS A LOSING MIND"

#4 ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT SPORTS BETTING IS THE ONLY FORM OF GAMBLING WHERE YOU CAN USE TRUE LOGIC AND NOT HAVE TO RELY SOLELY ON LUCK LIKE ALL OTHER FORMS! YOU HAVE A VAST AMOUNT OF INFORMATION ABOUT THE INVESTMENT YOUR ABOUT TO MAKE AT YOUR FINGER Tips USE IT!

#5 MODERATE YOUR HIGHS AND LOWS: WHEN YOUR ON A STREAK DON'T GET THE ATTITUDE THAT YOUR THE KING AND YOU'LL NEVER LOSE AGAIN!"Eat a huge serving of humble pie" WHEN YOU LOSE DON'T GET DOWN ON YOURSELF AND SAY THAT'S IT I'M TAKING THE BRIDGE! JUST CALM YOURSELF AND SAY TO YOURSELF OH WELL I CANT WIN THEM ALL OR ANALISE ALL YOUR DECISIONS AND SEE IF YOU MADE A MISTAKE OR I,LL DO BETTER TOMORROW. Definition of insanity:"someone who does the same thing over and over again expecting a different result"

#6 DON'T WATCH THE GAMES OR SCORES: UNLESS YOU ARE WINNING OR HAVE A GOOD FEELING ABOUT YOUR CHANCES IT IS NOT WORTH THE HELL YOU'LL PUT YOURSELF THROUGH "LIKE A WILD STALLION RUNNING TOWARDS A BURNING STABLE!" REMEMBER THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT AN OUTCOME OF A GAME BY PAYING ATTENTION TO IT.

#7 NEVER RISK A GREAT DEAL OF MONEY ON POOR ODDS:
    LIKE PARLAY'S&FUTURES. TEASERS OF MORE THAN TWO TEAMS. JUST BET SMALL AMOUNTS FOR THE FUN OF IT NOT CARING IF YOU LOSE SO THAT WHEN YOU DO WIN IT'S LIKE A CHRISTMAS PRESENT UNEXPECTED.

#8 DON'T BECOME ADDICTED: EVERYONE KNOWS WHEN THEY ARE ADDICTED (THEY JUST DON'T TELL THEIR SELF) WE'LL LEAVE GAMBLERS ANONYMOUS HANDLE THIS ONE.

#9 ALWAYS MAKE DECISIONS BASED ON YOUR BEST CHANCE TO WIN NOT FAVORITISM: FOR EXAMPLE JUST BECAUSE A TEAM DESTROYED THIS WEEK DOES NOT MEAN THEY WILL NEXT WEEK OR EVERYBODY SAYS THE COWBOYS ARE GOING TO DESTROY THE GIANTS SO I GOT TO TAKE THEM. (ALWAYS ASK YOURSELF HOW CAN I GET THE ODDS IN MY FAVOR.)

#10 ALWAYS HAVE FUN: YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY. (IF YOU DON'T LOVE WHAT YOU DO YOU'LL NEVER SUCCEED)

Well folks that's my list and i am "trying" to stick to it!
    Good luck everybody
    PAULYPOKER
    Rule #4 is not true. Obviously you are not a gambler, or you would know that Poker and Blackjack fit into that catagory as well.

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

1. Trust your original instinct. If a line jumps out at you, check mark that bitch. Do your capping and if you find more reason to like it, play it. If you find info to give you pause, consider not playing it, or dropping the value. Never change your bet.

2. Fukk Parlays.

3. No NFL team is as good as everyone thinks and no NFL teams is as bad as everyone thinks. You must accurately gauge each team and ignore the flavor of the week/month that talking heads will tell you is the best/worst team ever. Ex: Any Pats line in '07 starting with -24 vs Phi and after.

4. Never tease college football...ever. If you tease NFL, learn some Wong and pay attention to those key numbers.

5. Use multiple accounts, giving you multiple outs and always shop for your best line.

6. Bet with your head, not your heart. Sorry, some of these are cliches, but they are built on truth. So we should just include bet with your head not over it as well. you never want to be out of the game. the house will never be out of the game, their BR is infinite, your's is not.

7. Never double down and don't bet a game just cause it is on TV. Sure these were mentioned, no need to write em up, but they cannot be ignored.

8. Fade Lang.

9. Find cappers that are better than you to follow. I am only good in football, and pretty much only NFL. So i figure there have got to people like me, just with their strength in a different sport.

10. ALWAYS, ALWAYS REMEMBER you do not know everything. learn everything you can. find successful cappers/bettors and ask questions. cruise any page here and you will find threads based on ego, driven by ego and tons of posts clouded by ego. the hardest thing to do is admit you need help. i expect if anyone reads this post, there will be some that bash it. they are also the ones that are broke or reload every few months. we are engaged in an ultimate version of "i told you so." but if your main ambition is to be able to prove someone else wrong, you will not win long term.

only 10? think i could double that list.

GL all

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

BigdaddyQH

And as for you big daddy your so full of shit you can't hide it anymore all you are is a spineless critic that likes to talk smack to everybody i have not seen you post a positive
    comment yet. You sure your real name is not oscar?
    Last edited by PAULYPOKER; 12-09-09 at 12:23 AM.

PAULYPOKER

GREATPOST MONKEY FACE I BET YOUR ABOUT READY TO RETIRE ON THAT SYSTEM OF RULES Whats that ?
    not Quite yet. ohhh that is to bad but i know what your missing in your list . YOU READY? IT'S YOUR MOTHER

PAULYPOKER

MonkeyF0cker

How fitting that a worthless poster like ATX would contribute his ignorance to a worthless thread like this.
    MMM! I WONDER WHAT YOUR POINT WAS ON THIS ONE OH I GET IT YOU WERE TRYING TO DEFINE YOURSELF

PAULYPOKER

[PROFIT

quote=THE PROFIT;2712251]1. bet every game on the board 2. call your cousin Lou & ask what he thinks 3. If you lose $500 play $1000 on the next, you gotta win sometime! Well, gotta go. Public Library is closing & I gotta get back to the shelter before lights out[/quote]

AND YOU I GUESS YOU ARE A FOLLOWER .
    AND DATS ALL I GOTTA SAY BOUT DAT
    Last edited by PAULYPOKER; 12-08-09 at 01:33 PM.

PAULYPOKER

And as far as the rest of the rain men that i missed that tried to trash my post
    well you know where you can go back to your ttttthhhhiiiinnnkkk scank
    ILL EVEN GIVE YOU A NEW PROVEN SYSTEM ITS CALLED NUMBERS DONT WWWOOORRRK!
    Last edited by PAULYPOKER; 12-08-09 at 10:51 AM.

ATX

Quote Originally Posted by statnerds View Post
    1. Trust your original instinct. If a line jumps out at you, check mark that bitch. Do your capping and if you find more reason to like it, play it. If you find info to give you pause, consider not playing it, or dropping the value. Never change your bet.

2. Fukk Parlays.

3. No NFL team is as good as everyone thinks and no NFL teams is as bad as everyone thinks. You must accurately gauge each team and ignore the flavor of the week/month that talking heads will tell you is the best/worst team ever. Ex: Any Pats line in '07 starting with -24 vs Phi and after.

4. Never tease college football...ever. If you tease NFL, learn some Wong and pay attention to those key numbers.

5. Use multiple accounts, giving you multiple outs and always shop for your best line.

6. Bet with your head, not your heart. Sorry, some of these are cliches, but they are built on truth. So we should just include bet with your head not over it as well. you never want to be out of the game. the house will never be out of the game, their BR is infinite, your's is not.

7. Never double down and don't bet a game just cause it is on TV. Sure these were mentioned, no need to write em up, but they cannot be ignored.

8. Fade Lang.

9. Find cappers that are better than you to follow. I am only good in football, and pretty much only NFL. So i figure there have got to people like me, just with their strength in a different sport.

10. ALWAYS, ALWAYS REMEMBER you do not know everything. learn everything you can. find successful cappers/bettors and ask questions. cruise any page here and you will find threads based on ego, driven by ego and tons of posts clouded by ego. the hardest thing to do is admit you need help. i expect if anyone reads this post, there will be some that bash it. they are also the ones that are broke or reload every few months. we are engaged in an ultimate version of "i told you so." but if your main ambition is to be able to prove someone else wrong, you will not win long term.

only 10? think i could double that list.

GL all
    I agree with all of these. except for #10 as I know everything. I look forward to posting more in the Think Tank, looks like plenty of bitching going on with the skirts in there and I can give them plenty to whine about.

PAULYPOKER

Fair warning! To all OF you that think you can come on this thread and trash it !
    Try it. and i will ride you like a rented MULE!
    Last edited by PAULYPOKER; 12-08-09 at 11:47 AM.

PAULYPOKER

To all that participated in this exercise so far i appologise
    i just had to do a little trash cleaning

007Fatty
    007Fatty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good rules man.
    If you follow those
    you should be doing good=)

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Quote Originally Posted by GELATINOUS CUBE View Post
    1. Just bring the sports page to the book.
    2. Handicap for at least 5 minutes.
    3. Have a set amount to lose, maybe $50 if you are an out of work railroad flagman
    4. Write down the numbers of some solid teams on top of the card.
    5. Walk to the window.

6. Place 5 $10 6-team parlays with a bunch of solid teams with big players
    7. Buy a beer
    8. Start yelling and cussing when you're parlays all start to fukk.
    9 kick you're chair over.
    10. Go home broke.

I see both as winning strategies here!

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    I see both as winning strategies here!
    I can understand you believing that. maybe you should use it

PAULYPOKER

It is funny how the rainmen in the thinktank try to trash every system that does not deal with numbers like it is some kind of threat or something. well my system has a number 1in it and is one of the digits on my hand your odds are 1 in 5
    can you calculate which 1?

babyanni
    babyanni's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Fair warning! To all OF you that think you can come on this thread and trash it !
    Try it. and i will ride you like a rented MULE!

JoeC
    JoeC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Your better off using a dvr to tape the game so you already know who wins before you watch it. I have a bad habit of always watching a game that i'm losing alot longer than a game that i am winning.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by ATX View Post
    I agree with all of these. except for #10 as I know everything. I look forward to posting more in the Think Tank, looks like plenty of bitching going on with the skirts in there and I can give them plenty to whine about.
    Why don't you come in and give us your data that shows that BetPhoenix is sharper than pinnacle.

First 12345 ... Last