akphidelt
    akphidelt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 640

Uh Oh! Mark Cuban brings up Black Kid in a Hoodie reference! Talking about Sterling!

I honestly don't get why any owner would even attempt to justify Donald Sterling's actions at this point. Just shut your mouth and you'll do fine. Now Mark Cuban says...

"I mean, we're all prejudiced in one way or another. If I see a black kid in a hoodie and it's late at night, I'm walking to the other side of the street."

Now regardless of how truthful that statement is, because I'm pretty sure most of us would do the same... why in the world would he even mention that??

Hopefully the mainstream media doesn't pick it up. The Trayvon crowd will be out and about looking for blood!

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...w-handles-them

akphidelt

Cuban made up for it with this comment, hahahaha. I like this.

"I'm the one guy who says, 'Don't force stupid people to be quiet.' I want to know who the morons are."

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

As an owner, it benefits him to fight for the rights of other owners, especially when there is a precedent involved.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8987

Quote Originally Posted by akphidelt View Post

"I'm the one guy who says, 'Don't force stupid people to be quiet.' I want to know who the morons are."
    Thats a good one.

Also said he's afraid of bald tattooed up white dudes. Lol

akphidelt

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    As an owner, it benefits him to fight for the rights of other owners, especially when there is a precedent involved.
    I don't know, I understand, but Sterling has definitely not helped himself out and I definitely would not be making comments about going to the other side of the street if you see a black kid in a hoodie.

Now I'm looking at this from an owner, billionaire, public eye view... I personally would walk across the street.

akphidelt

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Thats a good one.

Also said he's afraid of bald tattooed up white dudes. Lol
    Hahaha, I saw that. Why would he even talk about that... lol. What streets does Cuban walk down where he sees black kids in hoodies or white bald dudes with face tattoos.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

People say Sterling hasnt helped himself with other comments but bottom line didnt matter if he came out crying and apologizing, those who are behind the scheme to get his team from him wouldnt have cared. No problems with Cuban's comments, I respect people who speak their mind and I have no respect for fake people. Although in light of Trayvon Martin he shouldnt have used the term hoodie. Martin was the first thing that came to my mind.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

I don't know, I understand, but Sterling has definitely not helped himself out and I definitely would not be making comments about going to the other side of the street if you see a black kid in a hoodie.

Now I'm looking at this from an owner, billionaire, public eye view... I personally would walk across the street.
    It does seem risky to justify or trivialize sterlings comments. I think Cuban knows the long term consequences of a harsh punishment for sterling, would be devastating for all owners. He knows it's a big deal so hes going hard in the paint with his own comments. IMO trying to dilute the situation, like "hey, everyone one is racist, come on people"(which everyone knows is essentally true anyway).

akphidelt

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    People say Sterling hasnt helped himself with other comments but bottom line didnt matter if he came out crying and apologizing, those who are behind the scheme to get his team from him wouldnt have cared. No problems with Cuban's comments, I respect people who speak their mind and I have no respect for fake people. Although in light of Trayvon Martin he shouldnt have used the term hoodie. Martin was the first thing that came to my mind.
    I'd say maybe if Sterling didn't have a history the owners and Cuban would have a better case. But there is just nothing to do to save Sterling now. I honestly think the vote will be 29-1. Apparently the Clippers do get a vote.

akphidelt

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    It does seem risky to justify or trivialize sterlings comments. I think Cuban knows the long term consequences of a harsh punishment for sterling, would be devastating for all owners. He knows it's a big deal so hes going hard in the paint with his own comments. IMO trying to dilute the situation, like "hey, everyone one is racist, come on people"(which everyone knows is essentally true anyway).
    What I don't understand is why the biggest talk is about him saying "Don't bring black guys to my games". If you listen to the whole audio there are far more racist comments in there, lol. Like white jews are 100% better than black jews. He even tells his girlfriend to remove the black out of her and become white and latina, hahaha.

And then he attacks Magic in his interview with Cooper. If I was Cuban or an owner I would not say anything on this issue and just let this guy go. Nothing good will come out of keeping him in the league.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Freedom of Speech

Who gives a fuk what we say about blacks or whites

Its OPEN GAME IN MY MIND

Sterling is a hero in many eyes

akphidelt

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Freedom of Speech

Who gives a fuk what we say about blacks or whites

Its OPEN GAME IN MY MIND

Sterling is a hero in many eyes
    A hero to fellow racists, lol. A villain to the common sense community.

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

Sterling for president

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

There is no freedom of speech in private entities.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

The vote will not be 29-1, I promise you that. Itll be very close to the 75% needed.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    The vote will not be 29-1, I promise you that. Itll be very close to the 75% needed.
    Since the vote going to be private...if will be close

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

If I see a black kid with a hoodie or a white guy with tattoos, I don't cross the street, I go up to them and jack their shit homie! Fukking pussy!

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13110

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    If I see a black kid with a hoodie or a white guy with tattoos, I don't cross the street, I go up to them and jack their shit homie! Fukking pussy!
    Is that why weapons were invented??? LOL.

akphidelt

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    Disagree... I think it will be 29-1. Only vote coming from the Clippers.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Sterling is getting fukkin' screwed. He's a shit owner, so good riddance, but to do it like this is something every owner there should have issue with. Hell, I have issue with it. The whole precedent makes me uncomfortable.

akphidelt

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Sterling is getting fukkin' screwed. He's a shit owner, so good riddance, but to do it like this is something every owner there should have issue with. Hell, I have issue with it. The whole precedent makes me uncomfortable.
    Why shouldn't an Association be able to vote out owners in their own business?

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Has SBR looked into who's ghost this guy is yet?

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

This...because if this goes thru.....anybody with a iphone can set these owner up and then their team is up for sale

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

New guy on the board throwing in the race discussion..nice...yeah you're a newbie in the yard

akphidelt

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    New guy on the board throwing in the race discussion..nice...yeah you're a newbie in the yard
    I'm not new to the Internet.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Yeah, let's not forget his thread HE HAD to make to announce his arrival. Obvious ghost.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Why shouldn't an Association be able to vote out owners in their own business?
    Depends for what. We as a country have been so keen on this notion of being able to bargain away/sign away certain liberties that are the cornerstone of a thriving society. All under this psuedo-meritorious guise of pure capitalistic notions.

A person having a private conversation, especially with someone they're romantically involved in, should not be sole or any part of the grounds for taking away a mans economic interest in a company he has overseen for decades.

Those are two issues, separate. One an issue with American's willingness to believe in the utility of Corporatism above damn near anything. The other is specifically about a private discussion being enough to take away an interest in a business.

The latter is a terrible fukkin precedent. The former is what I perceive to be a cancerous idea eating away at the American consciousness.

In a nutshell, I hope Sterling goes out in a blaze of glory, trying to burn down the NBA in a legal battle that consumes the rest of his natural life. NBA is a shit product anyway, and I would love to see it take a hit due to feigning rage over a non-issue.
    Points Awarded:

Darkside Magick gave ChalkyDog 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

I honestly don't get why any owner would even attempt to justify Donald Sterling's actions at this point. Just shut your mouth and you'll do fine. Now Mark Cuban says...

"I mean, we're all prejudiced in one way or another. If I see a black kid in a hoodie and it's late at night, I'm walking to the other side of the street."

Now regardless of how truthful that statement is, because I'm pretty sure most of us would do the same... why in the world would he even mention that??

Hopefully the mainstream media doesn't pick it up. The Trayvon crowd will be out and about looking for blood!

Why? He didn't say he'd chase him down and kill him with his concealed handgun. If George Z had walked to the other side of the street nobody would have cared and Trayvon would be alive.

TakingVegasMoney
    TakingVegasMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 881

Everyone is prejudice in some way or some form. Why is what Cuban said being so scrutinized? How come the black community always feels like the world is out to get them? Racism is a 2 way street. There are black, Asian, Spanish, and Indian groups who despise white people. There are groups Who despise other ethnicities. Why do we only hear about how the hate is towards blacks only? It's penetrating ridiculous already. You're gonna tell me that Asians don't feel hated by some Spanish groups? Or Spanish groups don't feel hatred from blacks?? GET OUT OF HERE WITH THAT.

I'm seeing so many people on twitter going off about Cuban who are primarily black media members. It's absurd.

akphidelt

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Why? He didn't say he'd chase him down and kill him with his concealed handgun. If George Z had walked to the other side of the street nobody would have cared and Trayvon would be alive.
    I have nothing wrong with it, I just would imagine bringing up that stereotype would not be kosher for the Trayvon crowd.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

if i see a black man in a hoody late at night i'm taking off running!

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

Depends for what. We as a country have been so keen on this notion of being able to bargain away/sign away certain liberties that are the cornerstone of a thriving society. All under this psuedo-meritorious guise of pure capitalistic notions.

A person having a private conversation, especially with someone they're romantically involved in, should not be sole or any part of the grounds for taking away a mans economic interest in a company he has overseen for decades.

Those are two issues, separate. One an issue with American's willingness to believe in the utility of Corporatism above damn near anything. The other is specifically about a private discussion being enough to take away an interest in a business.

The latter is a terrible fukkin precedent. The former is what I perceive to be a cancerous idea eating away at the American consciousness.

In a nutshell, I hope Sterling goes out in a blaze of glory, trying to burn down the NBA in a legal battle that consumes the rest of his natural life. NBA is a shit product anyway, and I would love to see it take a hit due to feigning rage over a non-issue.
    His economic interest is not being taken away. He can still make a shit fortune by selling the team. It's not like he simply forfeits his interest. He's in a partnership. He signed a partnership agreement. If they follow the partnership rules in booting him then why should anyone including the govt thru the courts intrude on that. I see it just the opposite. He signed the damn contract. As an owner in the association he' gotta follow the rules or suffer the consequences.

akphidelt

The NBA Constitution, that HE signed, disagrees with all of this. There is nothing in their Constitution that differentiates between private or public actions. In fact, they even specify that the Board of Governors do not need proof of evidence to find him guilty, they can use anything they want as evidence to why they are voting him out. The owners themselves would have to be the guys making the decision that a private conversation should not warrant being forced out of their Association. As for Sterling's case in court?

He has none. He signed a contract that specifies who has the rights to kick him out.

I have absolutely no problem with an Association being able to vote on their own organization and vote owners out that are not holding up to the standards of their organization. Not a single court in the country would force an owner in to an organization that does not want that owner there.

He is basically done for, and maybe the NBA alters their Constitution after this, but for now... he has nothing other than hoping the owners back him which I highly doubt.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    His economic interest is not being taken away. He can still make a shit fortune by selling the team. It's not like he simply forfeits his interest. He's in a partnership. He signed a partnership agreement. If they follow the partnership rules in booting him then why should anyone including the govt thru the courts intrude on that. I see it just the opposite. He signed the damn contract. As an owner in the association he' gotta follow the rules or suffer the consequences.
    Just like if you own a fast food franchise and then someone record you saying I would never that food it is garbage...corporate could take your franchise away because you are damaging the brand

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9978

A hero to fellow racists, lol. A villain to the common sense community.
    Wrong. This is a total non-story to the common sense people.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: marcoloco

1234 Last