44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12894

Educate me???

We have some time before the next set of games. How the heck is OKC favored by 2.5 points??? the first game I could understand, maybe, but that pathetic offensive performance last night was ridiculous!!! They can't blame that on missing Ibaka. Just looking for some cordial intelligent feedback.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Because lines are not drastically adjusted after one bad performance. The Spurs could have won by 60 yesterday they still might not have been favoured for game 3.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Because lines are not drastically adjusted after one bad performance. The Spurs could have won by 60 yesterday they still might not have been favoured for game 3.
    To me it looked like two bad performances??? But, thanks for the input.

zajazd
    zajazd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 456

home/away

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Just erase everything theyve done all season and base them off of two games?

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    To me it looked like two bad performances??? But, thanks for the input.
    Game 1 was bad but nothing dramatically bad. It's just the classic NBA line adjustment when a team down 2-0 is playing game 3 at home. If anything, Thunder probably should be -3.5 here, so there has been some reaction to yesterday by the books.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by zajazd View Post
    home/away
    So, the odds makers some how think OKC being at home will avenge getting blown out by an average of 26 PPG??? That's a lot to overcome.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Just erase everything theyve done all season and base them off of two games?
    No, not all. They played excellant all year, but the last two against the same team, that they are familiar with??? Well, thanks for the input. Maybe OKC will make corrections.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Game 1 was bad but nothing dramatically bad. It's just the classic NBA line adjustment when a team down 2-0 is playing game 3 at home. If anything, Thunder probably should be -3.5 here, so there has been some reaction to yesterday by the books.
    I follow you. TX.

jtoler

Was gonna say that also, if anything the oddsmaker would have leaned and put it at -3 or -3.5 because OKC is down 2-0, the rationale is they come out stronger and not go down 0-3. Its based on ratings, SA isnt rated much above OKC, youre not gonna change that really even though SA won by 20 plus, that rating is based on a whole season which carries alot more weight than 1 or 2 games.

jtoler

No, not all. They played excellant all year, but the last two against the same team, that they are familiar with??? Well, thanks for the input. Maybe OKC will make corrections.
    If the oddsmaker had knee jerk reactions like the public theyed be broke, sharps and people who've watched long enough know you cant do that, but its just a number for betting purposes, doesnt mean SA still doesnt win by double digits. If you make SA favs then OKC is heavily bet upon, SA will more than likely lead in betting percentages at this number, even though I dont even follow percentages, its meaningless to me, but still more times than not a team like OKC down 0-2 in this situation would win this game, I know they arnt quite the same without Ibaka and I know they are a different team than 2012, but just for example, SA was up 2-0 in 2012 and you know what happened after than. Mixing apples and oranges being different teams but just saying.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Was gonna say that also, if anything the oddsmaker would have leaned and put it at -3 or -3.5 because OKC is down 2-0, the rationale is they come out stronger and not go down 0-3. Its based on ratings, SA isnt rated much above OKC, youre not gonna change that really even though SA won by 20 plus, that rating is based on a whole season which carries alot more weight than 1 or 2 games.
    Well, you and SETO are starting to draw a clearer picture, it now kinds of makes sense basing the odds or the yearly output, considering as you say they were fairly equal. thanks Guys.

SharkAA
    SharkAA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6282

We have some time before the next set of games. How the heck is OKC favored by 2.5 points??? the first game I could understand, maybe, but that pathetic offensive performance last night was ridiculous!!! They can't blame that on missing Ibaka. Just looking for some cordial intelligent feedback.
    Home court + they want to avoid the sweep. I think these are the reasons why OKC if favoured. I don't think OKC can win Gm 3, but it's possible that they will win Gm 4. Similar scenario than in SAS-Portland series.

jtoler

I think its just too much offense for OKC to handle right now though, Aldridge asked Duncan about 2012 when they were in the same position and Timmy basically said they as a team will constantly remind themselves of what happened that year, youd think they have that on their minds and come out focused and ready for the task, perhaps Spurs wont be as offensively assertive on offense on the road for this one and OKC will be, thats what needs to happen for them to win, still I put in a small bet on Spurs since they just may be favored by game time.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

I think its just too much offense for OKC to handle right now though, Aldridge asked Duncan about 2012 when they were in the same position and Timmy basically said they as a team will constantly remind themselves of what happened that year, youd think they have that on their minds and come out focused and ready for the task, perhaps Spurs wont be as offensively assertive on offense on the road for this one and OKC will be, thats what needs to happen for them to win, still I put in a small bet on Spurs since they just may be favored by game time.
    My thanks to ALL that responded!!! Nice to get intelligent feedback and some important info. BOL to all.