STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

insane, I grew up watching Jordan destroy my Cavs in the playoffs. I hated that mutherfukker. But when the dust settled I realized how great he was, and I realized he was the greatest to ever play basketball. When LeBron left Cleveland I realized we were losing one of the greatest players to ever play, but I wouldn't dare say he was the greatest over MJ, or even on an all time team at the time. I have biased against LeBron, bc of what he did to my city, but I also have enough sense to realize that he deserves to be in the same breath as Jordan. Taking away rings, and just looking at who is better at basketball, I am taking LeBron. Yes, I think he is better than Jordan ever was physically, and if he comes close to matching MJ's accomplishments on the court (which he will), there will be no doubt who the best player ever was, and that will be LBJ. I respect Jordan and realize how great he was, but you have to realize the NBA was not near as talented overall and near as competative then as it is now. The only thing left for LBJ to do to match Jordan is win 6 titles. He has 2, is on his way to 3 (Bulls never beat a team like San Antonio by the way, who may be the greatest dynasty since the Celtics), and he isnt even 30 yrs old yet. If you look at what goes in to winning basketball, LBJ does everything (other than purely score, which he could do if he wanted to) better than Jordan EVER did. Rebounds better, passes better, equally good defender, shoots higher percentage from the field, and is a btter teammate and team player. LBJ shoots 55%+ from the field, which is absurd for anyone not a center. When its all said and done, LBJ will at least be equal to Jordan, and more than likely be considered better by most people.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

They are indeed one of the greatest teams in league history. The last 15 years are a testament to that. I only wish Reinsdorf had allowed Phil and Jordan to come back in 99 so that Robinson and Duncan could have exposed them in the finals...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I will say if LeBron does beat San Antonio he will quickly become the new Michael Jordan

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11078

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Coach slow down please. These anointments usually end badly. Rd 1 dallas took them 7 gms. Rd 2 they played portland who had no playoff experience. Now they get okc less ibaka.

Slow down trust me.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If Spurs win title we start talking about Duncan as second greatest player of all times and shooting for Jordan

Its hard to believe but we still got a ways to go

homie1975

they have not faced anything like Miami's D yet. Miami's D has speed and intensity. the West Conf has speed but no real intensity.

Dallas? lmao. Portland and their youth? nope. OKC without Ibaka when they were a finesse team even with him? puhleeeaaaasse.

just wait.

annointments are such a bad idea. they almost always fail.

HEAT WILL BE READY BABY

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

they have not faced anything like Miami's D yet. Miami's D has speed and intensity. the West Conf has speed but no real intensity.

Dallas? lmao. Portland and their youth? nope. OKC without Ibaka when they were a finesse team even with him? puhleeeaaaasse.

just wait.

HEAT WILL BE READY BABY
    intensity, MIA had to come back to win series last year. Pressure was on them.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

just wait.

HEAT WILL BE READY BABY
    Dallas > Bobcats
    Portland > Nets
    OKC w/o Ibaka > Pacers w/o Paul George.

By that logic, if the Heat and Spurs meet the Spurs should roll.

The Heat have been coasting since the season opener. Eastern conference is a cake walk. That's an advantage. To not be tested.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    intensity, MIA had to come back to win series last year. Pressure was on them.
    and that's exactly what they did. when you have LeBron and Wade in their primes basically (Wade slightly past his), then you have the championship winning team in 2012, 2013, and...........................2014

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Dallas > Bobcats
    Portland > Nets
    OKC w/o Ibaka > Pacers w/o Paul George.

By that logic, if the Heat and Spurs meet the Spurs should roll.

The Heat have been coasting since the season opener. Eastern conference is a cake walk. That's an advantage. To not be tested.
    George is playing tomorrow Chalker

First 12