Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Doug McDermot = This years Adam Morrison

And oddly enough he is projected to go to the Charlotte Hornets at #9!

MJ don't do it!!!!! Stop drafting white boys.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

We all know white guys are losers in the Nba except the the rare few in NBA history

I would not even draft him

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    We all know white guys are losers in the Nba except the the rare few in NBA history

I would not even draft him

Apparently Jordan didnt get this memo. Maybe he feels bad for being a racist as a teenager or maybe he thinks if he can find a star white player than he can tap into the white market in Charlotte and get some white people to attend some games.

San Diego Padres had this in mind with Adrian Gonzalez b/c there are so many mexicans in San Diego they were really excited to get a mexican slugger.

But damn't how many bust is MJ going to draft. He wasted last years pick on Cody Zeller.

PublicEnemy
    PublicEnemy's Avatar Become A Pro!

#1 worst draft pick by the great MJ in NBA history........Kwame Brown for the Wizards. That killed me! (I'm a Wizards backer, dc native)

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by PublicEnemy View Post
    #1 worst draft pick by the great MJ in NBA history........Kwame Brown for the Wizards. That killed me! (I'm a Wizards backer, dc native)
    Yeah MJ was a great player but an awful judge of talent.

Just 2 years ago he passed on Bradley Beal to take MKG.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

He's not Adam Morrison but he's also not going to be anything special.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    He's not Adam Morrison but he's also not going to be anything special.
    b/c he is white.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

The problem with a lot of these players is that they is not in shape. Adam Morrison could have been a decent player but was never in shape. Anthony Bennett for the cavs was not in shape and look like garbage. Patty mills got in shape and improve his numbers greatly. Even Kevin love when he lost the weight and got in shape his numbers went up.

A guy like mcdermot need to get in super shape and add muscle and work on speed. Look like the guy can shoot.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3329

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 02-18-15 at 02:04 PM. Reason: image does not exist

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

He'll be another Gordon Hayward.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Morrison was much more hyped and was drafted 3rd. Even if McDermott goes 9th that's very different than 3rd, though probably too high. 9th is a bad pick since there's 8 clearly legit players, but a drop off after that. Wiggins, Parker, Embiid, Exum, Randle, Gordon, Smart, Vonleh. Now who goes after that?

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by tokio View Post
    He'll be another Gordon Hayward.
    Lmao I bet the Jazz draft McDermont too.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    b/c he is white.
    Because he's slow and won't be able to get many easy looks in the nba.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Doug can score in many ways.
    He will in no way be like adam Morrison.
    This thread is full of fools.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Because he's slow and won't be able to get many easy looks in the nba.

idiot.

ARoot55
    ARoot55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    Doug can score in many ways.
    He will in no way be like adam Morrison.
    This thread is full of fools.
    I was almost at the bottom and hadn't found anyone that has a clue, then finally Tham. Box McDermott into the white player category all you want but he will have a solid career and don't be shocked if he goes higher than 9. The Adam Morrison comparison is just lazy.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by ARoot55 View Post
    I was almost at the bottom and hadn't found anyone that has a clue, then finally Tham. Box McDermott into the white player category all you want but he will have a solid career and don't be shocked if he goes higher than 9. The Adam Morrison comparison is just lazy.
    It's idiotic. Clearly people never watched him. He is so creative off the ball. Finds open spots.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

mcdermott will be a better kyle korver, charlotte is a good team for him actually.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Lol why do people always have to compare him to someone? Because they dont know how to actually watch a player and analyze his game.

ARoot55
    ARoot55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

It's idiotic. Clearly people never watched him. He is so creative off the ball. Finds open spots.
    Yea it's comical. Then I read comments in the Wade thread saying that he has "more pedigree" than Iverson. What exactly does that mean, he's not as ghetto? Iverson came from a better college program and was the number one pick in the draft, does that not qualify as good pedigree?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

in college he did this. dont forget adam morrison was good in college.

the nba is a league for men. Not preppy white boys who played for their dads team in college.

jjgold

Mj not a baske ball mind

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

in college he did this. dont forget adam morrison was good in college.

the nba is a league for men. Not preppy white boys who played for their dads team in college.
    You are ignorant.
    Watch him play.
    If you cant see his talent, youre blind.

ROYAJA8
    ROYAJA8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 257

McDermott is a baller what are you talking about. He's a scoring machine will be the next Dirk Nowitzki for sure.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

You are ignorant.
    Watch him play.
    If you cant see his talent, youre blind.
    he is like a grown man playing against 12 year olds in college. But wait til he gets to the pros he won't have any kind of physical advantage. Same thing happened to Cody Zeller.

I'm not ignorant i just know very few white players are worth a damn in the NBA so when you draft a white boy you are really taking a gamble.

Other than Kevin Love who is always hurt... name 1 American white boy who was worth a 1st round draft pick?

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by ROYAJA8 View Post
    McDermott is a baller what are you talking about. He's a scoring machine will be the next Dirk Nowitzki for sure.
    Lmao....here are some Nba reports on mcdermott

Weaknesses: He creates matchup problems on offense, but he is the matchup problem on defense, as he is a tweener who is too short and lacking in strength to guard the 4, but lacks the lateral quickness to guard 3's ... Has played a lot more 4 than 3 through his college career, will need to transition to playing much more on the perimeter ... Struggles to create his own shot on the perimeter. Ballhandling ability is subpar ... His inside scoring ability is severely limited when he goes up against NBA-sized big men ... Has a relatively big frame, but desperately needs to add muscle in order to utilize his post game ... Slow on closeouts due to his lack of foot speed ... Physical limitations are concerning ..

McDermott’s athletic and physical limitations place questions about how he will translate to the NBA … Is not a very explosive or quick player, with average leaping skills … Is a tweener due to his lack of height, and his 6’6 ¼ height measurement without shoes in the combine did little to help his cause about answering questions about his ability to spend time playing the PF position at the next level … Lacks athleticism for the SF position, and not tall or long enough to play consistently at PF … Will have to rely heavily on timing and positioning to be effective at the next level … Gets his shot blocked quite a bit around the rim, and becomes much less effective the longer he has the ball in the post … Hard to imagine him getting daylight like he did at Creighton on his some of his shot attempts considering his fairly pedestrian physical skills and athleticism … How effective he becomes will depend directly on the system he goes to and exactly how his coach plans to use him based on game-to-game matchups … Had his share of struggles vs teams with true NBA athleticism in his college career … Has some weaknesses against long and athletic defenders … Can be rebounded and shot over a bit too often … Makes no impact whatsoever on the defensive end of the ball … Has posted alarmingly low steal and block numbers throughout his career for a projected frontcourt player, and that does not figure to improve at all in the NBA … Will his coaches ever look past the fact that he is a fringe defender? ... Doesn’t pass the ball often ...

Like I said he need to get a Nba body and work with experts for speed and explosivness...again he can shoot

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

but to be clear i got nothin against McDermott i just hope my Hornets don't waste a 1st round draft pick on him bc they have a bright future if they dont fukk up the draft.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

he is like a grown man playing against 12 year olds in college. But wait til he gets to the pros he won't have any kind of physical advantage. Same thing happened to Cody Zeller.

I'm not ignorant i just know very few white players are worth a damn in the NBA so when you draft a white boy you are really taking a gamble.

Other than Kevin Love who is always hurt... name 1 American white boy who was worth a 1st round draft pick?
    You cannot compare fukkin zeller to him.
    Cmon now..... cmon. Just cmon.
    Omg.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Possibly, never know, biggest thing about him to me is his foot speed, he's kinda slow. Still with good fundamentals and given the proper chance he could excel, he moves alot which helps and if he can find a team that will focus on him doing that he could be a real keeper.

jjgold

He could average 15 a game

guys will probably shut him down though in the pros

RydinRuff
    Update your status
    RydinRuff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

Quote Originally Posted by ROYAJA8 View Post
    I can't believe i just read this garbage

at 6'8 he will NEVER be ANYTHING REMOTELY CLOSE to Dirk... EVER...

At worst case he will be Steve Novak. At BEST case he might be somewhere between Mike Miller and Kyle Korver. AND that's a LONG SHOT

jtoler

Even without shoes I probably would have guessed he would have measured at least 6'7, at 6'6 basically now he'll probably be late first round at best.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Even without shoes I probably would have guessed he would have measured at least 6'7, at 6'6 basically now he'll probably be late first round at best.
    No way. He will go top 15, maybe 10.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    No way. He will go top 15, maybe 10.
    Yeah I saw that on some mock drafts, but thats just me. Every year I see tons of guys drafted way ahead of where they should be drafted, every year Im shaking my heads at alot of the picks. If you look at any past drafts its littered with guys who did nothing in the NBA, every single draft.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11078

Bear if youre gona take shots at him at least spell his name right

12 Last