BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

OKC is 10-2 against the Spurs in their last 12 meetings

Obviously losing Ibaka hurts some but Durant and Westbrook still pose problems for the Spurs. Adams should do a decent job in the middle.

This isn't a slam dunk series win for the Spurs just because Ibaka is out.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Bro are you trying to convince yourself that OKC wins the series. Whatever OKC does it wont be enough bro.

JM17
    JM17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 828

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

I was just talking to The Prick about this game... OKC is gonna be smaller, faster and working outside in. IMO, they need to ram the ball down the spurs throat for a chance. Westbrooks reckless style might finally be what they need for a chance to win. I think Spurs take it in 5. They need redemption after that game 6 mess against the Heat. BTW, Heat series is going 6 or 7 against Pacers.

Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!
    Barnes & Whine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Obviously losing Ibaka hurts some but Durant and Westbrook still pose problems for the Spurs. Adams should do a decent job in the middle.

Well maybe it will go 6 but Spurs will still win. And it is primarily because I like the Thunder and want them in the Finals.

JAnthony
    JAnthony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

The same s**t was brought up - Spurs are 3-10 ATS at home, Mavericks are 10-2 against Spurs, bla, bla, bla...etc. - in that last game of SAS/DAL series and look what happened.

JAnthony

The problem with Adams is that he will probably get fouled out. The dude is just too agressive at the times and TD and Spliter will exploit that quite well.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by JAnthony View Post
    The same s**t was brought up - Spurs are 3-10 ATS at home, Mavericks are 10-2 against Spurs, bla, bla, bla...etc. - in that last game of SAS/DAL series and look what happened.
    What on earth are you talking about?

It was quite the opposite, Mavs had lost 9 straight to the Spurs and 7 straight road games to the Spurs before the series started, and a lot of games by 20+. A lot of people expected a sweep.

JAnthony

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    What on earth are you talking about?

It was quite the opposite, Mavs had lost 9 straight to the Spurs and 7 straight road games to the Spurs before the series started, and a lot of games by 20+. A lot of people expected a sweep.
    Similar thread with some lame-ass trends was created before the DAL/SAS game 7.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by JAnthony View Post
    Similar thread with some lame-ass trends was created before the DAL/SAS game 7.
    Before game 7, gotcha.

This is not meaningless though, Spurs have evidently struggled with OKC. It is a tough matchup for them. Not saying they won't win but I wouldn't necessarily think they will either. Likely laying off until game 2.

BigDofBA

Before game 7, gotcha.

This is not meaningless though, Spurs have evidently struggled with OKC. It is a tough matchup for them. Not saying they won't win but I wouldn't necessarily think they will either. Likely laying off until game 2.
    You're right Seto.

I'm not saying OKC is going to win easily. I am saying that the series price on the Spurs is way too high here. This isn't the 96 Bulls and this team has struggled with OKC.

OKC is the one team that San Antonio did not want to play in route to the Finals.

If Westbrook plays great this series OKC will most likely win it. If he plays average, they will lose. I'm just a bit surprised how everyone is talking about the Spurs like they are the Dream Team. Sure they are a really good team but two years ago it was similar situation heading into the conference finals except the Spurs had won 20 straight.

I have a strong feeling that OKC at least splits the first two in San Antonio. Do all of these people picking the Spurs in five really think the Spurs are going to go into OKC, a place they haven't won in two years, and dominate?

Seto

You're right Seto.

I'm not saying OKC is going to win easily. I am saying that the series price on the Spurs is way too high here. This isn't the 96 Bulls and this team has struggled with OKC.

OKC is the one team that San Antonio did not want to play in route to the Finals.

If Westbrook plays great this series OKC will most likely win it. If he plays average, they will lose. I'm just a bit surprised how everyone is talking about the Spurs like they are the Dream Team. Sure they are a really good team but two years ago it was similar situation heading into the conference finals except the Spurs had won 20 straight.

I have a strong feeling that OKC at least splits the first two in San Antonio. Do all of these people picking the Spurs in five really think the Spurs are going to go into OKC, a place they haven't won in two years, and dominate?
    I agree there's no way in hell I would lay -200 or whatever with the Spurs.

The thing is OKC has the 2 best players in this series. I mean what do the 2 average between them, like 60, 17 boards and 13 assists or something? That definitely gives them a chance.

A lot of people will say yes but the Spurs have all these guys off the bench who can all give you something but do they actually have anyone who's going to dominate in this series? Who are they going to down the stretch of a close game? How are they going to get stops against Durant down the stretch of a close game?

Obviously OKC has issues too but let's not act like the Spurs are the Dream Team as you say.

I'm actually really not sure what's going to happen here and I'm not sure how anyone can think either team is a lock or whatever.

I would venture to say that the Spurs will go off with their 3s in a couple games but if they're not OKC will find ways to hang around and I give them the edge in close games.

BigDofBA

I agree there's no way in hell I would lay -200 or whatever with the Spurs.

The thing is OKC has the 2 best players in this series. I mean what do the 2 average between them, like 60, 17 boards and 13 assists or something? That definitely gives them a chance.

A lot of people will say yes but the Spurs have all these guys off the bench who can all give you something but do they actually have anyone who's going to dominate in this series? Who are they going to down the stretch of a close game? How are they going to get stops against Durant down the stretch of a close game?

Obviously OKC has issues too but let's not act like the Spurs are the Dream Team as you say.

I'm actually really not sure what's going to happen here and I'm not sure how anyone can think either team is a lock or whatever.

I would venture to say that the Spurs will go off with their 3s in a couple games but if they're not OKC will find ways to hang around and I give them the edge in close games.
    Agreed. The Spurs may very well win the series but it's closer to a coin flip then it is -200.

The two best players on the court are Westbrook and Durant as you said.

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

Isn't Parker hurt?

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

I agree everyone seems to forget how okc use to steam roll this exact team every time they met. Ibaka is a really big deal but this is still not a gimmie like most on.here keep saying/thinking . Spurs struggle with these high paced teams that like to run the floor.

Doesn't matter though big d. Okc wins its just because the NBA is rigged