blstrick5
    blstrick5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1096

5dimes deleted my live bet

I had a message pop up saying they deleted my live bet due to "obvious line error." Anyone else had this happen before? I want my money

Its not my fault your dumbasses put up a dumbass line.

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

Quote Originally Posted by blstrick5 View Post
    I had a message pop up saying they deleted my live bet due to "obvious line error." Anyone else had this happen before? I want my money

Its not my fault your dumbasses put up a dumbass line.
    What was the line?

blstrick5
    blstrick5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1096

It was Clippers -1.5 1st half when they were up by 14 or so in the second quarter.

l3randonf
    l3randonf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 323

They should have to honor it because if you accidentally put a bad wager up...they will take your money.

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

BetOnline just had a few seconds ago "Under 1995.0" game total live bet. I didn't bother to try to take it, because I'm sure they'd delete it.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

"Obviously" meant 11.5

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

All books do this. Happens once in a while. Just move on.

sballen
    sballen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2274

I've had Bovada make errors before. Just earlier this week I took a live under on a game and it gave me the cash at halftime even though it was a full game bet. My bet still won so it was a moot point, but i was surprised, now had I ended up losing the full game bet I'm pretty sure they wouldve corrected it.

They should honor the bet because you know they wouldnt refund your money if you were on the losing side of it, but were dealing with offshore books here and that was an obvious error.

MickChunky
    Dillishaw +715!
    MickChunky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Read the live wagering rules

El Sol
    El Sol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Quote Originally Posted by MickChunky View Post
    Read the live wagering rules
    second this, its right there in their rules. I realize they aren't in Vegas, but even in Vegas, the laws clearly state that the wager must be fair for both parties minus the juice. This is obviously not a fair line for the book. But it does suck

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

Sucks that repeatedly 5Dimes does not cancel an accidental wager by clients. Should work both ways. Happened to me 4 times since November. Sometimes hard when using Mobile device and then I lack attention to the confirmation screen...sure it happens a lot.
    And then for a starting pitcher change, they cancel the bet and don't give a message beforehand that it's been cancelled. They are in it to win your money.

Mocknroll
    Mocknroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

You're lucky they cancelled before the fact. Usually they wait until the result and then make the call, which means you're screwed either way. They'll take your money if the Thunder got back to within 1 at the half, or they'll refund if you didn't. You covered, so they would have refunded.

If you take a line that is obviously an error BECAUSE it id obviously an error you're playing with fire. Your bet will almost never stand if it hits, but they'll happily take your money if you do happen to lose.

El Sol

Quote Originally Posted by sballen View Post
    I've had Bovada make errors before. Just earlier this week I took a live under on a game and it gave me the cash at halftime even though it was a full game bet. My bet still won so it was a moot point, but i was surprised, now had I ended up losing the full game bet I'm pretty sure they wouldve corrected it.

They should honor the bet because you know they wouldnt refund your money if you were on the losing side of it, but were dealing with offshore books here and that was an obvious error.
    actully, if they collect on a line thats obviously in error, they will refund the bet based on the same principle. But only if you call in, protest and demonstrate it was indeed an unfair line. But the error has to be obvious. However, if you bet the wrong side on a obviously bad line, then you're an idiot and is probably why it rarely happens.

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

Jumped on a line for Anaheim Ducks game for Over 1.5 total goals the morning they were playing. It was -200 odds, so I put down a large chunk obviously to capitalize on their mistake. Within an hour, they caught it and cancelled my bet.

El Sol

Quote Originally Posted by RollinDo View Post
    Sucks that repeatedly 5Dimes does not cancel an accidental wager by clients. Should work both ways. Happened to me 4 times since November. Sometimes hard when using Mobile device and then I lack attention to the confirmation screen...sure it happens a lot.
    And then for a starting pitcher change, they cancel the bet and don't give a message beforehand that it's been cancelled. They are in it to win your money.
    thats not the same thing and thats why they have two lines for baseball, one for action where they wont stop the bet on a pitcher change and one for listed where they will cancel the bet based on a pitcher change
    Last edited by El Sol; 05-15-14 at 11:15 PM.

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

Careful betting those "obviously" wrong lines.

Mocknroll
    Mocknroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

By the way, if these are errors pre-game you can usually get away with them if you 'hide' them in a parlay.

During last season there was a heavy NFL favorite getting + instead of - points.

My friend took the + for $500 straight and parlayed it for $500 with another heavy ML favorite.

They cancelled the straight wager and he got paid out for the parlay.