Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

I stopped betting on the NBA when the Raptors we're eliminated and the story broke about the league wanting the Nets to win for ratings......I said to myself why bother? I'm done with the NBA. Looking forward to my bread and butter NFL season to start. Good luck to you Navs, gambling is like playing that game "minesweeper", you gotta make some gambling moves but try not to land on the fixed game or you get blown up.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    Kid you're young and it seems like you have an incorrect philosophy about betting that sounds something like this...oh this is easy I can beat this game anytime I want. You cannot, and you will have tremendous beatings your entire life, this one will be nothing if you continue in your ways and I am betting you will. Why? because you will get over this and very shortly start up again. If you are a seasoned player you know this. Very few of us quit for life. And listen to this, YOU CAN'T WIN IN THE LONG RUN. People that say you can are lying or idiots. I have been involved on both sides both receiving and making plays and I know you can't. And this is not for years it is decades, many many decades. Nobody wins, almost nobody, I will admit that maybe 1% of players win and believe me when I tell you this 1% is a very very high figure. In reality, I don't even think it is 1%.

So what is the strategy if you know you can't win but you must play. That is up to you, you must make some rules and follow them always. Mr K said something like don't chase money, that is really important. You know what I have discovered about many players, they bet more when losing and less when on a winning streak. Well that is probably exactly reversed of what you should do. But, even better is to find an amount that you can lose for the week and when that is reached STOP. Also, calculate an amount for each and every bet decide on a percentage like 10% and don't deviate from that variable. For example you start with a $40 play, your lowest bet is 36 and your highest is 44.

This is just an example you must find what works for you. The truth is it almost inevitable that if you continue to bet you will have disastrous years and you will ruin your life and people close to you. You're19 make a good decision here. It is unbelievable how many people I personally know that have ruined their life, two suicides by the way.
    steve stevens would disagree.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    steve stevens would disagree.
    As I said BB you need to find what works for you. I simply gave guidelines of strategies that might work for him. If you are going to bet I think these strategies will keep your losses realistic. Of course people will disagree, but here is one thing I know, almost nobody wins in the long run so whatever strategy you use keep that in mind.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Obviously I do not know who steve stevens is? lol

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    Obviously I do not know who steve stevens is? lol
    he's the tout in that reality tv show Money Talks

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

OP i hate saying this because if you lose i'll feel terrible but the Clippers for game 6 should be easy money. Doc complained about the calls, will probably get the calls next game, i'm expecting Clippers blowout city next game. This is just like when Kidd complained to the refs after game 5 in the Raptors series and then the Nets won games 6 and 7. You're young, take a shot! Punch the bookies back and take the Clippers for game 6. Although i said i was done for the NBA playoffs, i think i might make a play here and get some NBA money.
    Last edited by Luckycharms2012; 05-14-14 at 08:34 AM.

ayojj727
    ayojj727's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

lol Ive always been on this thread for advice. Never made an account until now. Stop betting kid if your gonna sit and cry to everyone. Honestly I don't think anyone gives two shits about you. You picked a bad play that's all. For the record I was on okc ml and man what a night I had best night of my life. While you remember that loss forever ill remember that beautiful comeback and three free throws made by westbrook. LOL loser get back to minimum wage job buddy.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    he's the tout in that reality tv show Money Talks

Yeah, I just looked him up. Not too many favorable reports about this lad. lol A tout, can you find a less respected profession with the exception of politician and used car sales person?

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

You know if one has been playing for any length of time we can tell bad break stories for hours. We all have them and they are entertaining to hear. I have so many I can't remember them all. But, just for the hell of it how many times have you lost a basketball game on the last shot. Hundreds is the answer of course. And how many times in that same game was that last shot made with seconds on the clock the only time in the game when you were losing the game. Your are playing any length of time you have scores of them too. Really disgusting but when you become seasoned you just laugh them off. I, like many of you, have become so accustomed to bad breaks that they no longer even bother me. When I was a kid I wanted to smash the TV, no longer I just sort of smile. Really that is the truth.

How about this bad break just for entertainment purposes. True story and kind of unique. Are you old enough to remember when the rules for college football changed concerning OT. First year of college OT and new OT rules. I had a team getting more than 8, so long ago I can't remember exactly the line nor can I remember the team but I am pretty sure it was one in the league that had Tex Tech.

Okay so I am getting 8 and it goes into OT, I think I can't lose this game. Wrong? Opposing team scored a TD kicked the point and up by 7, no problem. My team gets the ball and immediately tosses an interception and it is returned for a TD. Those points at that time counted so my team loses by 13 and I lose the bet. That can no longer happen because the rules changed again. Today you could not lose that game. People argued with me about this but they are wrong.

So there is a bad break that can no longer happen. Funny?

capone8585
    TEAMCASH
    capone8585's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 545

Kid, don't worry. That is why there are games today to bet on. I suggest another $500 parlay. You will rock this one out. Nothing beats a loser like a winner. You'll get over it with a new win! Just don't bet small now and win it. Because then you will feel like you lost still...

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

lol

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Hope ur reading between the lines here. This forum and its psychotic members is proof, gambling's sick. Quit while your ahead is the best advice

retard
    retard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 112

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=109...espnapi_public
    tigers scored 4 runs with 2 outs in the 9th05d98.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14356

Just know its never over till its over. Somewhere someone was counting their money already.

Circa 1987; I had Twins with frank viola pitching up 9-0 in the 9th. Ended up losing. It happens.

Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Just chase with a 1000 parlay on the Blazers ML!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    Dude.....how in the world are you 19 and have $500 to lay down on a longshot parlay? Absolutely insane!
    This. Unreal.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by retard View Post
    Ouch. That one's bad too.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by retard View Post
    Not even close to as bad as ppl that had clippers ml. Tigers won that game. OKC was handed the game.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Not even close to as bad as ppl that had clippers ml. Tigers won that game. OKC was handed the game.
    He didn't have Balty ML. He had Balty +2.5. It was 1-0 in the 9th. To lose a +2.5 by the hook given that is pretty damn brutal.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

I don't watch NBA ever. I looked at one replay I could quickly find and to be honest couldn't say it was for sure off the OKC guy. Maybe a different angle had a better look or whatever but I didn't see anything that was beyond the doubt un-conclusive. I would venture this is not the worst beat of all time - but does suck for sure.

Not trying to be an asshole here but the odds of you cashing that out - giving to family and then not subsequently dumping it back in there and losing it is almost nill. Unless you swung once and were never going to gamble again - didn't matter what happened there - a year from now result would be the same. Just learn from this. Just my two cents.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    I don't watch NBA ever. I looked at one replay I could quickly find and to be honest couldn't say it was for sure off the OKC guy. Maybe a different angle had a better look or whatever but I didn't see anything that was beyond the doubt un-conclusive. I would venture this is not the worst beat of all time - but does suck for sure.

Not trying to be an asshole here but the odds of you cashing that out - giving to family and then not subsequently dumping it back in there and losing it is almost nill. Unless you swung once and were never going to gamble again - didn't matter what happened there - a year from now result would be the same. Just learn from this. Just my two cents.
    It wasn't only that play. Westbrook got bailed out with a foul with the game on the line. Before that, DeAndre Jordan got an illegal screen called - a chippy call in an otherwise physical game. Then when Paul lost the ball he clearly fouls Ibaka with 1.3 seconds left and the fans are so loud that the refs don't even blow the whistle.

It was one of the most controversial games I've ever seen in watching 25 years of the nba

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

You just have to have the discipline to hedge. I know when your team is winning big it seems meaningless to hedge and you feel why just give money away, but you never KNOW what's going to happen, been in this situation too many times, Ive humbled myself to hedge every single time.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

it evens out in the longterm, you never remember the lucky cashes only the bad beats.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

I lost a 20 to 1 parlay last year in NBA playoffs. Had Bulls (+700ish) over Heat game one and Golden State (+500ish) over San Antonio, both game 1's. Bulls won, and Golden State was up 18 with like 6 minutes to go 4th qtr. SA came back, forced Ot on a buzzer beater, then won the game in OT on a buzzer beater. It sucked bad

Zeus54
    Zeus54's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 490

Quote Originally Posted by Luckycharms2012 View Post
    I stopped betting on the NBA when the Raptors we're eliminated and the story broke about the league wanting the Nets to win for ratings......I said to myself why bother? I'm done with the NBA.
    lol, did you just start following the NBA? League has been fixed for awhile. Remember the 2002 WCF?

NavsPicks
    NavsPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1877

Quote Originally Posted by ayojj727 View Post
    lol Ive always been on this thread for advice. Never made an account until now. Stop betting kid if your gonna sit and cry to everyone. Honestly I don't think anyone gives two shits about you. You picked a bad play that's all. For the record I was on okc ml and man what a night I had best night of my life. While you remember that loss forever ill remember that beautiful comeback and three free throws made by westbrook. LOL loser get back to minimum wage job buddy.
    Lool I already have another $500 parlay for tonight. Unlike you I went to school and got into a good degree + have a decent part time job. It's my time to enjoy unlike u.. U win that bet u gotta pay bills. Have fun working for someone ur whole life guy

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by NavsPicks View Post
    Lool I already have another $500 parlay for tonight. Unlike you I went to school and got into a good degree + have a decent part time job. It's my time to enjoy unlike u.. U win that bet u gotta pay bills. Have fun working for someone ur whole life guy
    Ouch.

What are the plays?

NavsPicks

Habs ML + Portland +8.5.

STAX

please dont bet $500 on Portland... and Im calling BS on you. Just last night you said $5200 was life changing money, yet you have a degree and can afford $500/day to play parlays? Something not adding up son.

NavsPicks

I don't have a degree. I'm in school for a degree. I don't have expenses . Ill post a pic later prob. MTL ML is my pick just looking for a 2nd game.. Either brk or por idk yet. Any suggestions?

ayojj727
    ayojj727's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

haha you wish you had a job like mine. Im 19 and living better then you would your whole life. I just aint a sucker putting in 500 dollar parlays lol. Your better off throwing it on one game parlays are for the suckers. Stick to losin money hope you don't kill yourself one day cause your eventually gonna go bankrupt with the pace your going and stupidity.

NavsPicks

Quote Originally Posted by ayojj727 View Post
    haha you wish you had a job like mine. Im 19 and living better then you would your whole life. I just aint a sucker putting in 500 dollar parlays lol. Your better off throwing it on one game parlays are for the suckers. Stick to losin money hope you don't kill yourself one day cause your eventually gonna go bankrupt with the pace your going and stupidity.
    Lol one of us is posting plays with pics one isn't. I drive ur dream car brah I can post a pic too with my name under the title cuz if u saw it u wudnt believe it. I garauntee ur okc ML wasn't over $100.. Broke dick

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by NavsPicks View Post
    Lol one of us is posting plays with pics one isn't. I drive ur dream car brah I can post a pic too with my name under the title cuz if u saw it u wudnt believe it. I garauntee ur okc ML wasn't over $100.. Broke dick
    The force is strong with this one.
    Dont give in to the darkside, young padawan.

Win $1000 on heat moneyline.

NavsPicks

I don't beat favorites. Ever .

STAX

Take Thunder ML tomorrow night

First 12345 ... Last