Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Any Westbrook haters still around

To think the media somehow fooled people into thinking this kid hurt the team was about as comical as when they tried to make Jeremy Lynn the next Asian savior just to bring in more of the Chinese market. Don't worry guys the haters will be back. He eventually will throw up a bad shot and we can all forget about how fantastic he is playing. I would give up the Sixers first round pick and Michael Carter Williams for this talent. 3 knee surgeries and his hunger has him back. Derrick Rose . U want to talk about a selfish prick? I have to give it to Durant for finally coming out and telling the media to back off Westbrook and he has Westbrooks back. Durant knows he isn't winning shit without Westbrook just like Westbrook knows he isn't winning shit without Durant. You see fellas when u don't watch the games and slurp up everything the media fills ya with it shows u have no mind of ur own. When u actually watch the games because it is the playoffs u see this kid is a big time talent. The kids margin of error is so slim tho. 1 turnover and the kid will be the most hated once again. Gotta love Barkley the best. He said Westbrook was killing the team but MIke Conley was way underrated.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Rose?????????????

He is not even a top 10 nba guard anymore

Westbrook is playing great, just a relentless mother fukker

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i love it
    people want him to be perfect
    not going to happen, he does what he does and has great nights and awful ones
    at least he's not boring like some of the other teams
    very cool that durant has his back

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

the one game he threw up a triple double and the media blamed him for the loss They win good job Durant. They lose Westbrooks fault. That steal off of Conley to force overtime was one of the best plays of the year but got basically no press. If Durant stole that ball they would have giving him MVP of the playoffs right there on the spot. Eventually the refs will pull some shit to get in his head (like quick bullshit touch fouls or phatom fouls) and Westbrook will slip. I thought the other night when they gave him the quick T when the ref missed the call, they were gonna give him another to get him out of the game. I guess they needed Ok City to win that game. It is all for not tho because they wont beat the Spurs if they play them. NBA already has Spurs ticket into the finals. Timmy boy is a league darling. That is why Timmy like Lebron has had the easiest ride thru the playoffs.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

His style of play opens him up to bad games and criticisms.

OKC Loves him and he got a max contract, his teammates love him, so it's all good.

Good thread, Thor.

As of now, if OKC won the finals last night, he'd be the finals MVP

theballsflop
    Fish
    theballsflop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I agree with Kraken. His style is volatile and tbh most of okc's wins or losses will be attributed to him... mostly the latter.

That being said, he needs to improve his shots selection. His fg% can be much improved. As of now, CP3 is more complete as a PG than he is.

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Hard to argue with - Size/Strength/Athleticism.

Like others say, shot selection/decision making is poor at times. But his speed/athleticism is out of this world, especially after the surgeries. Hope to see him vs parker in the West finals. See the old man Parker get abused by him. Only other PG with Westbrook like abilities is Rose (pre injuries of course) but as bad as both are at jump shoots, edge to Westbrook. But both take it to the hole and jump over most PG/SG.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11090

One trip to the finals in his 6 yr career lets slow down. His facial expressions are a huge turn off thats why people hate him

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

I think its more of his attitude than game that i don't like

I don't like emotional players. I like guys that show little emotion like Wade Tmac Mitch Richmond

Noah and Boozer and my two most hated athletes in all of sports

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I think its more of his attitude than game that i don't like

I don't like emotional players. I like guys that show little emotion like Wade Tmac Mitch Richmond

Noah and Boozer and my two most hated athletes in all of sports
    so you hated jordan and Kobe goatjizz? Stay away from posting about NBA because you are a moron.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post
    Hard to argue with - Size/Strength/Athleticism.

Like others say, shot selection/decision making is poor at times. But his speed/athleticism is out of this world, especially after the surgeries. Hope to see him vs parker in the West finals. See the old man Parker get abused by him. Only other PG with Westbrook like abilities is Rose (pre injuries of course) but as bad as both are at jump shoots, edge to Westbrook. But both take it to the hole and jump over most PG/SG.
    Ted, Westbrook will not be abusing Parker if they meet. It will be the other way around most likely. Westbrook doesn't have the basketball IQ to guard Parker. Parker is too smart and crafty, runs around too many screens, is too good at knowing his team and reading their pulse. Westbrook is a one man wrecking crew yes and is better than Parker in most areas. It is a pretty even matchup if you ask me just on an individual level. You can't tell me right now Westbrook is a better player than Tony Parker.

Westbrook's numbers are always gonna be inflated because he dominates the basketball. I would say D Wade is still much better than Westbrook and he's dominated him in the matchups they've played against each other. Westbrook puts up better numbers as of now but in the finals he got smacked around like a lil bitch by Wade.

Also I would say that Curry is better than Westbrook as well. Westbrook is definitely better than D Rose. Rose never deserved that MVP and will be lucky to make the HofFame.

The best PGs in the league are Paul and then its a huge drop off to probably 2. Curry 3. Parker/Westbrook 4. Wall

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    so you hated jordan and Kobe goatjizz? Stay away from posting about NBA because you are a moron.
    No i don't hate them, because they are the two best to ever do it. Westbrook acts like he's an unstoppable force and one of the top 5 players in the world which isn't the case and never will be.

I never even heard of you before. Next time, you ask for permission to speak with me. You call me sir next time you address me. Maybe then, you will have the pleasure of discussing NBA with me. Have I made myself clear?

Ted Sheckler

GoatMilk, Westbrook will abuse Parker on the offensive end.
    GoatMilk, Parker will have his way with Westbrook, like he's doing to Lillard. (although Lillard and Westbrook aren't good comparisons)

Right now, I'd rather have Westbrook on my team than Parker. So yes I just did tell you that I think Westbrook is better.

I can't argue that Rose never deserved the MVP, probably should of been Lebron, but I have no clue about stats/team stats from that season. Westbrook seems to be 100% so yes he's definitely better than Rose, but I was just comparing their size/athleticism, how they are bigger/faster/more athletic than most PG's. When Rose was 100%, he was tough to deal with, if he comes back with a jump shot, he'll still be good, even if he doesn't have the explosiveness that he had. That's all.

Goat Milk

Good points Ted. Yes both will get the better of each other offensively.

The difference is Parker will not guard Westbrook for the majority of the series if they even get by the Clipps which is a big if.

Did you know this?

Think like a Popovich son.

jjgold

Parker is much much better than Westbrook

MUCH

Ted Sheckler

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Good points Ted. Yes both will get the better of each other offensively.

The difference is Parker will not guard Westbrook for the majority of the series if they even get by the Clipps which is a big if.

Did you know this?

Think like a Popovich son.

Danny Green gonna guard Westbrook?
    Then what, Thabo Sefolosha will abuse Parker.

Did you realize that?

Then we'll have a OKC/Heat finals. Which is a guarantee.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

He still is wreckless I dont like my pg being wreckless, a pg is supposed to be the most controlled player on the floor.

The Kraken

Westbrook is abusing Paul and vice versa. It will likely be the same with Parker. Westbrook has a history of playing well vs. Parker and Russ has only gotten better

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

westbrick still shot 38% and 24% from 3 vs. memphis. if not for reggie jackson's heroics, they would be home right now.

someone must have finally gotten to him and slapped him around to stop shooting as he is attempting 7 less shots per game this round.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ted Sheckler

The Kraken

Courtney Lee said "We want Westbrook shooting the ball, that's our plan".

He has been on fire ever since.

A big part of his game lately has been assists and that's relatively new, he's always been a rebounder and scorer. Now he's passing more.

But his low FG% is a bit deceiving because he does play out of control to some extent but that also gets him to the FT line more often.

Overall though, he's not a high % shooter, obviously. Never will be most likely. Yet he always impacts the game. That's what winners do.

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Did you realize that?

dont wanna see that, thunder are heats bitch. at least spurs took em to seven. Clips or spurs, anyone but thunder.

The Kraken

If Ibaka didn't miss a WIDE OPEN lay up, the Thunder would've lost that series in 6 instead of 5

And Harden sucked that series, OKC has gotten better with Steven Adams finally playing like he should and Caron Butler. Ibaka has come along ways as well, he's making lay ups now.

It will be a much different series this time around if OKC makes it.

The West is brutal however. Whoever comes out of the West is gonna have two black eyes. But they'll be battle tested.

jjgold

Spurs have too much for everyone including Heat

You shall see

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

i'm a bruin homer. i could never hate westbrook.

yeah he does dumb shit sometimes but without him, okc will go nowhere (just ask kd).

i'm glad his knees are fully healthy for the playoffs.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Personally, I think it's all about his low basketball IQ. He's a freak athletically, no denying that. When you go 1 on 3 with the best pure scorer in the NBA wide open on the wing, that's a problem. I've seen that scenario time and time again with Westbrook.

The Kraken

See, I'd disagree about low bball IQ. I read that alot here but nowhere else. I think some guys don't like the way he plays so they call it "low bball IQ". I don't think that's the case at all nor do his teammates, even in private.

When he came into the league his bball IQ was low but he sat behind D Collison at UCLA, so her was a raw pg. he's no CP but neither is anyone else. His bball IQ is just fine, imo.

Goat Milk

Did you realize that?

Thabo doesn't know how to play in the post friendo. Thabo won't be abusing anyone. Yes Green will guard Westbrook for a ton of the series if they end up meeting. Parker will guard him as well, but not as much as Green.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    If Ibaka didn't miss a WIDE OPEN lay up, the Thunder would've lost that series in 6 instead of 5
    In which game was that?

The Kraken

Seto it was game 5

OF THE THUNDER/ROCKETS SERIES

Got my series mixed up

Sry

Seto

Seto it was game 5

OF THE THUNDER/ROCKETS SERIES

Got my series mixed up

Sry
    You're still mixed up it was game 4

I'll always remember cause I was huge on the Rockets...

NBA Maniac
    NBA Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 116

this may be a crazy tought...

but finals may end up beeing: Indiana vs OKC
    if somehow they reach each conference finals...

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    You're still mixed up it was game 4

I'll always remember cause I was huge on the Rockets...

I get mixed up a lot

Did you win or lose? I firget if the Rockets were favored or not that game?

Seto

I get mixed up a lot

Did you win or lose? I firget if the Rockets were favored or not that game?
    I had them +1.5 for 6.5 units and ml for 3.5 units.

On that last possession with Houston up 2 I just wanted either a game winning 3 or a miss - Harden was choking like a little bitch (something like 4-15 and 10 turnovers, no exaggeration) so I knew they'd lose in OT - when Ibaka caught that rebound under the basket my heart stopped lol.
    Points Awarded:

The Kraken gave Seto 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

mac_514
    mac_514's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

westbrook belongs in the d-league. i wouldnt let that piece of shit play on my rec league team.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by mac_514 View Post
    westbrook belongs in the d-league. i wouldnt let that piece of shit play on my rec league team.
    Well I guess the world can be thankful you're not an NBA GM.

OKC would be down 3-0 without Westbrook.

1234 ... Last