Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Spolestra is the worst coach in the NBA

It amazes me.....every time I watch the Heat....they NEVER go for the 2 and 1 at the end of any Q.

Just now LeBron took the ball from under his basket with 42 seconds left....the perfect amount of time for a 2 and 1.....and he walked up the court and waited it out and have the Nets the last possession.

This is ain't the first time, I have watched LeBron do this dozens of times over the years...it amazes me that such a great player with some very veteran teammates cannot understand that they should be executing on this play.

Spolestra probably understands but doesn't want to tell his players anything important. God forbid somebody on his team start to dislike him.

Brutal.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Whoever wins tonight will win this series

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    No way! If the Nets somehow win they will still lose the series.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Spoelstra doesn't make those decisions, the players do. He coaches them through the week for situations like this, draws up plays in timeouts, develops the younger guys at practice but with players like LBJ and KD, the coach does not micromanage when on the court.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    rofl. nets can win and heat still cruise in the series

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Hammer Miami ML for the 2nd half no way they let Brooklyn beat them at home

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Spoelstra doesn't make those decisions, the players do. He coaches them through the week for situations like this, draws up plays in timeouts, develops the younger guys at practice but with players like LBJ and KD, the coach does not micromanage when on the court.
    You are usually pretty spot on my friend, but it is a coaches responsibility to make sure his players play the right way. LeBron just did it AGAIN at the end of the third Q. It is completely unacceptable and he needs to make that clear.

Hell....as I mentioned originally, LeBron should KNOW this anyway. I have literally seen him make a habit of not understanding his game....the game that he is supposed to be great at.

It it makes no sense and I have seen them do this time and again in games that are close, games that matter.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It just seems Heat will not win it this year

No way James can do it all

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Nobody understands clock management in the NBA outside of Chris Paul. All these other players/coaches are idiots.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Nets probably get swept at this point

blstrick5
    blstrick5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1096

The 2 for 1 is overrated. It's better to have a good possession than jack up a quick shot just to get another possession. You would be surprised how often there is a foul called or an offensive rebound on the other end and that team doesn't get the ball back.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Nobody understands clock management in the NBA outside of Chris Paul. All these other players/coaches are idiots.
    I was going to say the same thing.

Chris Paul is the absolute best I've ever seen at utilizing the two-for-one.

Most players have no concept of it. It's kind of embarrassing.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

So because you probably lost a TT or a o/u he is the worst coach ever? Get a clue.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by blstrick5 View Post
    The 2 for 1 is overrated. It's better to have a good possession than jack up a quick shot just to get another possession. You would be surprised how often there is a foul called or an offensive rebound on the other end and that team doesn't get the ball back.
    I would not be surprised....and the 2 for 1 is not overrated. It is a very useful tool when utilized properly. If you have 40 or more seconds left then you easily have 10-12 seconds to set up a good play....when you take into account that most of the time teams waste time when getting set in the offensive zone, it makes this a very good play.

blstrick5
    blstrick5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1096

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    I would not be surprised....and the 2 for 1 is not overrated. It is a very useful tool when utilized properly. If you have 40 or more seconds left then you easily have 10-12 seconds to set up a good play....when you take into account that most of the time teams waste time when getting set in the offensive zone, it makes this a very good play.
    I agree with that. There's a big difference between a good quick shot and someone just dribbling down court and jacking up a jumper just to get another possession.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I was going to say the same thing.

Chris Paul is the absolute best I've ever seen at utilizing the two-for-one.

Most players have no concept of it. It's kind of embarrassing.
    I will never forget what he did last year in game 5 vs Memphis when the Grizzlies turned it over on a bad pass that stayed inbounds with about 32 seconds left in the quarter but he let the ball roll up to him and didn't pick it up not to make the change of possession official until the game clock hit 24 seconds to get the last possession.

Smartest thing I've ever seen an NBA player do.